Debug Mode?

Shithappens

Hello!

Monotype runs are my passion but I simply do not have the time to reset for natures/iv and ev train multiple teams.

With gen 7 pokemon many new monotypes are doable (I think) so my request is.

Would anyone be kind enough to make/share a script file that enables debug mode for Reborn episode 17?

Edit: This link has the edited scripts file that enables debug mode for pokemon and debug mode for the pause menu. Place this file in the data folder of reborn 17.

Edit: If this is against the rules in any way since episode 17 is not yet available for everyone let me know and I will take it down.

Edit: Updated link

6 minutes ago, Autumn-Rose said:

Someone is but they don't plan to update it until 2018

Plus it's a little rude to ask for a debug mode update for 17 when it just got released

Actually I made this topic right after I saw his update on PR Mod Menu.

And I just want to enjoy my favourite pokemon game the way I like it the most :)

6 hours ago, Shithappens said:

Actually I made this topic right after I saw his update on PR Mod Menu.

And I just want to enjoy my favourite pokemon game the way I like it the most :)

And how are you going to do that when the script file does not work for 17 yet

As @Autumn-Rose said , script can’t be changed right now so no matter someone put you a script file here it won’t work anyway. You should try a first run with random iv mons it’s the challenge , no point to have a full perfect iv mons whereas ep 17 has just been released. If you really need good iv mons i can give you at least 2 of them but no more tho 

2 hours ago, Zarc said:

As @Autumn-Rose said , script can’t be changed right now so no matter someone put you a script file here it won’t work anyway. You should try a first run with random iv mons it’s the challenge , no point to have a full perfect iv mons whereas ep 17 has just been released. If you really need good iv mons i can give you at least 2 of them but no more tho 

Im talking about monoruns here not my normal playthough of the game which I completed already.

For me monoruns are the challenge because without limiting your options this game becomes extremely easy to cheese through.

I get my enjoyment from managing to find a solution to the gym/boss battles with limited options and I prefer to have perfect pokemon and fail rather than wondering if 5 more IVs are the reason I fail.

4 hours ago, Autumn-Rose said:

And how are you going to do that when the script file does not work for 17 yet

I guess im not going to and I made this topic hoping to find someone who could make it work.

KisuoX said something like "you only need to edit one line of code" to enable debug so im looking for someone who knows how to do that.

I tried messing around for multiple hours with gemini but I simply do not know how.

Sorry for double post but quote refuses to work when editing posts.

1 hour ago, Shithappens said:

KisuoX said something like "you only need to edit one line of code" to enable debug

This will toggle debug mode on/off:

$DEBUG = !$DEBUG

If you only want the debug menu for mons, then imho it's better if you just change

if $DEBUG

to

if !$DEBUG

in the script PokemonParty (line 1909).

Edited by Waynolt

1 hour ago, Waynolt said:

If you only want the debug menu for mons, then imho it's better if you just change

if $DEBUG

to

if !$DEBUG

Thank you!

My monorun grind can finally continue :)

On a side note multiple versions of gemini caused error with spriteresizer and if someone is looking to do this I recommend using the sourceforge gemini-editor since it was the only one that worked for me.

8 hours ago, Shithappens said:

Thank you!

My monorun grind can finally continue :)

On a side note multiple versions of gemini caused error with spriteresizer and if someone is looking to do this I recommend using the sourceforge gemini-editor since it was the only one that worked for me.

What the what how I'm confused and what wait oh my god what WHAT 

Just now, Shithappens said:

What are you confused about?

This is so not what the other guy told me

Changing the script for me is what???

Just I mean well yeah sorry for like doubting you

So like .....yeah guess we don't need to wait

1 minute ago, Autumn-Rose said:

This is so not what the other guy told me

Changing the script for me is what???

Just I mean well yeah sorry for like doubting you

So like .....yeah guess we don't need to wait

I may have been a bit unprecise on what I was trying to achieve here.

It quite literally needed one ! to enable debug mode for pokemon and another ! to enable debug mode for items and other settings.

These changes are located at PokemonParty line 1909 (thank you Waynolt) and I found the other at PokemonPauseMenu line 143.

9 hours ago, Waynolt said:

This will toggle debug mode on/off:

$DEBUG = !$DEBUG

if $DEBUG

to

if !$DEBUG

As f9r this how would I edit the script

Just now, Shithappens said:

I may have been a bit unprecise on what I was trying to achieve here.

It quite literally needed one ! to enable debug mode for pokemon and another ! to enable debug mode for items and other settings.

These changes are located at PokemonParty line 1909 (thank you Waynolt) and I found the other at PokemonPauseMenu line 143.

But like what do you use to edit it

28 minutes ago, Autumn-Rose said:

But like what do you use to edit it

I mentioned it in my earlier post gemini-editor that I downloaded from sourceforge.

Atleast 3 other versions caused an error with SpriteResizer script when trying to launch reborn 17 with modified scripts file.

I will add a link to the edited scripts file in the original post.

Edited by Shithappens
added information