[IC] ✗enoblade Remnant

Shamitako

Spoiler

Everyone - Vale 17.20

Colony 9's town hall was a practical building constructed of brick and reinforced with steel plating and half-buried in the ground. It served as meeting place and potential safety bunker for the colony's political class, as well as the home of its leader, Director Maurice Chausson. Set just to the right of the door when entering was an overhang, under which sat a rectangular conference table and eight chairs. And currently occupying those chairs were three Homs, two Faunus, and a Nopon. They didn't technically know why they'd be summoned, but rumors were abundant, making it a pretty easy guess. The woman that appeared outside the gates nearly a week earlier was rumored to have been seeking aid for Colony 6. How Director Chausson had been convinced to send that aid was yet unknown, but it was pretty apparent to those gathered that they had been chosen for that very task. They weren't the best of the best, but none of them were slouches. Good enough to make an impression should they succeed, but bad enough that their loss wouldn't be much of a hit to the colony's defenses.

Whatever small talk they might have been having was cut off by the door opening. Director Chausson stepped out first, followed closely by his adviser Tai Dickson and a woman that none of them recognized but they could assume was the woman from Colony 6. "These Blades will accompany you back to Colony 6." Chausson told the woman, confirming her identity.

"Six blades, how generous of you, Director Chausson." The woman said dryly.

"They're all we can spare." Chausson answered, "You of all people should know that Grimm activity has been on the rise."

"Yes, of course." The woman sounded sufficiently admonished, "This will be more than enough. It has to be."

Chausson face the assembled Blades, the woman and Dickson following suit. "Isidoro Gallo, Lyssa Metaxas, Flanagan Ruaidhri, Embla Gunnarsdottir, Amber Waters, and Remi Fawkes." Chausson gestured to each as he said their names and then paused to let the woman speak.

"My name is Elma Celeste, I'm from Colony 6. I look forward to working with each of you." Elma introduced herself.

Chausson continued, "Colony 6 has been besieged by the creatures of Grimm. You are to accompany Elma back to Colony 6 and offer aid. You will leave within the hour. Please direct any questions to your team commander." He gestured to Elma to indicate this was her role and then he and Tai retreated inside.

Elma joined the Blades at the table. "I'd like to get going as soon as possible, but Director Chausson's introduction left a lot to be desired." She said, "You all probably know each other, but you've never met me and I've never met you. If you're going to be fighting under my command, we need to get to know each other at least a little better. So tell me a little bit about yourselves."

Initiating Main Quest: Colony 6 Overrun.

Tasks

• Introduce yourself to Elma
  • Find Colony 6
  • Defeat the Grimm

Map Movement will be disabled at the beginning of this quest.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flanagan stands and nods to Elma. His outfit is the standard for him, being some dark green pants and a red long sleeved shirt. He doesn't look especially grim about the situation but he does seem sufficiently sympathetic. His chainsaw swings a little bit on his back as he moves.

"As you know I'm Flanagan Ruaidhri, one of the blades in this colony. My semblance causes one of my comrades to heal as I do in combat. My weapon is called Claíomh Solais... I must say, I'm glad to be able to get a chance to help other people like this. Never felt right hiding behind the walls of the colony."

With everything of import said as far as he could tell, Flanagan sits down again with a second nod.

"I hit things until they stop moving." It was hard to tell whether Lyssa was angry or just excited to finally be doing something; her tone seemed to indicate the former, but a lack of bristling or tail-lashing on the Faunus's part didn't . "My semblance helps me do that, lets me charge up when I attack. Embla can give you the details if you need, otherwise just show me what you need me to do." She nodded to indicate the taller woman, falling silent. Lyssa really was glad to be doing something other than cowering within a "safe" distance of Colony 9, but it was tempered with the frustration that they had taken this long to help. 

Embla stands up, calmly nodding along to what everyone else has to say. If she has anything else on her mind, her serene expression hides it.

"My name is Embla Gunnarsdottir, as you already know. It is a pleasure to meet you. My abilities allow me to take more damage than most. I place myself at your disposal should anything aside from our current mission be necessary."

