Charlotte's Gym

Rejuvenated

wow, i'm really struggling to beat Charlotte and cant find anything truly helpful after scouring the forums, i need some advice on how to change my team to beat her:

Mamoswine lv 65: ancient power, earthquake, blizzard, amnesia

Archeops lv 67: acrobatics, crunch, dragon claw, thrash

Greninja lv 66: double team, night slash, surf, extrasensory

diggersby lv 64: swords dance, strength, earthquake, dig

The rest are around 55-60 consisting of: clefable,Bronzong,ninetales,lilligant,dusknoir,emboar

• Veterans
3 minutes ago, Rejuvenated said:

wow, i'm really struggling to beat Charlotte and cant find anything truly helpful after scouring the forums, i need some advice on how to change my team to beat her:

Mamoswine lv 65: ancient power, earthquake, blizzard, amnesia

Archeops lv 67: acrobatics, crunch, dragon claw, thrash

Greninja lv 66: double team, night slash, surf, extrasensory

diggersby lv 64: swords dance, strength, earthquake, dig

The rest are around 55-60 consisting of: clefable,Bronzong,ninetales,lilligant,dusknoir,emboar

Relearn Rock Slide on Archeops, that's basically all you need lol. A high level Archeops outspeeds everything she has and kills them p easily. Could even follow up with Greninja on them too.

The move relearner is near the bottom vendors in Agate Circus

Archeops learns Rock Slide at level 51. Why would you keep Thrash over it?

It is so fast that it should have no problem to sweep with that, if you give it a Metronome/Hard Stone/Wide Lens.

If not, Greninja will be able to finish off with Surf, even though it decreases accuracy of moves. Try Rain Dancing with Greninja first turn, give it an Air Baloon and EQ with Mamoswine. After that,Archeops should be able to handle the rest.

Edit: Ninja'ed by @Candy and @Azeria. :D 

30 minutes ago, Jess said:

It is so fast that it should have no problem to sweep with that, if you give it a Metronome/Hard Stone/Wide Lens.

If not, Greninja will be able to finish off with Surf, even though it decreases accuracy of moves. Try Rain Dancing with Greninja first turn, give it an Air Baloon and EQ with Mamoswine. After that,Archeops should be able to handle the rest.

34 minutes ago, Candy said:

Stealth rock + trick room was all I needed to beat her :P

Also: rock slide on archeops

The problem im having is surviving the attack to setup trick room or stealth rock

30 minutes ago, Azeria said:

Relearn Rock Slide on Archeops, that's basically all you need lol. A high level Archeops outspeeds everything she has and kills them p easily. Could even follow up with Greninja on them too.

The move relearner is near the bottom vendors in Agate Circus

not mine, darmanitan and typhlosion instantly kill and outspeed arcehops due to my inability to ev train 

30 minutes ago, Jess said:

like an idiot i completely forgot to get rain dance as on my other playthrough i found charlotte easy so i didnt bother preparing pre agate but i have no idea how i beat her previously. like stated above my archeops is outsped and OHKO'd

Just now, Rejuvenated said:

The problem im having is surviving the attack to setup trick room or stealth rock

Choose a rock type Pokemon with sturdy or good enough defences (I used Carbink, because it's the only rock type besides Lycanroc I like the design of) to set up stealth rock. Idt your team is too slow, so TR might not even be necessary :P

Edit: Nvm I just read you still get outsped despite your mons having better speed stats apparently. I used two Carbink, one with stealth rock and the other with TR lol So 4 pokemon did all the work for me xD G'luck my fren

Edited by Candy

10 minutes ago, Rejuvenated said:

not mine, darmanitan and typhlosion instantly kill and outspeed arcehops due to my inability to ev train

Wow, Typhlosion with 100 and Darmanitan with 95 Base speed outspeed Archeops with 110? Maybe you should EV train it up in speed a little bit. You didn't buy Power Anklet when you could by the Dept. Store?

You could pair Greninja with Archeops. Greninja might bait SolarBeam from Typhlosion and Hammer Arm/whatever fighting move Darmanitan has and allow Archeops to sweep. It's a matter of soft resetting if you don't wanna EV train at all...

1 hour ago, Jess said:

Wow, Typhlosion with 100 and Darmanitan with 95 Base speed outspeed Archeops with 110? Maybe you should EV train it up in speed a little bit. You didn't buy Power Anklet when you could by the Dept. Store?

You could pair Greninja with Archeops. Greninja might bait SolarBeam from Typhlosion and Hammer Arm/whatever fighting move Darmanitan has and allow Archeops to sweep. It's a matter of soft resetting if you don't wanna EV train at all...

1 hour ago, Candy said:

Choose a rock type Pokemon with sturdy or good enough defences (I used Carbink, because it's the only rock type besides Lycanroc I like the design of) to set up stealth rock. Idt your team is too slow, so TR might not even be necessary :P

Edit: Nvm I just read you still get outsped despite your mons having better speed stats apparently. I used two Carbink, one with stealth rock and the other with TR lol So 4 pokemon did all the work for me xD G'luck my fren

Thanks guys, beat it thanks to a whole lot of RNG quick claw and rock slides