E17 New Stuff

J-Awesome_One

So I just got done beating the 1st gym in Episode 17 and I actually had trouble with the battle for the 1st time since I 1st started playing this amazing fanmade game. This topic is basically for me, as well as with anyone else that wants to share their thoughts, to talk about how they feel about the possible new looks of the wards/people, character team changes, changes to dialogue, etc. etc. But of course, we must do it in the spoiler box so people who don't want to be spoiled well... Won't be spoiled. Sooooo...

Spoiler

I was surprised to see Victoria change her starter to Litten. I'm curious to see as to what her new team could possibly be. I know Incineroar looks like a wrestler but it's also Dark Typing. So that's interesting. Another big team change surprise for me was with Fern. He no longer is just a pure Grass Type person. I mean he does change up his team but that happens later in the game. I was not expecting him to send out a Sandile and I'm surprised he now has a Rowlet instead of a Snivy. I'm not sure how I feel about that to be honest. I think Snivy fits him more than Rowlet along with its evolutions. It also feels weird he doesn't use just Grass Types now. I'm not mad or upset about it but it just feels weird. I'll prob get uses to it afater a while. Then Aster and Eclipse... Why get rid of Elekid and Magby for Rockruff? I mean I like Rockruff but why get rid of Elekid and Magby? I would have just given them Rockruff later in the story. Something tells me that they're gonna be Night and Day Forms but ehh. I'm not to keen on that change. If Elekid/Magby make a return, even in their evolved forms, later in the story, then I guess it's ok. And last but not least Julia. Wow. I knew she was getting a team change but I didn't think more than half her team would get changed. But, I will say this. Her new team deff fits her personality better. Gone are the Helioptile, Emolga, Blitzle and 1 of her Voltorbs and replaced with Plusle, Minun, A. Geodude and Oricorio Pom-Pom Style. And of course, she still has her other Voltorb and Electrode. Btw, for anyone else that's battled her, is her A. Geodude supposed to be always shiny? I rebottled her like 3 - 4 times and everytime her A. Geodude came out, it was shiny. Just curious to see if I was just that lucky or it's programmed to be like that.

• Global Mods
Just now, Slith265 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It isnt supposed that the ace pokemon of every leader is shiny now? i swear i read it somewhere.

Spoiler

her ace is electrode, and neither of the E17 leaders have a shiny, so pretty sure this is completely false

Spoiler

So indeed, it seems like Victoria's Pokémon Team is getting a change as well. The Ralts still stays there but now, her Makuhite is replaced with a Pichu. I'm not too sure how I feel about this. With Fern, I can deal with the Sandile and the Rowlet. But I'm not too sure how I feel about her having a Pichu. I'm not going to say obviously but I'm pretty sure she'll be getting an A. Raichu. Still kind of weird but I'm not mad about it. How do you all feel about her team? (Obsidia Ward)

Spoiler

Welp, now this form is making me want to do a 2nd play through. On the topic of Fern and Victoria's team changes, I kind of like the idea. I get that they are related to the fighting and grass gym leaders, but why would they stick to one type? Its just not logical. It makes more sense that now that they are challenging the league (I know Fern doesn't until you beat him a second time), and that they aren't gym leaders, they would have proper teams.

Spoiler

So I just got done with the Cain rematch at Lapis Ward. Let me talk about his team 1st. I'm not too sure how I feel about him swapping the Venonat for a Cubone. It kinda fits him but again, I'd rather this have happened around the time your around Radomus. (however you spell his name) I don't mind the switch from Oshawott to Popplio though. It suits him more. And I love the little change in dialogue with the whole "Popplio wanting to be Cain's Pokémon" scene. I like how Cain is accepting to it instead of trying to get rid of it at 1st. I don't think Cain would ever do that to a Pokémon. I also like the fact that instead of Popplio being jittery like Oshawott, it wants to battle us as a thank you of sorts to Cain. I really like that change.

Spoiler

So I have to say, I'm getting used to Fern's new team. It's still weird it's not a full Grass Mono Type Team right now but it's growing on me. Buuuuut Florinia's team... I'm not expecting every Gym Leader to get over half their team to get a change like Julia did. But come on. NONE of her Pokémon get a change? That's right. None of them. I would have been satisfied if they at least replaced Cottonee with Fomantis. I think that fits her more. And now onto Taka. His team change (which is just Lileep is replaced with Exeggcute) is alright. It's nothing too big. Lileep fitted him but so does Exeggcute. Although, I do like the fact that it seems like he's treating the PULSE Tangrowth as his ace instead of his Chatot. But I still have to say GOD DAMN THAT CHATTER! -.-But yea. That's all I have to say about all of that.

1 hour ago, Awesome_One said:
  Reveal hidden contents

So I have to say, I'm getting used to Fern's new team. It's still weird it's not a full Grass Mono Type Team right now but it's growing on me. Buuuuut Florinia's team... I'm not expecting every Gym Leader to get over half their team to get a change like Julia did. But come on. NONE of her Pokémon get a change? That's right. None of them. I would have been satisfied if they at least replaced Cottonee with Fomantis. I think that fits her more. And now onto Taka. His team change (which is just Lileep is replaced with Exeggcute) is alright. It's nothing too big. Lileep fitted him but so does Exeggcute. Although, I do like the fact that it seems like he's treating the PULSE Tangrowth as his ace instead of his Chatot. But I still have to say GOD DAMN THAT CHATTER! -.-But yea. That's all I have to say about all of that.

Spoiler

A lot of teams have changed a bit, even some simple grunts... But i havent encountered anything annoying / game changing. Like the espur event mon changed to mincinno without any egg moves (bullete seed or rock throw), so its not realy worth picking it up).

Off topic tho..

Spoiler

chatter rip...

in my new playthrough i kinda cheated by using Encore on him as it Always starts of with "nasty plot" when i bring in brionne.

Spoiler

So the double battle with Aster & Eclipse with ourselves and Victoria... It's ok. I'm sorta ok with their team. They now have Lunatone, Solrock, Day and Night Lycanrocs. I just still wish they had their original Electabuzz/Magmar. They could have at least given them Electabuzz/Magmar here instead of Solrock and Lunatone. And then onwards to Shelly and her team change. Which was just Wormadam switched for an Araquanid. And it surprisingly fits her pretty well. To me at least. It's deff a good coverage for Fire Type Pokémon.