Trying out Pokemon again

ContegoMD

Hi, just thought I'd introduce myself. 

I wanted to play pokemon again after uhh...8 years or so? The last console game I played was Ruby/Sapphire due to school and I never got quite back. But now, I've been intrigued by new stuff (new pokemons, mechanics) and also to reminisce the nostalgia of it all (also, alolan forms. Lol. Looking at gen 1 pkmn at a new perspective)

I stumbled upon pokemon reborn because of a youtube channel listing this on the top 10 available pokemom games (also, the channel said reborn has an extensive storyline, and I love lore/character dev't/storylines) 

so yup! 

Oh btw though, I've been looking around and I even tried the search function and looking for pinned topics but I don't think I see the FAQs section or even the Community FAQs section. Much thanks if it could be linked. Thank you!

• Global Mods

Hey there. welcome to the community!

The game FAQ is here: http://www.rebornevo.com/index.php?/pr/gamefaq/ but us forum members can answer questions too.

Hopefully you'll love the game (It's excellent) but If you haven't played in ~8 years, good luck, it's pretty challenging! The difficulty is pretty fair and well-crafted though so it might be a good way to train you back up a bit in battling =). 

You may not have seen it as the main download page still links to E16, but the community release for E17 is currently out so you can get that here:

This has gen 7 content added to the game, but there are still some bugs in this one, so be sure to come back in a while and get the full release once that's finished (might be around the end of the month?)

Welcome to these forums!  So, it seems the stopping after Ruby/Sapphire and then coming back years later is a trend?  Though I have to credit Gen 6, mainly ORAS for fully bringing me back, Reborn certainly helped revitalize my want to actually play Pokemon again.

18 minutes ago, seki108 said:

Welcome to these forums!  So, it seems the stopping after Ruby/Sapphire and then coming back years later is a trend?  Though I have to credit Gen 6, mainly ORAS for fully bringing me back, Reborn certainly helped revitalize my want to actually play Pokemon again.

Really? That happens to alot of people? Maybe because after Ruby/Sapphire, the console for pokemon games has changed (from GBA to DS) haha