Roserade vs Cradily vs Liligant vs Tsareena

Gengar768

Basically I need a good grass mon and Iv narrowed it down to these four sooooooooo wut one do u think I should add to my team/Which one is better  

Edited by Gengar768

What do you need? Roserade and Lilligant are both powerful Sp. Attackers. While Roserade has more coverage and support options, Lilligant can use Quiver Dance and Petal Dance- combined with Own Tempo it never gets confused. Roserade can use Sludge Bomb, Venoshock, Dazzling Gleam etc. as well as set up Toxic Spikes / Spikes.

Cradily is a tank, basically. Storm Drain is a good ability, since it allows you to switch safely into Water-type attacks. Giga Drain, Recover and maybe Toxic are all part of Cradily's game plan.

Tsareena is the physical attacker. It lacks coverage (until USUM move tutors are implemented in Reborn), but I guess you could try something like Trop Kick, High Jump Kick, Play Rough (egg move) and a filler move, Synthesis maybe?

Basically the choice comes down to what your team needs.

@Wolfox I sort of would agree with u its just Iv used Roserade sooooooooooooooooooooooooo many times and I just thought I might try something new Like Tsareena or Cradily or even Lilligant+ The fact Iv got sooooo many special atkers on my team already

Edited by Gengar768

Just now, Gengar768 said:

@Wolfox I sort of would agree with u its just Iv used Roserade sooooooooooooooooooooooooo many times and I just thought I might try something new Like Tsareena or Cradily or even Lilligant

then why add it to the list of mons you're considering? maybe it's rude to ask but if you wanna use something else, why put it there?

@Wolfox Because I was 100% going to use this hell I even breed sludge bomb on to it/Timid nature with near perfect IVs. Also have u ever herd the term "If it aint broke dont fix it" Well thats sort of what im conidering applying here *SIgh* But maybe Ur right maybe I might consider roserade

tsareena is terrible,it wont bring anything good for your team, i mean, grass physical attacker is horrible. roserade is the best, but you said you dont want it. between cradily and lilligant i would say lilligant but if you want an annoyer(toxic,stealth rock, synthesis,other move) you may want cradilly. i still think lilligant is better.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm DAMMIT ROSERADE..............................(Why did u have to be so good WHYYYYY)  soooooo Iv kinda started a new save file...........this one I have wayyyyy more physical attackers ....so this one might be easier too add roserade on to (If ur curious of the team right now its Marshstomp, Ralts and Tynamo)

soooooooooo I know I Said I wanted something new.....................................buuuuuuuut I never ever say that when Im going though the alola reigon and choose my starter(Its poplio everytime BTW) andddddddd My roselia Right now has nearly alll max IVs and its Timid..........Im 99.99% sure thats gud.................sooooo maybe once this game is done I might try Cradily But for now...........Roserade(I must be a realllll hypocrite right now)

Edited by Gengar768

Lilligant with Own Tempo, Sleep Powder, Quiver Dance, Giga Drain and Petal Dance is a real powerhouse. Once set up, not even a Charizard can resist. The counterpart is that if you can't set up then it's very limited.

While Roserade is far more versatile. Grassy Terrain is a great way to remove fields you don't want and can be turned into other fields (burning, corrosive) depending on your needs. It also has access to Nature Power to further play with the field effects. You can also use Toxic/Toxic Spikes. Plus good STAB moves. Overall it's more support oriented.

The choice depend on your team, for instance if you intend to put Misty Terrain on your Ralts then Grassy Terrain or Toxic Roserade may not be a good option. If instead you'll make it a calm minder, then Lilligant becomes redundant.

On 11/12/2017 at 9:42 AM, Gengar768 said:

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm DAMMIT ROSERADE..............................(Why did u have to be so good WHYYYYY)  soooooo Iv kinda started a new save file...........this one I have wayyyyy more physical attackers ....so this one might be easier too add roserade on to (If ur curious of the team right now its Marshstomp, Ralts and Tynamo)

soooooooooo I know I Said I wanted something new.....................................buuuuuuuut I never ever say that when Im going though the alola reigon and choose my starter(Its poplio everytime BTW) andddddddd My roselia Right now has nearly alll max IVs and its Timid..........Im 99.99% sure thats gud.................sooooo maybe once this game is done I might try Cradily But for now...........Roserade(I must be a realllll hypocrite right now)

LOL, every time you ask for an opinion, it ends up like you have already made your decision, so why even ask... I apologise if I am rude, but, in your team Tsareena fits much MUCH better. Physical attacker, Fighting coverage (HJK), crippling enemy physical attackers with Trop Kick, Fairy coverage (Play Rough) and even Punishment to hit Psychic types and Ghosts (which, let's be honest, can wreck you at the moment).

