patch 10 somehow broke computer screen? (or maybe i did)

rowboat

ok bear with me uh. let me know if this shouldn't be here or isn't caused by the game or something. D: 

so i downloaded patch 10 finally the other day, cause i ran into a bug in sheridan and then learned that the patch fixed it so i got that. and then today, the first time i've played rejuv since getting the patch, my computer screen started randomly doing glitchy flickering and it's been doing that ever since. like just little flashes. there are not a lot of other options for what could have caused this -- my drivers are all fine & my graphics card seems to be okay, and yeah i turned it on and off again, but the screen just keeps glitching. did i corrupt something in the graphics file  while trying to put in the patch? what happened?? i mean, it's possible my computer is just flaking out for non-rejuvenation reasons but it did not happen until i opened the game. 

i tried to uninstall it completely and see if that fixed it but it didn't; i'm getting really worried that i won't be able to fix it and the flashing is giving me a headache ;u; 

i don't know what to do? i'm kind of bad at computers. ;;

edit: so uh after several hours of eye-breaking glitchy stuff,,,, this seems to have,,, fixed itself? it just stopped doing it. ;;; i really hope it stays that way but i just have no idea what brought this excessively awful interlude on. i'd like to try to reinstall the patch on my recently reinstalled rejuv but i'm afraid this will happen again, bluh. if anyone has any ideas on how i might have caused this so i can avoid it in the future or fix it if it (god forbid) happens again, i'd appreciate them. thanks (':

double edit: it isn't fixed, it just made me believe it for a while. ;u;

Edited by rowboat
update

that's okay. i just wanted to put it out there in case i'd accidentally done this somehow, but that possibility seems less & less likely as i run through the "aaaah what is going on" more. ;;; i might just need to get this dumb thing repaired. thanks (':