Reborn Mafia AMA Gauntlet

Daniel Blackworth

How much do you know of your other Reborn Mafia Club members? Ever wanted to ask a specific question, but couldn't get to it because it'd seem weird to ask out of the blue? Or want to ask a ridiculous question to your co-players and get an honest answer?

Welcome to the Reborn Mafia AMA Gauntlet, a thread where you get the opportunity to interview a specific player every week! Since we are a Mafia-oriented club, there will be two phases:

• The Voting Phase

This phase lasts for 2 days or 48 hours. In this phase, members select 3 members they want to nominate to be the interviewee for the week. Active members of the club are eligible for nomination. Voting is done in the thread. The member obtaining the most votes will be the interviewee for the week. Members may choose to decline the nomination and in such situations, the next one in line will be selected. The interviewee will be asked to create a self-introduction post as soon as possible.

• The Interview Phase

This phase lasts for 3 days or 72 hours. In this phase, members of the club may ask any number of questions to the interviewee. Questions are still within the confines of the Forum rules. The interviewee is encouraged to answer the questions to the best of their abilities. Questions and answering may be done as long as the phase is not yet over. When it is over, the voting phase begins once more.

I and @Alistair will be managing this event. Feel free to ask us questions if you're unsure of certain mechanics of the event.

And the 1st Voting Phase begins!

Wow it's been 3 days already! Time to count the votes.

Meteor Admin Divergent: 9

Alistair: 8

LykosHand: 5

Amine Chankey3ft7: 3

Anti_Hero: 2

Sosobean: 2

Castiel: 2

Quinn: 2

DigitalAmber: 1

Jace Stormkirk: 1

Corso: 1

Which means our first victim winner is @Meteor Admin Divergent! Congratulations~

(letting you decide when your AMA starts, since the timing is odd with New Year's Eve and stuff)

I'm fine with it starting now ~

I didn't expect to be voted first though.

Self-introduction post

A pleasant day! This is probably a year-ender post to welcome myself to the New Year. I am Divergent, most commonly known as Dive, and I can be referred to in a lot of titles (which admittedly change every few months; using Meteor Admin now).

I discovered Pokemon Reborn around late 2014, but only decided to officially play and join the Forums in early 2015. I tried being active for a bit, but being still 14 that time, I found it hard to really fit in and participate. I went on hiatus in late 2015 until early 2017, but decided to become more active in February of 2017.

These past few months of activity have been quite fun though. Aside from learning how to RP and being part of the playerbase of Redemption Season 2 which have been quite fulfilling, Mafia is something I discovered in late May and it encouraged me to both play and host Mafia games. I didn't quite expect though that that small seed of a game would bloom into this beautiful flower of a Mafia community. I have to thank you all for this achievement; for trying to join my games and eventually the other prospective hosts' games. I'm truly grateful for it ~

Setting that aside, my other interests lie in novels, especially fiction, manga, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and writing. I also enjoy watching movies and relaxing. I'm an introvert, so I don't normally initiate conversation, but if you are brave enough to initiate one, I'll be sure to listen and try my best to engage with you.

I'll be ending here, so that we don't actually run out of potential questions ~

Feel free to ask away any questions related to just about anything from Mafia to Pokemon to life. Anything goes!

• Upvote 1

-What was your very first impression of me when you first met me?

- Do you have any brothers or sisters? How many?

- What’s one of the scariest things you’ve ever done?

- Do you think it’s better to get married when you’re young or better to wait a while?

- What are your top three favorite books and why?

-What are the things that make you really happy?

- What are some of your major goals in life?

@Dark Rogue

Name? 

- RL name? If that's what your asking, my real name is Franz. Cool, isn't it?

What country do you live?

- I live in the Philippines, an archipelago in Southeast Asia. It's a small country, but it's got lot of good things to it.

Blood type? 

- I believe it is O+. I'd actually prefer AB+ though tbh.

Favorite Gen? 

