Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

Finding Corin-Rouge

Charon

Question

Okay, for the life of me I cannot find Corin-Rouge anywhere! I already battled the three imposters, and talked to the Police Chief. I’ve searched the entire desert and the Scrapyard, day and night, and found neither hide nor hair of him. Is there something I’m missing? Does he only show up after beating

Spoiler

Amaria

or something? Because that’s the only thing I can think of at this point.

15 answers to this question

Just now, Charon said:

Okay, for the life of me I cannot find Corin-Rouge anywhere! I already battled the three imposters, and talked to the Police Chief. I’ve searched the entire desert and the Scrapyard, day and night, and found neither hide nor hair of him. Is there something I’m missing? Does he only show up after beating

Reveal hidden contents

Amaria

or something? Because that’s the only thing I can think of at this point.

He is hiding in Adrienn's Gym, among the flowers in the back.

1 minute ago, Zargerth said:

He is hiding in Adrienn's Gym, among the flowers in the back.

That was one of the three "imposters" you have to track down initially. I already fought all three of them, and he took off. Does he show up there again or something?

1 minute ago, Charon said:

That was one of the three "imposters" you have to track down initially. I already fought all three of them, and he took off. Does he show up there again or something?

I thought you meant the guys in Malchous Forest, Peridot Ward and on the island in Azurine Lake. Anyway, talk to the imposter in Peridot Ward again.

4 minutes ago, Zargerth said:

I thought you meant the guys in Malchous Forest, Peridot Ward and on the island in Azurine Lake. Anyway, talk to the imposter in Peridot Ward again.

He just told me to find him where the mists settle, which is the gym. I already went through all the hint location fights, and from what I've read, Corin-Rouge should now be in either the desert or the Scrapyard, and I can't find him in either place.

11 minutes ago, Charon said:

Just talk to the X of flowers on the very back side of Adrienn's Gym. Another imposter is there.

1 minute ago, Jess said:

Just talk to the X of flowers on the very back side of Adrienn's Gym. Another imposter is there.

I already had that encounter before posting this question. I double-checked before replying before just to be sure, and there's no new Corin-Rouge encounter there after the initial one.

2 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I think you're skipping a certain event where he hops on a train going into the desert

Possibly, I haven't actually gotten a scene of him doing so after he runs from the gym. Where is it supposed to happen?

2 minutes ago, ArcherEric said:

you have to talk to the police chief before talking to the peridot corin

I did that already, he gave me the same settling mists hint as before. Does he say something else too?

Just now, Charon said:

Possibly, I haven't actually gotten a scene of him doing so after he runs from the gym. Where is it supposed to happen?

I did that already, he gave me the same settling mists hint as before. Does he say something else too?

for me he said that even the gym one is an imposter and will conclude that the one with an escape route is the real corin

7 minutes ago, ArcherEric said:

for me he said that even the gym one is an imposter and will conclude that the one with an escape route is the real corin

Yeah, that's what the Police Chief said, except he didn't specify the one in the gym being an imposter, just that one of the imposters was the real one. Peridot imposter said the same thing he always does. Offhand, I think the Malchous Forest one is the only one with a clear escape route, but I honestly don't remember the exact dialogue and movements of the imposters.

Edited by Charon
Clarification

Just now, Charon said:

Yeah, that's what the Police Chief said. Peridot imposter said the same thing he always does. Offhand, I think the Malchous Forest one is the only one with a clear escape route, but I honestly don't remember the exact dialogue and movements of the imposters.

nope peridot one is since he jumps on a train

1 minute ago, ArcherEric said:

nope peridot one is since he jumps on a train

Huh, he's not doing anything like that for me, just repeating his settling mists hint. There's an old man further up the tracks saying there's a lot to do before they can officially open the tracks, and that there have been delays because of shady figures sticking their hands into places they aren't supposed to. Does that have anything to do with it? Is there something else I'm supposed to do to initiate the cutscene?

1 minute ago, Zargerth said:

@Charon Try talking to him several times. I tried doing this side guest myself, and at first he told me about the fourth imposter too.

5a5211f4bd86b_corin1.JPG.ae37ae2684501c923db24d35d4eb3c01.JPG

5a521204c00d7_corin3.JPG.bae2497dad487418ec1221780422d0fd.JPG

Yeah, just got that right before you posted. I think you have to talk to him twice in a row (maybe without leaving the area), because that wasn't happening for me before, even after talking to the Police Chief. Now I can confront him and get that Magikarp I'll likely never use!