[Resolved] Breeding Question

Gast

I bred Brave Bird onto a Murkrow then i proceeded to breed it again multiple times with a ditto to produce one with desirable IVs. The Murkrow in question knows these moves in the following order: Perish song, Roost, Wing Attack and Brave Bird. No matter where Brave Bird is located it always get overwritten by Confuse Ray (tried all the positions). I was under the assumption that if a move is last, it's always the last that gets overwritten. Apparently that's not the case and  it gets overwritten anyway wherever it is in this case. I never had this problem before. Am i missing something?

That's really weird. When I breed a mon that has some egg moves, I always make sure that move is on the last slot in order to prevent it from getting replaced by the newest move learned. In fact, the newest move should replace the first one in your moveset and not the last one.

Is your Murkrow also being put in the day care in order to breed again? If that's the case, you could just try to level it up enough, that way he won't level up as much while being there. You'd also need to check every now and then, and in case he's almost reaching a level where he would learn a new move, you then proceed to use a few common candies on it (this would be only a temporary fix though, what you explained should not be happening).

I figured it out...I realized that Murkrow doesn't start with confuse ray so no moves should get overwritten anyway. That means that it was getting confuse ray from the father (which in this case is Ditto). That made me check the Ditto i was traded to the other day only to find out that it knows moves other than transform (how?..). One of those moves was Confuse ray, a move that Murkrow can learn through breeding... thus the father (Ditto) was passing it to the child overwriting the previously bred move (Brave Bird).