If you had illusion powers, would you anounce it?

FairFamily

Tonight I was taking as one of my favorite anime villains: Aizen Sosuke from bleach. 

maxresdefault.jpg

So thinking abbout all the mistakes he made, one obvious anime cliché comes to mind. He obviously anounced his power. Aizen possesses the sword Kyōka Suigetsu. Everyone who 'sees' Kyōka Suigetsu release falls under complete hypnosis. At that point Aizen can control an opponents senses, weaving extremely realistic illusions. Given the mastermind he is, he hid the true nature of Kyōka Suigetsu and made sure almost everyone saw his sword's release. And like most anime villains he explained how he his used this power in great detail. At first I thought this was a clear mistake. Thinking about it now, I think that there are clear advantages about it and maybe even one of his best moves. I might explain them later in a later post but now I want to know:

If you had illusion powers what would you do with them and would you anounce it to the world?

Just to clarify, the settings assumes people with other powers.

Also a final gift from me:

Spoiler

09e84b53fa98e0dd5444d62b54b06ae2.jpg

all according to keikaku.

I would not. my reasoning for this is a religious quote that, while I'm not religious myself, really got my gears turning: The devils best trick was making the world think he didn't exist. So by making people think I don't have this power, I'll be able to get the most use out of it. I also like to think that I would only use it for good or if there's no other way to get out of certain situations. but I'm no Jonathan Joestar, I can be corrupted

It is a bit obvious but I would actually reveal my illusion abilities at some point. Illusions serve to deceive and manipulate people. However illusions  are not only way to manipulate people. Words do hold that power as well. So if you are in a position where you can't use your illusions or your illusions won't be usefull then you can trade them in for words. 

You can reveal your illusionary powers to misdirect people's attention. A power like illusionism of that level is one you have to take note off. So people will focus their time trying to beat your illusions while in reality your planning something else. In other words your (usage of) illusionary powers is an illusion in itself. Also revealing your illusions allows from pretty fucked mind games/mind fucks.