Should i Change My Team

Arararagi Koyomi

So after i beat the seventh gym i thought my team's coverage suck, i lack some pretty common type such as water, grass, rock, Ground, Poison... so i want some help/recommend me some good mons

My team have :

-Blaziken- (speed Boost) His Moveset is Hi Jump Kick,Bulk Up, Flare Blitz and Brave Bird

-Granbull- (Intimidate) Her Moveset is Payback, Play Rough, Headbutt, Ice Fang

-Gardevoir- (Trace) Her Moveset is Magical Leaf, Calm Mind, Psychic, Moonblast

-Gengar- (Cursed Body) Her Moveset is Destiny Bond, Shadow Ball, Confuse Ray, Dark Pulse

-Noivern- (Telepathy) Her Moveset is Super Fang, Boomburst, Bite, Air Slash

-Electabuzz- (Static) His Moveset is Thunder Wave, Thuder Punch, Thunder, Thunderbolt (== I know all electric)

I'm thinking of getting a Sandile to replace Granbull but if i do that i will be missing a strong attacker and ice type

Any Opinion?

You need a water type. Golisopod and Araquanid are good choices and this might be an unpopular opinion but.. Simisear too. Simisear can learn Scald and Taunt which saved me dozens of times (special mention: also Acrobatics). You could also replace Noivern's Bite with Dragon Pulse and give Electabuzz Light Screen and fighting move for coverage. A great sub for Granbull would be Mamoswine.

Edited by Maqqy

Other users will most likely give better advice.But let's see

Spoiler

Blaziken - I have literally sweeped through Reborn multiple times with this pokemon.Remove flare blitz and brave bird and teach it blaze kick and shadow claw.It doesn't have much bulk so if a pokemon survives then this pokemon is gone.But make sure to let it hold wide lens.

Granbull - You have a gardevoir,why do you need this?

Noivern - Remove bite.You have a gengar.Though I salute you for actually using this.Teach it dragon pulse.

Electrabuzz - remove this pokemon entirely.You already have 2 pokemons weak to ground.

Some ground pokemons I recommend:

Nidoking- Sheer force.Teach it earth power and sludge wave and pair it with steed type pokemon.

Mamowine - Thick fat ability.I highly recommend to breed for icicle crash and you got a very powerful pokemon.
Excadrill - This pokemon really can sweep the game without any need of support.

To cover both grass and water type:

Ludicolo - a pokemon with 4x resistance to water,2x resistance to ground and steel and neutral damage from grass.

teach it giga drain,energy ball, surf(some gyms later) and nature power or rain dance.

Edited by Yagami

Boulevard Of Broken Dream

I only have nidorono ,i search nidoran, but the post say it's rare(which is not a problem)and the post is 2013 so I'm not sure if Ame Removed it or not

I don't have drillbur I'm pretty sure you can get it early by the egg trade but i get elekid and i see a post say you need surf(which i don't have access to yet)

correct me if I'm wrong

oh and i wan to let my noivern let draco meteor+u-turn but after some search i think that's impossible since no tm

I too endorese Golisopod, my favorite alolan Mon by far, i think you'll need to be able to use Dive in azurine lake to get it which is pretty late, am not aware of another way to get it early. Swinub(Mamoswine) is a random encounter in certain areas of celestine mountain(the ice mountain, i might've butchered it's name) but if you catch it high level you might need to reteach it ancient power so it can evolve. I'd also recommand getting a Roserade Or a Venusaur, as they're IMO the 2 best classic grass types available(although Venusaur is only available extremly late at low level if you didn't pick it as a starter)

If you're at Noel, you can't get Wimpod yet, but you can get Swinub (cave in front of Shade's gym).

Sheer Force Nidoking is both very strong and easy to get. You can either buy a Nidoran at the Onyx Arcade (which allows you to SR easily for a shiny or for the IVs/nature you want) or catch it in the Wasteland's cave area.

Just now, HAWmaro said:

Yeah Ludicolo seems to plug whatever holes your team has perfectly, but am not sure where to get it as i didn't use one, sorry.

I recall a Lotad can be obtained at the Pier in Coral Ward when it is raining. You need to give it PokeSnax.

It depends, you can't get stuck without it of course, but in some hard battles you might want to have 6 usefull mons, it's up to you i think.  

If you get a metagross yeah it's probablly better than gardevoir IMO, but it depends if you a want physical powerhouse, or a faster Sp atker with supportive moves. in terms of match ups, metagross wills struggle with some upcoming gyms so keep that in mind but it'll also be very good in later ones.