Please note that this is NOT the place to ask for online trades. For that, please use the Online Play forum.

EP17 Pokemon obtainability method pushed back?

Hannes

Question

17 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Jess said:
  Hide contents

He means Reborn post-renovation. Technically, after defeating Ciel.

5 minutes ago, Jk_Garchomp said:
  Hide contents

It's the new Reborn City after everything is cleaned up (after the gym battle with Ciel)

5 minutes ago, GS BALL said:

Reborn city after beating episode 15 content.

Spoiler

ohhhh okay, so post agate it is..... kinda understand why though!

• Global Mods
1 minute ago, GS BALL said:

Probably the same thing that "changed" with ralts and it was also pushed back for neo-reborn, too. Some people "nagging": A. This is so overpowering a pokemon hurr durr B. You shouldn't get this strong pokemon so early

I was meaning what actually changed about the ingame event. I.E what prevents you from doing it after Luna where it was in E16 and earlier.

I didn't know ralts was moved back either, but I can see why two of the strongest and most widely used psychic pokemon were moved back to after Samson (and Fairy in gardevoirs case)

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, Swampellow said:

It got pushed back because it was stupidly early to get it, it was incredibly good.(Ralts is more debatable about its power).

The event isn't changed at all, it just doesn't activate until later now.

so what, you can get all the way there, the machine just wont do anything?

2 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

No, usually you have to wait until the machine in the hideout starts to spawn pokemon. only then are you able to enter the wasteland with a tauros, which you need to reach beldum. you can however access the rest of the cave earlier to get spiritomb etc.

4 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

The Beldum event can't be triggered until after you beat Adrienn, since Metagross alone could murder xyr team. After you beat the fairy leader, however, the event will play out as normal (heal at the wasteland hideout and so on and so forth)

In case anyone is wondering, Ralts can be obtained as soon as you fly back to the renovated city.

*Checks the previous post*

So now we get beldum after the 14th gym.
My reaction:

Spoiler

EsLJojb.gif

Tiny rant:

Spoiler

I can understand the dev wants people to use other pokemons that are normally not used and not just use OU pokemons.But seriously moving every pokemon further into the game just because it performs well is not by any means a good decision.

Reborn already has a huge lack of good TMs.We had to wait until Terra just to get TM bulldoze whereas at that point we should be getting TM earthquake.People are basically going to older episodes just for TM breeding.

Let's look at Metagross.A psychic/steel type pokemon.So it's useful against poison,ice,rock,fighting,fairy.

We already could only use it against the fairy and fighting gym.

But starting from this episode,it no longer has any usefulness.We can only use it against Hardy(in future episodes) and who wants to bet that all 6 pokemons of Hardy will have Earthquake.

Once reborn is completed,who in the world is going to train a level 5 beldum(which is already hell because of how hard it is to catch) after 14 gyms.The only reason people are training new pokemons onw is because people are bored while waiting for each episodes.But once completion,people has no reason to even buy pokeballs after that many gyms.

What I basically trying to say Reborn has 18 gyms so sooner or later some pokemons will do better at some gyms but that does not mean to move the pokemon further into the game.For example,I finally finished the Corin rogue event and immediately the magikarp goes into the pc because I feel zero incentive to use it.

6 hours ago, Yagami said:

*Checks the previous post*

So now we get beldum after the 14th gym.
My reaction:

Hide contents

EsLJojb.gif

Tiny rant:

Hide contents

I can understand the dev wants people to use other pokemons that are normally not used and not just use OU pokemons.But seriously moving every pokemon further into the game just because it performs well is not by any means a good decision.

Reborn already has a huge lack of good TMs.We had to wait until Terra just to get TM bulldoze whereas at that point we should be getting TM earthquake.People are basically going to older episodes just for TM breeding.

Let's look at Metagross.A psychic/steel type pokemon.So it's useful against poison,ice,rock,fighting,fairy.