- My favorite generation is Gen 4. Lots of cool new pokemon, new evolutions, a good region design, good characters, and an overall good lore and story.

Fav pokemon of each type?

Pizza or Lasagna?

- Pizzzza. I don't eat Lasagna. Picky eater

Pokemon or FE?

- As much as I love Fire Emblem, I can't play a lot of the good games because they're either in Japanese (games 1-4), having very huge storage (TELLIUS series ahhh), or needing very good and excessive internet connection (Heroes nooo)

Dogs or cats?

- I love cats undoubtedly. I kinda earned a fear of dogs after certain incidents in my early years such as seeing a friend in the hospital after she got bitten by a dog and having a dog which went insane after it had kids.

Fav food?

- Crispy pata certainly. Not sure if it's something common in other places, but it's delicious and very crunchy.

Fav Color?

- I used to have green as my sure favorite color, but nowadays, I'm leaning more on blue since it has very good hues and is also a symbol of coolness, tranquility, and success.

@Meteor Admin Divergent I was surprised to read that you discovered mafia games in May. Judging by how you host and play these games, it felt like you had been doing this for years! And it's the same with how well you and Quinn are handling the community. I know Quinn is experienced with being an admin of various places, but what about you? Do you often find yourself managing servers, groups and stuff? Do you like it?

@Amine Chankey3ft7

-What was your very first impression of me when you first met me?

Hmm I think we met each other around March 2017? Iirc we officially got acquainted in Showdown. I think my first impression from you was that you were quite an open and approachable person, someone who's quite cheerful and had a lot to offer. Quite the opposite of me who's introverted and more of the quiet type. It was easy to think of you as a friend though because you took the time to talk to me and I like your style, I guess.

- Do you have any brothers or sisters? How many?

I'm technically an only child as what most people know, but I actually have 2 half sisters and 1 half brother from my dad. Long story but if you wanna ask, PM me ~

- What’s one of the scariest things you’ve ever done?

One of the scariest things I've ever done hmmm I need to think of it for a bit. 

- Do you think it’s better to get married when you’re young or better to wait a while?

I think it's better to get married later generally because I'd prefer to be free and unchained for a few years of my working life and life the way I want my life to be. However, I think that if I find the girl that I really think is the most perfect one for me at an early age, I'd marry her when I can.

- What are your top three favorite books and why?

My top three favorite books are:

(1) Battle Royale: I didn't read the novel officially but I read the manga and it's very close to the novel (don't complain jk). In Battle Royale, one class is selected every few months to participate in a death game and only one person is allowed to get out alive. Although it's quite brutal, visual, and insane, it's a story which shows how far friendship and love can go, a story that is full of love, angst, fear, betrayal, ecstasy, loyalty, concern, contemplation on the meaning of life, and lots of other interesting themes. I'd definitely recommend this for either manga or novel, but if you don't have the time, you can watch the movie, though it removes some of the good parts. I'd also recommend the fanfics as they also have original Battle Royales of their own.

(2) Percy Jackson series, particularly House of Hades: I love the series as a whole because it illustrates Greek and Roman mythology in a modern context, creating a fine story containing humor, romance, drama, adventure, and action while still being able to impart good insights to the reader. It's interesting to delve into the world of Percy Jackson and personally, my favorite in the series is the House of Hades because it's a good turning point for the second series while portraying just how far Annabeth and Percy will go to survive in Tartarus/Hell and escape there alive.

(3) Harry Potter series particularly Goblet of Fire: I liked the Harry Potter series because it illustrates the concept of magic in a modern context but still showing a wide range of originality. It's very respectable for portraying the development of several characters, mostly young, across 7 years as they try to not only combat with the Dark Lord but also to survive issues with family, dealing with friendship, and trying to become better individuals as a whole. I like Goblet of Fire most of all because of the competition within and how it creates a huge impact with the introduction of the other wizarding schools. It also made me get emotional after Cedric Diggory's sacrifice as I had surprisingly gotten attached to him despite him being only introduced in that book.

-What are the things that make you really happy?

