[Spoilers] K

highonpotenuse

Spoiler

I'm guessing the excadrill. That fairy tale field is nonsense. At least other fields can be changed naturally. I ended up changing the field to a rainbow, just so I could set up one nasty plot with Mismagius. Then i swept every stupidly boosted mom on her team barring the aegislash

• Veterans
1 hour ago, highonpotenuse said:
  Hide contents

I just want to say i hate the fact that smart strike at 70 power, even with boosts, is one shotting pokemon that even resist it. This is gonna be a long haul to try and get all my playthroughs completed. Thanks Ame.

Spoiler

It's late game, it's a boss, at this point boosts have to get more and more brutal as the player's variety and access to countering options increases. Just learn how to adapt to it and it can be beaten.

Spoiler

I'm not sure exactly what effect do Magical Seeds actually have but I think on top of boosting attack it lets you survive with one hit. Her Excadrill is using that as a third on top of STAB and Field Boost so you could work with another set of that that you get from before. I did counter her with my own boosted excadrill lol

13 hours ago, kithas said:
  Hide contents

I'm not sure exactly what effect do Magical Seeds actually have but I think on top of boosting attack it lets you survive with one hit. Her Excadrill is using that as a third on top of STAB and Field Boost so you could work with another set of that that you get from before. I did counter her with my own boosted excadrill lol

Spoiler

I think that seed is what gives the pokemon a "Protect" move at the start of the game. It basically means you need a sacrificial pokemon just to break the protect, and it will die after that.

16 hours ago, highonpotenuse said:
  Hide contents

I just want to say i hate the fact that smart strike at 70 power, even with boosts, is one shotting pokemon that even resist it. This is gonna be a long haul to try and get all my playthroughs completed. Thanks Ame.

Spoiler

It's hitting that hard because Fairy Tale Field is wrongly applying the Queenly Majesty 50% damage boost to all attacks, which stacks with all other damage boosts. So your pokemon that could otherwise take a hit and get a kill or do something might just die. However, this being a bug means it will probably be fixed in public release

That said, you also get this damage boost so you can abuse it to get KOs with faster pokemon or, failing that, using Magical Seed yourself. Or use Misty Terrain or something to change the field.

• Veterans
8 minutes ago, Paperblade said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It's hitting that hard because Fairy Tale Field is wrongly applying the Queenly Majesty 50% damage boost to all attacks, which stacks with all other damage boosts. So your pokemon that could otherwise take a hit and get a kill or do something might just die. However, this being a bug means it will probably be fixed in public release

That said, you also get this damage boost so you can abuse it to get KOs with faster pokemon or, failing that, using Magical Seed yourself. Or use Misty Terrain or something to change the field.

Spoiler

Is that actually the case? I just checked in RMXP and it doesn't seem to be that way? Was this confirmed?

@highonpotenusei suggest that you teach a sacrifice pokemon trick room and give it a focus sash or a focus band(though sash is preferred).once you get to excadrill, use trick room and use a fighting move by a fighting type to knock him out easily.this is the method i used and very helpful.the others are easy if you have the right pokemon. i suggest that you use a blaziken. i can give you one if you want