How does Gameshare work

Iron Avenger

There is a limit to the number of people you can share with.  I think the limit is 3, it used to be 5.  You also can share anything that isn’t a microtransaction or closed beta.  So digitally bought games, dlc, season passes, Preorder bonuses, themes, avatars, ect.  

The problem is that the people you share with will have access to certain other things too... like personal information, the ability to delete and change things, and access to your credit/debit card.  Which I am not comfortable sharing with people I don’t know.

To gameshare you need their Email and Password.

1 hour ago, Godot said:

There is a limit to the number of people you can share with.  I think the limit is 3, it used to be 5.  You also can share anything that isn’t a microtransaction or closed beta.  So digitally bought games, dlc, season passes, Preorder bonuses, themes, avatars, ect.  

The problem is that the people you share with will have access to certain other things too... like personal information, the ability to delete and change things, and access to your credit/debit card.  Which I am not comfortable sharing with people I don’t know.

To gameshare you need their Email and Password.

oh it works for only digital copies not physical? i thought you could share the physical copy . then again the last time i even touched a console was in 2007 and it was a ps2. so i do not know much.thanks anyways

the way it works is someone else puts their profile onto your console. If they download games to that profile on your console, you will be able to log into your own profile and be able to play those games.

But yeah, as long as you've got a hard copy you can pop it in and play a friend's game that way.

Other than that, you can share play, when one person can play a game on their console, then they can share it so that they give you control and you play in their place on your console. So they went one step beyond just being able to observe them playing, but actually take over. There have been instances where people trusted the wrong person and they went and deleted their files or hard earned weapons, etc.

On 12/19/2017 at 10:32 AM, Iron Avenger said:

oh it works for only digital copies not physical?

Yeah, that's the case. Because no player data is stored on the physical copy of the game, sharing your physical copy with someone just allows them to play the game like if they had gone to the store and bought the copy on their own.