E17: My team (because why not)

Zargerth

These are the mons I used throughout my latest playthrough (excluding Geodude and 2 Gravelers which I used to defeat Arceus)

The upper row consists of mons that I used early game or for a couple of gym battles. The lower row is my established team since Agate. I have to say that I really liked this team. I might need new mons for the last two Gym Leaders, though. 

Edit: I just noticed I left out Goldeen and Wigglytuff (the Igglybuff you get from the lady).

image.png.28e1f197996c5dbffeb6014a82b44463.png

Looks like a good team, apart from the obvious weakness to fighting types! (Incineroar, A-Dugtrio, Silvally, Bewear, Heliolisk, Vanillish, Sudowoodo, Bisharp).

As long as Dodrio holds its own, you must be fine! :) 

If Toxicroak has Dry Skin, he will have a party vs the second Gym leader. Plus, he can find use vs First too, so you might wanna bring him back in rotation! Also, Sturdy/Counter Sawk can help as well. And, of course, Araquanid can soak up so much damage in second leader's Gym!

@Jess

Fortunately both Fighting-type Leaders are out of the way by now. Dodrio, Psychic-type Silvally and Passimian did good job, especially against Samson. I've beaten both of this epsiodes new Leaders too.

Spoiler

I'm considering getting another Ground-type against Hardy. I was thinking Mudsdale. Water is weakened in his field and Bewear's bulk is hurt by the added Fire-type in Rock moves. Then I'll also be using Fighting/Dragon/Fairy Silvally.

From what I understand, Saphira is fought on the same field. I might need some Dragons or Fairies for this battle since many Dragons are also Flying-types, so they resist Fighting. I was thinking of either Noivern since it's the fastest of Dragon-types, or go with a Trick Room team and slow mons like Drampa.

2 hours ago, Zargerth said:

@Jess

Fortunately both Fighting-type Leaders are out of the way by now. Dodrio, Psychic-type Silvally and Passimian did good job, especially against Samson. I've beaten both of this epsiodes new Leaders too.

Hide contents

I'm considering getting another Ground-type against Hardy. I was thinking Mudsdale. Water is weakened in his field and Bewear's bulk is hurt by the added Fire-type in Rock moves. Then I'll also be using Fighting/Dragon/Fairy Silvally.

From what I understand, Saphira is fought on the same field. I might need some Dragons or Fairies for this battle since many Dragons are also Flying-types, so they resist Fighting. I was thinking of either Noivern since it's the fastest of Dragon-types, or go with a Trick Room team and slow mons like Drampa.

Spoiler

I will have fun facing Hardy in my Bug Monotype. Water weakened, fire type added to rock type attacks, no great ground type bugs exist...that won't be a walk in the park... 

Heyyyyy if its not to late to say this

Spoiler

For Harvey why not get a Grass mon like Venausaur,Roserade,Leafeon,Cradily,Tangrowth and the list goes on Im sort of confident about Harvey cause if wut Jess said is tru Then grass mons Could be Harveys weakness.....Or even fighting types......(I realized Jess said that Rock type moves would have Fire added on to them......But im still confident because rock type mons are usually Slow..............Waitttttttttt I wonder if we'll be fighting him in a double battle just like Radomus........Oh no He could have a Trick room Carbink on his team.......... Well screw me thinking this could be easy 

38 minutes ago, Gengar768 said:

Heyyyyy if its not to late to say this

Reveal hidden contents

For Harvey why not get a Grass mon like Venausaur,Roserade,Leafeon,Cradily,Tangrowth and the list goes on Im sort of confident about Harvey cause if wut Jess said is tru Then grass mons Could be Harveys weakness.....Or even fighting types......(I realized Jess said that Rock type moves would have Fire added on to them......But im still confident because rock type mons are usually Slow..............Waitttttttttt I wonder if we'll be fighting him in a double battle just like Radomus........Oh no He could have a Trick room Carbink on his team.......... Well screw me thinking this could be easy 

I don't think it's going to be "too late" any time soon.

Spoiler

Grass-types would indeed perform greatly, if not for a couple of issues. Keep in mind I'm just guessing and speculating.

1. They take super-effective damage from Rock-type moves, so something fast like Aerodactyl or Archeops will absolutely annihilate most Grass-types

2. The field severely weakens Grass-type moves, so unless you manage to change the field, you might find yourself doing too little damage

3. Even if you changed the field to, say, Grassy Terrain (to give your Grass-types the advantage), who is to say Hardy can't just burn it? Many Rock-type mons learn Fire-type special attacks like Fire Blast, Flamethrower or even Heat Wave

Rock-type don't learn as many Psychic-type moves, as well as their STAB being not very effective against Fighting are the main reasons I consider Fighting-types the better choice. When it comes to Ground-types, their weaknesses are partly mitigated too - only the weaknesses of their possible secondary typing can be exploited (Like Superpower on Krookodile, for example).

