(Spoilers) Truth and Ideals

Zane0144

Spoiler

I can't help but notice this little theme being called back from Black and White. In those games there were two heroes and the dragon that helped them create/save Unova or something.

The two heroes eventually came to a disagreement and went their separate ways. The dragon itself was also torn by their argument. One half of the dragon became Reshiram and followed the hero that pursued Truth. The other half became Zekrom and followed the hero that pursued Ideals. The empty  shell it left behind became Kyurem.

I get the feeling Ame is trying to tell us something about each path we took. While those of us who wanted to help Take and with that choice were able to save his life and recieved the Zekrom path, the ones that led to his death received Reshiram. Perhaps it means that while Ideally we want to save everyone and have a happy ending, Taka's death is necessary to reach the True ending. 

I can definitely see his death having an impact on a few characters. His father for one will begin to distrust Lin even more. Also, through his dialogue while travelling the desert, Taka seemed to be close to Zel and Blake of all people. His death is what could be needed to split Team Meteor in two. If he lives, while ideal, we cannot reach that conclusion and will perhaps see a bitter sweet ending because of it.

It would also be cool if we had a secret third path where you make bad choices throughout the game and receive the Kyurem path.

I feel like a kyurem path would lead to a game over or perhaps a very surprising twist on our motives.

Reshiram is the being of truth.

Zekrom is the being of ideals.

Kyurem is the being that needs either one to be "complete", it's a fragment of something more than truth or ideals.

According to bulbapedia, the tao trio ( Zekrom, Kyurem, and Reshiram) are based on the concepts of yin and yang in taoism. Kyurem is more based on wuji though, wuji which is described as the absence of both yin and yang. in deeper research. wuji originally meant "ultimate; boundless; infinite". which might mean we have the potential to be swayed over to the cause of team meteor after something major happens. either way this is an interesting turn for the game and we'll have to proceed our next choices with caution