Sign in to follow this  
zachary8888

[Resolved]Corrupt Save please help

Got to about my 9th badge, wonder traded a bit, and then saved to end the day. Next day, woke up to title screen crashes, so I redownloaded the game to see if that would fix the crashing. It did fix the crashing, so I moved my save file to where it belongs and the crashing re-emerged. Wondering if some RPGM gurus out there can fix my corrupt save file and make a Mac user very giddy. 

Game.rxdata

When it comes to corrupted files there's not much that can be done, you have to use a back-up. In the same folder where your file was there should be other files with your player name, time and number of badges. Rename or delete the corrupted file and then change the name of the most recent of the other ones to game and that's all.

ur a saint if this works

EDIT: It seems any save crashes the game. As in, if there is no game.rxdata the game loads fine, but if I add game.rxdata to my Saved Games folder the game crashes after Reborn logo

Edited by zachary8888
supplying efficient information
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, zachary8888 said:

ur a saint if this works

EDIT: It seems any save crashes the game. As in, if there is no game.rxdata the game loads fine, but if I add game.rxdata to my Saved Games folder the game crashes after Reborn logo

Then it might not be a corrupted save, but maybe an issue specific to Mac (?) in that case I'm afraid that I can't help you.

I just downloaded and tried your file and indeed it isn't a corrupted file.

It might be an issue specific to my wine folder, but im  no genius when it comes to troubleshooting that garbage. May just wait a week till I have my PC so I could play on there and if the save isn't corrupt then I shouldnt have any issues :)