Pet and Animal Thread

khouji

Okay, now it's the time for talking about animals, which can be really close to your heart (pets), but some of you can really afraid of them. Are there animals which you really are afraid of? Or is there something that you love? Do you have any pets? Want to tell us about it/them?

I was just about to make a thread about this, but it looks like you beat me to the punch! XD

I absolutely adore animals, and have owned several cats in my lifetime [currently I own two, a lovely black cat named Mars and a tabby-and-white named Phoenix]. They're both indoor/outdoor cats, who come and go as they please but usually return home at night.

As for flea and tick products, I'd like to know a good one myself. I've been using Pet Armor Plus with lackluster results.

On 12/21/2017 at 5:51 PM, khouji said:

I have a dog and he has a lot of fleas and ticks, can anyone suggest me for a good flea control product?

Idk, we just use a flea collar and that's been working. For an active infestation, I'd probably combine ingestables with baths using flea and tick shampoo (we used the hose and those cheap plastic kiddie pools). It's also gonna be important to get flea and tick sprays and spray your yard down, especially where your dog likes to lie down- favorite patches of grass/shade, holes, doghouse, etc. While these pests mostly stay on the dogs, they'll hop on and off at these places and it'll make getting rid of 'em hard if you aren't diligent in giving them medication and spraying down those areas. I would even suggest consulting an exterminator to come and spray down your yard for you.

idk about the fleas, but you can get tweezers, cotton balls, and a bottle of rubbing alcohol and/or hydrogen peroxide to start removing the ticks manually. Douse the cottonball with either the alcohol or hydrogen peroxide, grab the tick with the tweezers, and apply the cotton ball to the tick to make it let go. Pull it off and smash it on the ground or maybe even run it through a candle flame to kill the tick. It's more ideal for large ticks or smaller number of ticks. If there are a lot of smaller ticks, it'll be long and tedious and who knows how cooperative you can get your dog to be.

wish I could vouch for any one particular brand or product, but definitely try spraying your yard.

On 12/21/2017 at 6:51 PM, khouji said:

I have a dog and he has a lot of fleas and ticks, can anyone suggest me for a good flea control product?

We have 20+ animals, so we use Revolution to keep away ticks and fleas. It's a bit pricey, but a monthly dose will do him just fine! 

I've always wanted a dog or a cat but unfortunately both me and my sister are allergic to animal hair.

My sister in particular is pretty bad around cats, she starts sneezing and oh boy, once she starts there is no stopping until she leaves the house the cat lives in.

I've had fish as a kid and they lived quite a long time but died when I moved.

A lot of people don't really like fish as a pet but I really think they're great. I guess there's the misconception that you don't really need to care for fish as actively as cats or dogs but that just isn't the case at all. Caring for fish is a lot more technical as you got to monitor water temperature, acidity, and water purity in order for your fish to live as long and comfortably as possible.

Not to mention some fish are just absolutely gorgeous like this Platinum Koi:bfcf6e4defcf0c2e4c5bab477e1bea68--koi-ca

In clear water their scales literally look like they're worth their weight in actual platinum.

My uncle had a school of Neon Tetra when I was a kid and I was just totally blown away by how cool these little guys are.

Neon-Tetra.jpg

Just an update guys, I saw this flea and tick control online and according to them it can kill the fleas and ticks up to 985 within the span of 12 hours, it has also odor free which will not affect the sense of smell of my dog. What are your thoughts on this type of product? What do you think? Any suggestions?