Jump to content
Thundermaze

Do you have a signature Pokemon ?

Recommended Posts

Yep,i was wondering if you have signatures pokemon that you always try to use if it is available in Reborn or other games,by signature i mean like Cynthia and her Garchomp,Steven and his Metagross or Red and his Pikachu ?

 

And i am wondering if you associate yourself with any pokemon more than others especially when playing Reborn,where your immersion is quite encouraged ? 

 

~

(Mine is always Sirnight~)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually try to change up my Pokémon teams every game I play, which means that given the opportunity, I'll try to use mons that I've never committed to before. Of course, you can't always do that (like with the starters, or just earlier today where I trained a Rhyperior for Charlotte even though I've used one before in Diamond and had great success with her). But so far it's working out very well, especially in games like Reborn where there's a lot of Pokémon from all Regions available.

 

As for Pokémon I associate with, take a look at my username and get back to me, lmao

Edited by Giratina

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tend to try different mons during each of my playthroughs, so in that sense I don't have a signature Pokemon. With that said, usually my starter is one or more levels higher than the rest of my team, in this regard my starter mon could be my signature mon, I guess. My latest playthrough as well as Normal Monotype- run are exceptions to this rule of mine however, since in both of them Silvally is my highest lvl mon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Giratina said:

I actually try to change up my Pokémon teams every game I play, which means that given the opportunity, I'll try to use mons that I've never committed to before. Of course, you can't always do that (like with the starters, or just earlier today where I trained a Rhyperior for Charlotte even though I've used one before in Diamond and had great success with her). But so far it's working out very well, especially in games like Reborn where there's a lot of Pokémon from all Regions available.

 

As for Pokémon I associate with, take a look at my username and get back to me, lmao

 

It must feel bad we can only have legendaries like 5 millons later in Reborn :/

Edited by Thundermaze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whenever I play a mainline game, I only use Pokemon native to that Region (Alola Forms count as Alola Pokemon). For fangames, I don't repeat Pokemon in order to avoid becoming bored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's only one I'd ever consider a main Pokemon on my teams, and that's this guy:

Spoiler

97c3349c0e5df6f89f39eeaaae8f1c89413d2541_hq.thumb.jpg.1ece261252e6eae6ec3975983cb61160.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ShadowStar said:

Whenever I play a mainline game, I only use Pokemon native to that Region (Alola Forms count as Alola Pokemon). For fangames, I don't repeat Pokemon in order to avoid becoming bored.

Yes i hear ya ~

 

I too always try to use different teams in different games but there are some Pokemon i can't live without it's like a good luck charm for me,it is mostly Gardevoir and sometimes Venusaur though.

 

I always picture myself as a trainer standing beside to her little Ralts~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Filthy Casual said:

There's only one I'd ever consider a main Pokemon on my teams, and that's this guy:

  Hide contents

97c3349c0e5df6f89f39eeaaae8f1c89413d2541_hq.thumb.jpg.1ece261252e6eae6ec3975983cb61160.jpg

 

Oh yes ~

Love me some Swampert,he is so reliable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is not the pokemon i often use on strategy , but he is my favorite : 

 

Spoiler

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "typhlosion"

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zarc said:

This is not the pokemon i often use on strategy , but he is my favorite : 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "typhlosion"

 

Yes,unfortunately he is very hard to make use of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arbok & Goodra. Yea. That's right. I have 2. I don't ALWAYS use them in every main/fan made game but it's like 80% I play Pokémon they're on the team together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always end up using a Pidgeot and Lapras for at least some part of the game.

And I always used to train a Dratini. But for a while now Flygon has been my favorite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Awesome_One said:

Arbok & Goodra. Yea. That's right. I have 2. I don't ALWAYS use them in every main/fan made game but it's like 80% I play Pokémon they're on the team together.

Arbok is certainly interesting and rare.But Poison type is so underwhelmed unfortunately :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SHAGGYSmurf said:

I always end up using a Pidgeot and Lapras for at least some part of the game.

And I always used to train a Dratini. But for a while now Flygon has been my favorite.

I love Flygon too,

I hope he gets a Mega Evolution ~

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thundermaze said:

Arbok is certainly interesting and rare.But Poison type is so underwhelmed unfortunately :(

Honestly, I only got into Arbok because of how it always said its name in the anime. xD Charrrrrrbok!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Awesome_One said:

Honestly, I only got into Arbok because of how it always said its name in the anime. xD Charrrrrrbok!

:D

That's a good reason as any ~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thundermaze said:

:D

That's a good reason as any ~

And I always have to make sure it has Intimidate. If it doesn't, I just can't use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Awesome_One said:

And I always have to make sure it has Intimidate. If it doesn't, I just can't use it.

Unnerve is pretty good too in certain situations,but it always has intimidate since Gen 1,so i can understand why ~

 

And with that cry he'd be sure to intimidate :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my main Reborn save, I usually like to end fights with Tyrantrum. Dragon Dance and Head Smash + Rock Head makes it really dangerous, and it has a really cool and simple design (it's basically a T. rex with an elderly king motif, what's not to like?). But like most people here, I don't really have an overall signature Pokemon, it depends on which game I'm playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, iDunno said:

In my main Reborn save, I usually like to end fights with Tyrantrum. Dragon Dance and Head Smash + Rock Head makes it really dangerous, and it has a really cool and simple design (it's basically a T. rex with an elderly king motif, what's not to like?). But like most people here, I don't really have an overall signature Pokemon, it depends on which game I'm playing.

I just can't like the Dragon types,i just can't,

 

But i believe Tyrantrum is fairly underrated~

Edited by Thundermaze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In any mainline Pokemon game I've ever played, I had to be restricted to what was available in-game, since I had no one to trade with.  I guess that's less of an issue nowadays, but I've only played up to Gen 3 until I got back into Pokemon and played Gen 5 on emulator.

 

Since getting into romhacks and fangames, I've tried to always use different mons (since I had 2 and later 3 gens of Pokemon I hadn't played before----now 4 gens). 

 

The one thing that seems to get on my team when possible (or hacking it in on B/ B2) is a Ralts to get Gardevoir, black hole creator.  I guess this could be 'signature' Pokemon material, though I rarely use them nowadays since I used it a good bit in the past.  I at least have one ready to battle in most cases.  (I had a Gardevoir avatar in the past, which is in my signature)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×