El Tiburón did not know how someone could expect him out of all people to introduce himself without the right musical accompaniment as he stood up with a dramatic swish of his long coat and the sound of a chair being suddenly lifted up and dropped onto the floor, and he beheld the mysterious woman's eyes for just a few glorious moments before he said
"Despite what you have heard from the Director, my true identity is not plain old Isiduro Gallo..." he had to stop himself from cracking a smile when he suddenly stopped to gently shake his head to leave a dramatic pause; that soon ended when he suddenly tore open the thick layer of gauze that covered his inlaid lucha libre mask in half with his cybernetic hands without flinching, and he mentally thanked the nice people from the hospital who helped him practice that particular trick so many times before while he said "Because you see my true name is El Tiburón Etéro! The ETHER POWERED SHARK OF THE LAND!". He decided to leave yet another dramatic pause in there to adjust the straps on the back of his mask...just a few moments before he bowed at the mysterious woman, and said "And I must say that I look forward to using my explosive fists, and my mastery of the long forgotten lucha libre art of target oriented teleportation to help you on your noble cause senorita".

The young nopon till then had been busy stuffing her face from a bag of candies. Finally though she saw fit to take the ten seconds or so to stop and actually speak, once the others had gone 

"Remi eat sweets, take sugar and turn it into fire. Then spit hot fire all over Grim," She stated simply. To accentuate her point she exhaled a small puff of flame that quickly dissipated to embers "When too much grim to spit hot fire at, Remi explode with hot fire! Strains Remi, but burns things, ALL the things, and drains their life force to heal Remi."

Elma - Vale 17.20 Fast Travel to Vale 13.20

Elma decided a demonstration of her abilities would be for the best. Without a word, she vanished from view. A few moments later she reappeared standing at the head of the table. "As I said before, my name is Elma Celeste. I'm a Blade of Colony 6 specializing in stealth operations and reconnaissance." She introduced herself, "That's what put me in a position to get here, but to get back to Colony 6 I'm going to be relying a lot on the rest of you. I can't promise your safety and I won't try to reassure you. We move out in two hours, make sure you're fully prepared." Elma was actually rather impressed with this little group, especially the Nopon. But they were still from Colony 9, whether they liked it or not, hiding behind their walls was all they knew.

A few hours later the group found themselves farther from Colony 9 then any of them had been before. They were crossing the open plains north of Colony 9, heading towards the cliffs to the north. Elma had already explained to them that Colony 6 was to the northeast, over the cliffs. Grimm were scattered across the landscape, though they wouldn't make an attempt to attack unless the group got too close. Biahno lake was to the west, the large body of water was known to attract many Grimm and so the residents of Colony 9 kept their distance from it. According to Elma, there was a passage leading up through the cliffs a little east from where they were, but it would be dangerous to traverse due the large number of Grimm in the area. Not that they had much choice if they wanted to get to Colony 6 in any reasonable amount of time.

Quest Update:
Introduce yourselves to Elma complete

Map movement enabled (reminder that one of you moves all of you when exploring)

(OOC: I'm going to try to make it into the library tomorrow so I can respond to any movement you guys make)

(OOC: I can't update the map RN, but unless I really fucked up, it's just a regular plains space like the rest you can see. Oh, also, as with map movement, feel free to not bother posting full posts with combat. Better to get an action out with no post quickly with how prevalent combat is going to be.)

Tiburon discovers Vale 12.20, as well as a pack of Beowolves.

Combat started, initiative order:

Spoiler

Plains Beowolf 1

Plains Beowolf 2

Plains Beowolf 3

Plains Beowolf 4

Plains Beowolf 5

Plains Beowolf 6

Plains Beowolf 7

Lyssa

Elma

Flanagan

Amber

Tiburon

Remi

Embla

Elma - Vale 12.20. Using Shadowrunner.

As the group continued their trek north across the plains, they were beset by a pack of Beowolves. It was actually rather convenient, they would serve as an easy opponent to test her new team on. "Alright, I'm sure all of you know how to handle a few Beowolves. Let's take them out quickly before they can summon more help." She called out, "Remi and Lyssa, that means you. I'm going dark and won't be able to communicate, Flanagan, you're in charge. If things start to look bad, get everyone out of here." Elma drew her swords and vanished from sight, circling around to strike at the Grimm from behind.

Flanagan shrugged at the instructions. He didn't think he was leader material personally, but it was too late to point that out. As he starts up his Chainsaw he nods to Embla.

