Potential Guardians and Shinies

Filthy Casual

For those of you who have joined the club, welcome! For the first official post, we'll be showing off a couple of the shiny Guardians! First, let's introduce ourselves to shiny Guardian Gigalith!

qiXZaoM.png

For this one, I wanted to give it more of a "rustic" look, in order to give it more of a worn-down vibe.

As for our second one, I give you shiny Guardian Dedenne!

6gKxpXH.png

I don't want to give out too much away, but all I'll say is that it's shiny is quite similar to another legendary Pokemon's...

With that being said, what other Guardians do you want to see included in the game? What would be their typings, level up moves, etc.? Let us know down below!

Can we select ghost pokemon as well? If so, I would love to see a guardian Golurk. As I imagine it, it would be a rock and fighting pokemon.

if I get the concept right, the guardians are guarding something, right? If so, to me there is no more fitting pokemon to be a guardian than golurk!

A rock giant guarding something, whether it's a treasure or something else, is regularly seen in fairytales.

I hope it fits with the concept... Anyway, I am looking forward to see more about the guardians! You have done a good job till now on the sprites. Keep it up!

So if people want to request certain guardian Pokemon I'm going to give a brief run down of what you should put in your request. 

Guardians correspond to a legendary Pokemon or group of legendaries that redeemed a Pokemon who suffered due to the war. Guardians are all duo type that will often times have a pseudo 3rd primary typing in the form of attacks. (A Pokemon blessed by the bird trio will have ice, fire and electric attacks). They also live in a specific area usually a natural landmark or in a far corner of Telius (The Northern guardian lives in the northern most part of the map as an example and the forest guardian will reside in the biggest forest)

In short just give it affinity to a legendary or group of them, a typing and ability (can be the ability of a legendary as that Pokemon will be able to learn the signature moves of the Pokemon that blessed it.) Finally give it a location and some lore as to how it became a guardian. If we like the idea yours might make it into the game!

9 hours ago, groniack said:

Can we select ghost pokemon as well? If so, I would love to see a guardian Golurk. As I imagine it, it would be a rock and fighting pokemon.

You're welcome to select any non-legendary Pokemon you want. Just keep these things in mind:

1) Guardians correspond to legendary Pokemon, meaning their types are going to be similar (but not match up completely) to those legendaries

2) Guardians have slightly altered movesets, even if their stats are identical to their normal counterparts. For example, while a normal Gigalith would learn Stealth Rock, Guardian Gigalith learns Toxic Spikes instead.

3) The Guardians are more protectors of local Pokemon. They want to guard them from the humans who endangered their habitats during the war.

Still, that sounds like a fun idea! With that being said, what kinds of Guardians would you like to see in Pokemon Empire? We'd love to hear your suggestions!

6 minutes ago, Noctelis said:

I was thinking of a guardian version of Claydol, keeper of knowledge in an ancient ruin that got destroyed during the war.

He'd be rescued by Uxie who sought a kindred spirit and a protector in its quest for knowledge.

That's actually really cool! And a great concept. Everything you presented fits really well! I second that suggestion!

Definitely not one for every legendary. The original idea was every trio or duo would have one but that isn't concrete.  I don't want to spoil the number but there will be enough that you'll have to pick and choose which ones you want to use. 

Reason I thought of Claydol is because I instantly thought of the artifical/ancient/shamanic pokemon when I read about the Guardian Pokemon.

With ancient I don't mean fossil pokemon and with artificial I don't mean the modern kind like Electrode and Magnezone.

Edited by Noctelis

I've got another idea! How about solrock and lunatone being guardians? I think they fit well with the new legendaries, Solgaleo and Lunala.

I was thinking Solrock could be Steel and Fire while Lunatone Ghost and Flying.

abilities: Solrock-> Drought, Lunatone-> Shadow Shield

lore:

Solrock: During the war, its habitat was turned into a sea of searing flames. Solgaleo found it almost dead and blessed it. It enforced its broken parts with steel and breathed fire in it to help it live. From that point on, Solrock promised that it would fight fire with fire to protect other pokemon from the tragedy it once lived through.

Lunatone: Like Solrock, its habitat was destroyed. Lunatone itself was almost killed. While its spirit was leaving its body Lunala appeared. But it was too late... Body and spirit were completely separated. So Lunala turned it into a ghost to haunt its own body. Lunatone promised to return the favor by protecting all other pokemon. 

• 1 month later...

I have one idea here: 

How about G.Escavalier? It'll be Flying/Steel type(Rayquaza's blessings). It's pokedex entry says that it flies at high speeds but it can't learn Fly. Wow. Hence, the guardian one will be Flying type.

• It's ability will be Stance Change. Due to it's hard unbreakable will to protect its fellow pokemon friends from oppressing evil humans, it stood as the first line of defense and flew at high speeds and decimated the human army almost all by itself. In order to shield all the local pokemon from an incoming missile impact, it's lance evolved into a shield, with the blessings of the protector Rayquaza and the three regis. The new shield shined brightly and it used King Shield to block the missile impact and saved the environment.
  • It learns Superpower(an attack common to all regis) instead of Bug Buzz, Drill Run instead of X-Scissor, Acrobatics instead of Fell Stinger and Sky Attack instead of Megahorn as a level-up move. Megahorn now is a tutorable move only and X-Scissor is TM-only. King Shield will be present from Lvl 1 and not forgettable. Appears in defensive forme (defenses of 140) when encountered. Learns Fly by tutor and HM.
  • Also, its Sp.Atk and Speed stat will be interchanged. (20 is not high speed). Offensive forme possesses average defenses (base stat 70).
  • I know a flying-type escavalier is tough to imagine but give it a feathery or cottony armor instead of a steel one. The shield will be made of metal only.

• 4 weeks later...