There are a lot of things that make me happy:

(1) When I read a really good book/manga and am able to appreciate it to the point of wanting to share in the experience inside

(2) Being with people I'm close with an in a meaninful experience

(3) Achieving success and being satisfied

(4) Having a good argument with someone especially in Mafia ~

(5) Relaxing somewhere far away from home

- What are some of your major goals in life?

First main goal is to BE HAPPY

Second is to travel the world and explore a LOT of places

Third is to live in Japan and experience the culture there especially manga culture ~

Fourth is to create good stories as a writer 

Fifth is to live a fulfilling life as a whole

@Seal

Ideal vacation destination?

My ideal vacation destination would most likely be somewhere in Japan. Preferably in either Hokkaido (I want to experience snow and skiing), Osaka (the prospect of learning culture there is nice and beautiful in and of itself), and Tokyo (the metropolis is something I'd like to explore and get to know while also trying to indulge in the culture and the modernity of it all)

Favorite drink?

I think my favorite drink is a good blend of chocolate shake though anything that contains majority chocolate is fine.

Favorite extinct species?

My favorite extinct species is probably the Pterodactyl. I don't really have much interest in the old world but I like the Pterodactyl as it's one of the few creatures which could really be free and escape from dangerous creatures in the land or the water.

@Alistair

I was surprised to read that you discovered mafia games in May. Judging by how you host and play these games, it felt like you had been doing this for years! And it's the same with how well you and Quinn are handling the community. I know Quinn is experienced with being an admin of various places, but what about you? Do you often find yourself managing servers, groups and stuff? Do you like it?

Thanks. Technically Reborn is the first online community I've ever been in and it's also the only and first place online I've had the experience of managing. I have experience though of managing things rl. I used to be class president for all years in elementary, but managed to escape out of those responsibilities in junior high. I usually become the leader in intellectual related academic activities because of my determination and my organizational skills though.

I actually love managing things that I love. Though it mighy be tiring to organize stuff, it's quite fulfilling to do so, especially when it offers something good to other people. I'm not necessarily altruistic (I don't think I am), but I feel that it's enjoyable to manage things as long as it affects people positively and I find myself enjoying the work.

Guest Sparkin'

Battle Royale, huh. The name already makes me interested.

Anyhow...

If you had a superpower, what would it be?

Do you listen to music? If so, what's your favorite song?

What's your favorite Pokémon?

@Venus

Battle Royale, huh. The name already makes me interested. 

Anyhow...

-> It's an amazing book/manga/film. Kinda like Danganronpa where students are forced to kill each other but you erase the justice system and add brutality

https://www.google.com.ph/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Royale_(film)&ved=0ahUKEwjT7YnKxbTYAhUJoZQKHdzcDHQQ5OUBCKYBMBY&usg=AOvVaw318K_J3Wf_EmMcj-MJatMj

If you had a superpower, what would it be?

If I had a superpower, I'd probably want the ability to create money. It feels like a nice ability to get the stuff that I want without any hitches. Of course, it's best not to tell anyone about the ability because it would only bring chaos. But if that doesn't work, I'd probably get teleportation so that I can go anyplace I want to go without any problems and with easy access.

Do you listen to music? If so, what's your favorite song?

Yep. I like music. I'm more of the pop enthusiast though. I like a lot of songs from different pop artists like Ed Sheeran, Shawn Mendes, Liam Payne, Taylor Swift, Niall Horan, Camila Cabelo, and other artists, but if I had to pick one song, I'd probably pick Perfect by Ed Sheeran. It's such a lovely song and it has a great message, along with the perfectly catchy beat.

What's your favorite Pokémon?

Hmm favorite Pokemon? That's a pretty tough one. I like a lot of different Pokemon, mostly from Steel, Water, Fairy, and Psychic types, but I guess if I had to pick one favorite Pokemon from all Pokemon existing, I'd probably pick Rotom. It's a very diverse Pokemon having lots of different characteristics and having a very unique style overall.