Roserade has its uses, many people have explained how useful it can be, but I don't see the point of asking, if EVERY time you end up doing what you initially wanted to do regardless. It beats the purpose of us providing opinions, if they are impactless regardless.

@mario98 I have no idea why you said that Grass physical attackers are horrible. Former-OU Chlorophyll Sawsbuck is laughing at you right now...

Roserade gets pretty good move set and one less weakness (though it gets neutral ground damage). It also gets technician, which is super useful if you want to use hidden power.

Lilligant with gigadrain (I'm not a fan of petal dance) + quiver dance was a pretty useful mon as well, but I'm not really a fan of plain grass types. It gets pretty much just grass type moves, so either it'll either be super helpful (say against ground types) or be totally useless (since many mons have counters, like water mons could hit you hard with blizzard).

Grass physical attackers are bad. Mostly because they don't have enough bulk or speed to utilize their attacks effectively. The only good ones are Tangrowth and Ferrothorn and even they opt for special grass attacks most of the time. The only reason Sawsbuck was OU at that time was because of the focus on Weather in that gen. Now that weather has been nerfed it's been sent where it belongs, PU.

*Sigh* As much as Id love to say something right now.........I really cant...........Thx for all ur nice comments..........Im sorry that this was useless.......my fault again(Why did I even put this out here.......) oh and incase some of u care

Shes doing great.....Oh and sorry if I post useless stuff...... im just useless in general........ My fault :) 

(Whts the point its not like anyone would believe that I feel this way.)......

Screenshot_6.png

(And after posting this I cringe........I really need a sleep wen I get home on mondays/Tuesdays I mean this.......WOW. Jess wasnt kidding when they said I was being overly dramatic like damn.................

Edited by Gengar768

4 hours ago, Youmu9 said:

Grass physical attackers are bad. Mostly because they don't have enough bulk or speed to utilize their attacks effectively. The only good ones are Tangrowth and Ferrothorn and even they opt for special grass attacks most of the time. The only reason Sawsbuck was OU at that time was because of the focus on Weather in that gen. Now that weather has been nerfed it's been sent where it belongs, PU.

You don't need OU mons to defeat reborn though. You have a valid point, but sawbuck is quite fast for sweeping through reborn anyways, especially if you EV train. And has solid attack and coverage. For competitive it is just mediocre, but we were supposed to give advice for in-game mons, not to go climb the UBER ladder... 

• Veterans

Be real, use Jumpluff. Fast Sleep Powder and Leech Seed are all you need, Acrobatics is nice too.

4 hours ago, Youmu9 said:

Competitive =/= ingame. I highly suggest you actually try some of these things out. Ferrothorn doesn't even ever use special moves and Tangrowth opts for a mixed moveset.

56 minutes ago, Jess said:

You don't need OU mons to defeat reborn though. You have a valid point, but sawbuck is quite fast for sweeping through reborn anyways, especially if you EV train. And has solid attack and coverage. For competitive it is just mediocre, but we were supposed to give advice for in-game mons, not to go climb the UBER ladder... 

Oh, I know that. But he did ask for the best between these Pokemon and Tsareena just falls short compared to the rest. It's a shame too. It has such a wonderful ability. If only it were a bit faster...

48 minutes ago, Azeria said:

Be real, use Jumpluff. Fast Sleep Powder and Leech Seed are all you need, Acrobatics is nice too.

Competitive =/= ingame. I highly suggest you actually try some of these things out. Ferrothorn doesn't even ever use special moves and Tangrowth opts for a mixed moveset.

I've seen a few Ferrothorn use Giga Drain to replace leech seed. It's surprisingly effective. I understand that. I've never used those two in reborn. They were just examples. I'm actually using Torterra as my starter in reborn now. It's a nice challenge. I don't mean to discourage others from using the Pokemon they desire to use but I wanted to point out the flaws in them since that can give needed insight towards the choices they can make.

1 hour ago, Gengar768 said:

Why are people replying to this? Its stupid.....just lock it or something its not worth your time

With all due respect, there is no need to be salty or overly dramatic about what I told you earlier. Plus, you might open a topic, but, as people join in the conversation they might enjoy sharing opinions with each other. I just pinpointed the fact that I have seen you many times asking for opinions and not even taking them into consideration after all, which makes it a bit pointless. Like your whole dramatic behavior after I said that is. 

@Jess I am so sorry. I was just having a bad day and I was tired (and a little cranky....I get like that alot after school)....and yea maybe I was being overly dramatic/Salty about this sooo in short sorry

Edited by Gengar768