@Zargerth

Spoiler

Hmmmmmmm If we're Speculating Fields Right now I think we might Fight him in the Desert because whilst ur going though the desert dont u find a Pokemon looking arena? or Something I mean why would ame do dat if weren't for an important fight

Just now, Gengar768 said:

@Zargerth

Reveal hidden contents

Hmmmmmmm If we're Speculating Fields Right now I think we might Fight him in the Desert because whilst ur going though the desert dont u find a Pokemon looking arena? or Something I mean why would ame do dat if weren't for an important fight

Spoiler

You know what? That's actually an interesting idea. Even if the arena in the scrapyard is used when you battle Corin Rouge, that doesn't mean the battle against Hardy couldn't take place deeper in the desert.

I don't know how the desert field affects Grass-types, but at least Water-type moves are still weakened, and Fire-type moves are buffed. In addition, Electric-type moves are weakened too, so if Grass-type moves were also weakened, my original points still stand. However, at least you could use field-boosted Sand Tomb and Dig against Hardy - I don't see this particularly detrimental to him because of Flying-types and Levitate.

Perhaps it's not very likely that we battle Hardy in the desert, but it's a neat idea nonetheless.

Spoiler

Ooooo if u like that Idea wait till u here this one.... Ok so I know its a bit of a strech But u know Saphira I dont know if its confirmed or not but I think were going to fight her in the Orphanage(Or somone there) Either that or A dragon Cave or something

@Zargerth

Edited by Gengar768

1 minute ago, Gengar768 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Ooooo if u like that Idea wait till u here this one.... Ok so I know its a bit of a strech But u know Saphira I dont know if its confirmed or not but I think were going to fight her in the Orphanage(Or somone there) Either that or A dragon Cave or something

@Zargerth

Spoiler

I'm 99% sure it's going to be the Dragon's Den (the same field when you battle Reshiram/Zekrom) - the same field I assumed Hardy would use. Considering all the buffs it gives to Dragon-types as well, it makes no sense for Saphira not to battle there.

Now that you mentioned the orphanage, when do we actually get back in there? There's the gym room we never got to visit.

Spoiler

Thats why I was thinking Orphanage....I think some crazy thing is going to happen in that Gym room because wuts the point in making a room if u dont put any kind of Signifigence in it and I mean its not entirly impossible I mean we've been nearly everywhere on the map and plus the fact that doctor could take the kids captaive and hold them hostage and lure Saphira  into a trap (Kinda like Lin and how u had to fight DJ archlight and Victoria)

But You do have a point about Dragons den and the many many buffs.....But we still dont know whats in that room for all we know there could be a system that allows u to use any Field effect u want (Including dragons den)

@Zargerth

Edited by Gengar768

5 minutes ago, Gengar768 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Thats why I was thinking Orphanage....I think some crazy thing is going to happen in that Gym room because wuts the point in making a room if u dont put any kind of Signifigence in it and I mean its not entirly impossible I mean we've been nearly everywhere on the map and plus the fact that doctor could take the kids captaive and hold them hostage and lure Saphira  into a trap (Kinda like Lin and how u had to fight DJ archlight and Victoria)

But You do have a point about Dragons den and the many many buffs.....But we still dont know whats in that room for all we know there could be a system that allows u to use any Field effect u want (Including dragons den)

@Zargerth

Spoiler

Speaking of kids, the twins Anna and Noel are apparently missing (if you go back to Calcenon after defeating Titania and Amaria, Cain, Charlotte and Hardy are searching for them and mention how they just disappeared)

Spoiler

Hmmmmmm didint know that.....Possible Rematch/New battle?

*Gasp* The doctor!!

Why do I think That Anna Isnt crazy and acually has a Jirachi in her Possession hmmmmm "The wish Making pokemon* possibly in the hands of Lin  

Also I just looked at the desert Field Effect...It Activates Sand Force....Gigaliths Potential Ability......Wasn't Gigalith his main pokemon?

Edited by Gengar768

8 minutes ago, Gengar768 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Hmmmmmm didint know that.....Possible Rematch/New battle?

*Gasp* The doctor!!

Why do I think That Anna Isnt crazy and acually has a Jirachi in her Possession hmmmmm "The wish Making pokemon* possibly in the hands of Lin  

Spoiler

Don't forget Sirius. He seems to have allied with Sigmund. There's also the fact that while we have battled Solaris (and other Team Meteor admins and leaders excluding Lin) several times, there has only been one battle with Sirius.

Well, Noel is carrying a Clefairy doll (I think it's Clefairy?) and he has Clefable in his team, so there's a good chance Anna has an actual Jirachi.

Spoiler

Then if What u say is tru.......Then maybe thats why they vanished........Man could u just imagine wut Ame's gonna do with this story I mean this is way better than the actual main games

Also maybe Lin wants to do something with Jirachi.....And wish for arceus

@Zargerth

Edited by Gengar768