Some ideas for E18

Espeon

Hello everyone, I'm writing this post, since I have some ideas for E18, which I think will be quite useful.

Because of the waiting time between the release of two episodes of the game, very time I'm playing a new episode, I can't remember anything from previous ones and I'm confused about what the characters are telling me (and sometimes even who they are), because I can't remember their actions earlier in the game. Maybe it would be useful to launch some kind of "Previously on Pokémon Reborn"-clip together with the release of a new episode (either on this website or when you start the game in the new episode)?

The other idea is for a new feature in-game. Since downloading E17, my game has been lagging a bit. This makes searching for an item in the bag very time-consuming and boring. That's why it would come in handy to have some kind of search feature in the bag, like the one we already have in the Pokédex.

(I'm sorry if I put this post in the wrong section or the search feature is not feasible, I'm not a regular game, just a Pokémon fan so ...)

while we're at it, maybe that feature from gen 3 games where pressing Select (or Shift for Reborn) in your PC makes the hand yellow instead of white and lets you swap Pokemon faster?  as someone who keeps their PC ridiculously organized, this would save a hell of a lot of time

EDIT:  just to be clear, this is the same feature that also lets you move more than one mon at once, and that's the part that that would be really helpful to me.  idk if that would be hard to implement, but at least the faster swapping would be nice

4 minutes ago, Espeon said:

This makes searching for an item in the bag very time-consuming and boring

Maybe pressing the "A"-button could help. After that button is pressed, all items will be alphabetically arranged.

2 minutes ago, Espeon said:

Because of the waiting time between the release of two episodes of the game, very time I'm playing a new episode, I can't remember anything from previous ones and I'm confused about what the characters are telling me (and sometimes even who they are), because I can't remember their actions earlier in the game. Maybe it would be useful to launch some kind of "Previously on Pokémon Reborn"-clip together with the release of a new episode (either on this website or when you start the game in the new episode)?

Hmm, I see what you mean. You're not the first player who's had issues remembering what happened in previous episodes, lol. But given that in-game, episodes are supposed to follow one another without any transition, that would feel kind of clumsy to have this type of recap cutscene all of a sudden. Not to mention the additional development time that would be needed to implement those. I'm afraid you'll be better off just asking someone to summarize things for you. Or replay the game with the release of a new episode, to fully benefit from the changes it brings.

6 minutes ago, Espeon said:

The other idea is for a new feature in-game. Since downloading E17, my game has been lagging a bit. This makes searching for an item in the bag very time-consuming and boring. That's why it would come in handy to have some kind of search feature in the bag, like the one we already have in the Pokédex.

I'm all for this one. I have no idea how easy or hard it would be to implement that, but a good search tool in the bag would save a lot of time.

3 minutes ago, BushyTheBushSpirit said:

while we're at it, maybe that feature from gen 3 games where pressing Select (or Shift for Reborn) in your PC makes the hand yellow instead of white and lets you swap Pokemon faster?  as someone who keeps their PC ridiculously organized, this would save a hell of a lot of time

Likewise, I think this would be a useful feature. I don't think I would use it a lot myself, but I can see it being great for some players.

1 minute ago, Thiazzi said:

Maybe pressing the "A"-button could help. After that button is pressed, all items will be alphabetically arranged.

anything that helps arranging the bag faster would be cool, even the items in pc too(which are fro whatever reason unarrangeable)

6 minutes ago, BushyTheBushSpirit said:

Yes. Yes yes yes! Please. Without a Budew on top Ame.

the recap idea seems like a bad one to me. you know how everyone loves Recap episodes in anime and such? well for people who are completely up to date it will be more of an annoyance than a good addition (like with the diary function in frlg and dppt). I'm 100% for the bad searching and the PC option tho

27 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

the recap idea seems like a bad one to me. you know how everyone loves Recap episodes in anime and such? well for people who are completely up to date it will be more of an annoyance than a good addition (like with the diary function in frlg and dppt). I'm 100% for the bad searching and the PC option tho

Well maybe it would be annoying to put it in between episodes in the game itself, but why not put one on here? People who are totally up to date can just ignore it and people like me who forget the entire plot would be able to get up to speed. Believe me, it's really frustrating not to be able to keep up with the story, simply because the story is the best part of Pokémon Reborn.