"I've got your back, hit 'em from the front. The rest of you... Try flanking them or somethin' just don't get yourselves killed doing something stupid.  As I was goin' over...~"

With that Flanagan starts his merry jog into battle, hopefully with everyone coming after.

Touch Embla. Basic attack Beowulf 1.

"Finally, here we go!" Lyssa thumped her gauntlets together, electricity already starting to arc between them, and then ran forward at high speed. She pounced on the nearest Beowolf with a wordless battle cry, smashing her fists into it repeatedly.

Primordial Beat on Beowolf 7!

"Time to spit hot FIRE!" Remi already had Helios One off her back and expanded into it's full form. She took a breath, and as her feathers began to burn with dancing light she felt her internal stores surge forward. She took aim at the grim, and exhaled a searing torrent of fire into the blasting rod- to which the only response was Helios One's gems illuminating in turn, quite literally sucking the conflagration into its body with an ominous thrum. 

Remi pulled the trigger, but jerked the weapon skyward at the last possible moment, firing a sphere of heat and light that ascended into the heavens... before it detonated over the Grim, raining down wave after wave of searing, biting flame that seemed to seek each and every last one of them out exclusively, clinging to flesh and fur like some hellish glue.

Corona Mass Ejection on all enemies

Tiburón instinctively activated the additional ether engines on his cybernetic arms the moment the Beowolves came into view, and he stood in place and waited for the pack to get just a little bit closer, and closer....to wait for just the right moment to take out his folding chair and leapt into the fray to help the rest of the group tear the foolish wolves a new one.

Tiburón uses a Basic attack on Plains Bewulf 3.

(OOC: I'm gonna keep the same number scheme for ease of communication.)

Beowolf 1 howls loudly. A Cliff Beowolf enters the combat at the bottom of the initiative

Beowolf 2 strikes twice in rapid succession, dealing [miss] and [miss] damage to Lyssa

Beowolf 3 howls loudly. A Cliff Beowolf enters the combat at the bottom of the initiative

Beowolf 4 strikes twice in rapid succession, dealing [miss] and [miss] damage to Flanagan

Beowolf 5 howls loudly. A Cliff Beowolf enters the combat at the bottom of the initiative

Beowolf 6 strikes twice in rapid succession, dealing [miss] and 10 damage to Amber

Beowolf 7 howls loudly. A Cliff Beowolf enters the combat at the bottom of the initiative

Lyssa deals 30(6*5) damage to Beowolf 7, killing it. Induction increases to 30% (5 bonus Power).

Elma activates Shadowrunner.

Flanagan attacks Beowolf 1 for [miss] damage.

Amber grants Embla Melee Defense Up for 2 turns.

Tiburon deals 60(2*30) damage to Beowolf 3, killing it.

Remi inflicts Blaze 4 on all enemies for 3 turns.

Embla attacks Beowolf 5, dealing [miss] damage.

Status

Spoiler

Plains Beowolf 1 - ?/?HP, Blaze 4 (3 turns)

Plains Beowolf 2 - ?/?HP, Blaze 4 (3 turns)

Plains Beowolf 3 - 0/?HP, Dead

Plains Beowolf 4 - ?/?HP, Blaze 4 (3 turns)

Plains Beowolf 5 - ?/?HP, Blaze 4 (3 turns)

Plains Beowolf 6 - ?/?HP, Blaze 4 (3 turns)

Plains Beowolf 7 - 0/?HP, Dead

Cliff Beowolf 8 - ?/?HP, Blaze 4 (3 turns)

Cliff Beowolf 9 - ?/?HP, Blaze 4 (3 turns)

Cliff Beowolf 10 - ?/?HP, Blaze 4 (3 turns)

Cliff Beowolf 11 - ?/?HP, Blaze 4 (3 turns)

Lyssa - 48/48HP, 30% Induction (5 bonus Power)

Elma - 51/51HP, Shadowrunner (2 turns)

Flanagan - 54/54HP

Amber - 47/57HP

Tiburon - 60/60HP

Remi - 75/75HP

Embla - 90/90HP, M. defense Up (25% reduction, 1 turn)

Initiative

Spoiler

Plains Beowolf 1

Plains Beowolf 2

Plains Beowolf 3

Plains Beowolf 4

Plains Beowolf 5

Plains Beowolf 6

Plains Beowolf 7

Lyssa

Elma

Flanagan