What kind of mone do you like better in a nuzlocke?

Wolfox

Glass Cannon or Bulk without Offence?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. So, which one?

Nuzlockes are a big part of the Pokémon community. So much so that there are people who demand there being a Nuzlocke mode in the Switch game. So let's do a little social experiment, shall we? Which do you like better for a Nuzlocke? The Glass Cannons or the bulky mons that can't hit back?

Thats hard... Never did a nuzlocke. So I wont vote... But both are great and bad at the same time.

Glass canon - great attack but get easily OHKO (by moves they resist...)

Bulky - need to rely on status and passive damage but in the long run they are a beast... but in my opinion more dificult to use

But in the end if the oponent isnt great with dealing with walls they could be better off (but would always include a glass canon for cleaning up)

always bulk. glass cannons only really stand out when theyre extremely good in what they do cough cough staraptor cough, but pokemon with a decent amount of bulk can always be used with at least some success.

especially in harder games to nuzlocke you want bulk. if you planned out a certain strategy, and something goes wrong (trust me, this often happens), you will find yourself in a whole lot of trouble if you dont have a pokemon that can safely switch in.

another thing glass cannons have going for them, is that you only have to make one mistake to get them killed, no matter how trivial it is. you have to act very carefully when using these pokemon, while grinding and while battling.

so yes. bulk all the way.

Bulky mons all the way.

I've done quite a few nuzlockes in my time and I've found that the bulkier Pokemon tend to live longer, especially if you're doing a run on a harder game like Reborn.

But even so I usually tend have a glass cannon or two on the team, the faster ones are useful for knocking out the more dangerous opponents.

For the most part though I prefer a Pokemon that won't faint right away from an unlucky critical or a bad match-up.