E17 Gym (Spoiler)

Sceptilespy

Spoiler

So, maybe it's just my powerful team, but did anyone else make quick work of Titania and Amaria? I had Infernape with brick break for Titania to cover aurora veil, and I froze the field for Amaria and swept with +6 Clefable on Rotom. 

2 hours ago, Slicster said:

I think that might be because at this point of the game we've gotten our competitive ready pokemon,  items, TMs etc.

Spoiler

Yeah, I predicted this might become a problem. And at this point, we're just evenly matched, if not better then the leaders. At this point, they're relying on their fields to stand a chance. 

3 hours ago, Polaris said:
  Hide contents

I thought Titania was too difficult and Amaria was too easy, just my opinion.

Spoiler

i see how Titania can be difficult. That Scizor and Aegislash are deadly. Not to mention aurora veil. 

3 hours ago, NickCrash said:

There is a harder battle with doubles.

Spoiler

Honestly, I tried the doubles one so I could get a more satisfying ending. But as long as you freeze the field, all of her gimmicks, her speed, and her attack potency are gone. So you just run through it with a grass type. 

Spoiler

Titania wasn't too difficult, though I was suprised when Klefki was immune to fire, so that kinda messed me up a bit. As for Amaria, If you try and fight her in her own field, she will destroy you. But, I just used grassy terrain and obliterated her (It was the double battle). This was a good episode for a guy using a Sun Team XD

Spoiler

I found these gyms to be pretty easy as well. Based on my team comp Titania's Empoleon gave me some trouble, but with that out of the way my Charizard did the work. Amaria was a breeze, but I really liked her team. Amaria's team does a great job of covering her weaknesses and forces you to exploit secondary type weaknesses which I really enjoyed.

Spoiler

This is how my bout with Titania went down

I lead with Magnezone and made sure it had Sturdy and gave it the berry that ups special attack in a pinch

Alolan Sandslash went for EQ and then Discharge for OHKO, but then Magnezone falls to Hail

Next up: Choice Band Greninja with Waterfall

Which takes out Klefki, Mega Scizor, and Excadrill.

They should do something about Titania's constant switching.

The Empoleon was a bigger pain and after taking out three mons Greninja hit 86 and didn't listen.

That and it has no special defense so it falls.
Then I bring out the Golurk I spent all day grinding, it takes out the Empoleon with EQ.
Finally all that remains is the OP Aegislash.

I heal Golurk to waste its auto King's Shield and then Golurk falls

And then Maractus comes out and Sucker Punches for the OHKO

And that's how I beat Titania

Spoiler

I found Titania to be rather difficult , though that also comes from the fact that a large portion of my team is not really suitable for that fight (Blaziken, Donphan, Walrein, Roserade, Manectric, Gardevoir).  The battle came down a lot to me using Focus Sashes and Donphan's Sturdy to ensure I would survive long enough to take down a pokemon, even if I was going to be knocked out by hail the next turn.  The other portion was hoping for maximum luck, such as getting a max damage roll on Thunder to take down Klefki instantly or paralysis from discharge to keep Mega Scizor in check.

Amaria on the other hand was a breeze.  I decided for a more fun route of a double battle.  Let me tell you, as long as you have a grass type with giga drain and a decent special defense stat, you shouldn't worry.  The battle was quite honestly pathetic for me, and it made me feel terrible.  She was obviously not happy and I at least wanted to feel like I had to struggle against her for the win.

Spoiler

Amaria double battle is ridiculously easy - I reloaded and wanted to give it a try, beat her on the first try, when I actually wanted to scout her team. Titania might be a little bit too strong (this damned mole with his devilish seed...), had to bring my buffed Adamant Metagross to deal with her.

• 1 month later...

I first found her hard because of excadrill's shield stuff but then i realized to use substitude.

Here's how the fight went for me:

i led of with feraligatr to brick break the aurora veil and destroy Sandslash

then i let klefki KO feraligatr and then the fun starts

i went into venomoth set up +6 with quiver dance, used sub and full restored

the end xP

I personally really liked Titania ! I'm not an expert in any way and my pokemons aren't perfected at all, relying mostly on quick and heavy hits. First and second time I went in I got my whole team swept by that insanely fast sandslash ! And none of my pokemon could truly match hers. So I had to develop my strategy to kill each of her pokemon accordingly to how she brought them in a pattern. I used a freshly caught, completely untrained steelix to create a sandstorm and neutralize sandslash. I then brought my delphox for the first turn of escadrill, and change as soon for arcanine with magical seed, countering escadrill's own magical seed and killing him in one fare blitz. I rekt scizor in one hit with my delphox, and then came mother fucking klefki. If I remember well, I was lucky enough for my mismagius to kill him in two hits. Then I sent in leafeon with a magical seed, one turn protected to use sword dance, then dig to OHKO  empoleon and aegiglash (a bit of luck was needed here too to cause he went king guard before I hit him I was done). 
Long story short, it was the first time I spent so much time studying the effects of the field, and when I understood the power of the magical seeds...damn !
On the other hand, I beat Amaria quite pathetically. The field was hell, I didn't manage to freeze it. I beat her pokemon out of luck, and was left facing her lapras with my cradily, each one quite unable to truly hurt the other and I got her slowly (same thing had happen against adrienn, my sylveon winning painfully. When you're not well prepared and you win, it sometimes let quite a deceptive taste ahah

Spoiler

Titania for me was a nightmare. Her Sandslash killed all my Pokemons and I didn't even scratch it. I didn't know what Elemental Seeds were so I faced her without them. I had to use Sturdy Gigalith and a lot of Revival Herbs. I won but all my Pokemons were dead except Gigalith, which had only 1 point.

Amaria was really easy. She kept switching up which made me Nasty Plot Togekiss to the maximum and killed all her Pokemons with Air Slash.