We already could only use it against the fairy and fighting gym.

But starting from this episode,it no longer has any usefulness.We can only use it against Hardy(in future episodes) and who wants to bet that all 6 pokemons of Hardy will have Earthquake.

Once reborn is completed,who in the world is going to train a level 5 beldum(which is already hell because of how hard it is to catch) after 14 gyms.The only reason people are training new pokemons onw is because people are bored while waiting for each episodes.But once completion,people has no reason to even buy pokeballs after that many gyms.

What I basically trying to say Reborn has 18 gyms so sooner or later some pokemons will do better at some gyms but that does not mean to move the pokemon further into the game.For example,I finally finished the Corin rogue event and immediately the magikarp goes into the pc because I feel zero incentive to use it.

Yes and it's working as intended then. Either you don't bother to train the better pokemon and end up using different mons compared to a traditional pokemon game. Or you only get to use the good stuff against harder content.

14 minutes ago, DiamondTiaraIsBest said:

Yes and it's working as intended then. Either you don't bother to train the better pokemon and end up using different mons compared to a traditional pokemon game. Or you only get to use the good stuff against harder content.

How is that a good thing?

Reborn already has over 60+ hours content.Moving some pokemons further into the game is hampering early game experience.Almost everyone is using the same pokemons early game.This only changed slightly with the new update.

If there were more options early game people would be able to choose more diversely.

For example,if someone is stuck at Shade,everyone will recommend moxie,dragon dance scraggy or Corey's croagunk.

If someone is stuck at Florina,people are going to recommend toxic spikes trubbish.Now there are hardly anymore pokemons to choose from in early game.

The same thing is gonna happen if we let overpowered mons for that part of the game stay though. By forcing people to get a mon they won't otherwise get, they might even start to like it. If anything, your argument just proves that overpowered pokemon has to move to later parts or it trivializes early gyms.

Besides, the early game experience is fine. It truly feels like Reborn was a godforsaken place with everyone out to get you.

19 minutes ago, DiamondTiaraIsBest said:

The same thing is gonna happen if we let overpowered mons for that part of the game stay though. By forcing people to get a mon they won't otherwise get, they might even start to like it. If anything, your argument just proves that overpowered pokemon has to move to later parts or it trivializes early gyms.

Besides, the early game experience is fine. It truly feels like Reborn was a godforsaken place with everyone out to get you.

I didn't mean overpowered pokemons have to be put that early game.I just don't see what's the big problem for to keep some of them where they already are.

Since I started the talk with metagross,I will give example with it.

In ep. 16 we got it after Luna.Then the next gym leader is Samson.Okay,it will do very good against except the Conkelldur or blaziken.

Next is Charlotte.Charlotte will burn it before it can even move.
Next is Terra.Terra will bulldoze the living daylight out of metagross.Since psychic is special on glitch field,it is useless.

Next is Ciel.It will do somewhat against Ciel's togekiss and mega.2 of Ciel's pokemon has earthquake and 1 has heat wave.

Then the last one is Adrienn.This is only gym where it will perform it's best.Only thing Adrienn can do is sucker punch mega mawile.

Out of the 5 gyms in Ep. 16,it will only do it's best performance against 2,do somewhat good in 1 and is completely useless  in 2 gyms.

So the so called "overpowered" pokemon did nothing too impressive Imao.

Let's just move it further into the game.That's the best decision.

I don't see the problem with Metagross not performing on certain gyms, It's still immensely useful for non-gym stuff (Blake and the Meteor Boss run) and it doesn't need to outperform everyone else on the harder gyms, they just need to not overshadow other pokemon on the earlier gyms. pokemon considered overpowered are overpowered because they are versatile or they outperform everyone else available on their niche. Besides if you were willing to get a competitively viable Metagross, (probably a moveset that allows it to set up like Agility) they can still steamroll through the gyms you mentioned with ease, (Maybe not Charlotte)