On 1/2/2018 at 3:26 PM, Espeon said:

Well maybe it would be annoying to put it in between episodes in the game itself, but why not put one on here? People who are totally up to date can just ignore it and people like me who forget the entire plot would be able to get up to speed. Believe me, it's really frustrating not to be able to keep up with the story, simply because the story is the best part of Pokémon Reborn.

enjoy!  😜

2 minutes ago, BushyTheBushSpirit said:

enjoy

Not to be annoying or something, but actually I was looking for something dealing with the last few episodes and a little more complete and concrete (not to mention more fun to read). 

On 1/2/2018 at 3:50 PM, Espeon said:

Not to be annoying or something, but actually I was looking for something dealing with the last few episodes and a little more complete and concrete (not to mention more fun to read). 

I know, that was meant to be a joke.  I haven't seen any complete walkthrough like that yet, but someone could easily just make a new thread for it without the devs needing to get involved at all

I would really like if after you have obtained a shiny the dex let you see the shiny pokemon if you press form,

like in the main series games, so when you have caught a shiny it's in the dex forever even after it evolves :D

Hope this wouldn't be to much work, I mean the sprites are already there ;) 

On 1/2/2018 at 6:44 PM, Millianne157 said:

I would really like if after you have obtained a shiny the dex let you see the shiny pokemon if you press form,

like in the main series games, so when you have caught a shiny it's in the dex forever even after it evolves :D

Hope this wouldn't be to much work, I mean the sprites are already there ;) 

(Ignore this first part, it was before I did some extra research.  I just don't want to erase the evidence completely.)

Spoiler

The way Reborn currently works (and the way any Essentials game works, really) is that shininess, gender, and form are independent.  More specifically, if I understand correctly, shininess is a boolean (true/false), while forms are actual numbers (i.e. Muk is form 0, A-Muk is form 1, and PULSE Muk is form 2).  Honestly I'm not 100% sure what type of variable gender is, but I'd venture to say it's not boolean, since Pokemon can be male, female, or genderless (more than two options).  My guess would be that there's probably a way to get the Pokedex to show two of each form (one normal, one shiny), since it can already decipher when there are differences between genders and when there are different forms, even though gender and form are stored separately.  The reason I'm hesitant to give a definitive answer is because while there are base Pokemon that have both gender differences and alternate forms (like Venusaur, Rattata, or Raichu), there aren't any Pokemon whose alternate forms also have gender differences (male and female Rattata are different, but male and female A-Rattata are the same) — and yes, I checked to make sure this was a canon thing and not just a mistake with Reborn.

Spoiler

image.png.8798819f05a037d563ef779c4cf955e3.png

In theory, the existence of gender differences in alternate forms should have no bearing on whether RMXP is capable of displaying shiny versions of every form.  The issue would stem from whether or not RMXP can check more than one variable at once, since currently it only has to check for form OR gender.  Since I'm not super well-versed with RMXP or coding in Ruby (the language RMXP uses), I can't say with absolute certainty that it would be able to check for either of those AND shininess at the same time.  My intuition tells me that it shouldn't be a problem, but I'm probably not the right person to ask.

TL;DR:  I think it should be doable, but I'm not an expert.

It looks like it should be possible to implement.  The coding currently includes a measure to make sure Pokemon never show up as shiny in the Pokedex (presumably to make guarantee you can still see the non-shiny form).  My guess would be that this could be implemented by getting rid of that one line and then adding a few more lines of code, but as I said above (in the part I said to ignore), I'm not very familiar with the language.  Do you really want to have to scroll through up to 56 different forms of Unown though?

On 1/3/2018 at 4:29 AM, Mytic27 said:

How bout follower pokemon? Tho theres already a mod 4 it

I'm pretty sure Ame has said several times that she has no intention of adding that feature to the game.  So sorry, but it looks like you'll just have to stick with the mod. 😬

On 1/3/2018 at 3:29 AM, Mytic27 said:

How bout follower pokemon? Tho theres already a mod 4 it

"We want followers!" they say 

unknown.png

unknown.png

dependents are a mistake and must be eradicated Besides, Ame would 100% say no. Stick with the mod, and you're gucci. 

3 hours ago, Fantastic Mr. Fox said:

"We want followers!" they say 

unknown.png

unknown.png

dependents are a mistake and must be eradicated Besides, Ame would 100% say no. Stick with the mod, and you're gucci. 

wow taka cant even follow the mc properly