would you go gay for gardevoir

Amethyst

i swear this is -just- a social experiment  

62 members have voted

1. 1. straight guys, would you marry a male gardevoir for 100k?

• Yes
    • No
    • im not a straight guy but yes anyway
    • im not a straight guy but no anyway

• Administrators

so earlier today i happened upon this topic asking if you would marry a yandere gardevoir for $1m. i hadn't seen it before somehow, and me mentioning it lead my friends and i into a new question

and this one is specifically for the straight guys in the room. ladies and lgbt folks, this would be too easy so let's sit this out (just kidding, that's what the second two options are for, but i'm particularly interested in that one demographic...)

the question is simple, boys:

would you marry a male gardevoir for $100k?

cheating and divorce are not an option. if you want an out, you gotta go Henry VIII style. but i personally won't forgive you for that. so really there's no escape.

what'll it be?

-- and if the answer is no, how much would it take to convince you?

Nope. Een with Gardevoir being my favorite mon I wouldn't.

also, @Amethyst would it maybe be an idea for the ladies to have to go lesbian for said Gardevoir as the guys would have to go Gay for it? you know, even things out a little.

Edited by Wolfox

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

also, @Amethyst would it maybe be an idea for the ladies to have to go lesbian for said Gardevoir as the guys would have to go Gay for it? you know, even things out a little.

i thought about it but two factors -- firstly it's not quite the same question since even male gardevoir is still feminine. for a real equivalent i'd want to think of a pokemon that is stereotypically attractive to women, and then question the female version of that pokemon. i'm not sure what that would be though. someone elsewhere on the internet made a comparison to female machamp but i don't really think machamp is usually considered attractive even if it is quite masculine.
the second factor is that even straight girls are in general much less afraid of being seen as gay because there's less social pressure around that kind of thing when it's girls as opposed to guys.
so not as worth imo

I loooooooooooooooove gardevoirs!!! They are so awesome, graceful, powerful. Even tho, I selected no as the answer, I guess I myself wouldn't know whether it is a male or a female because both are awesome and wow to look at

11 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

i thought about it but two factors -- firstly it's not quite the same question since even male gardevoir is still feminine. for a real equivalent i'd want to think of a pokemon that is stereotypically attractive to women, and then question the female version of that pokemon. i'm not sure what that would be though. someone elsewhere on the internet made a comparison to female machamp but i don't really think machamp is usually considered attractive even if it is quite masculine.
the second factor is that even straight girls are in general much less afraid of being seen as gay because there's less social pressure around that kind of thing when it's girls as opposed to guys.
so not as worth imo

while you're at it, make a ditto option for non-binary people. personally, i'd like solrock as an option since i identify as a red sun (jokes ofc, but if you answered yes for the original option, you gay af)

• Administrators

put like that-- gay af-- it sounds pretty rude but just because we're talking about sexuality here doesn't mean that it's intended to be from a point of criticism. quite the opposite. respect is a pillar of this community, and it's even more necessary in a topic like this.

sexuality is never black or white-- it is always a spectrum. even someone who identifies as straight can be attracted to their own gender sometimes and that doesn't mean they're not straight.

even then, this isn't about attraction. it's about cashmoney gainz.

so let's be kind. ^^

17 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

put like that-- gay af-- it sounds pretty rude but just because we're talking about sexuality here doesn't mean that it's intended to be from a point of criticism. quite the opposite. respect is a pillar of this community, and it's even more necessary in a topic like this.

sexuality is never black or white-- it is always a spectrum. even someone who identifies as straight can be attracted to their own gender sometimes and that doesn't mean they're not straight.

even then, this isn't about attraction. it's about cashmoney gainz.

so let's be kind. ^^

lol it was rude yeah. but how can a straight person be attracted to a male. if so then you're probably not straight. maybe bi. 

2 minutes ago, Sceptilespy said:

lol it was rude yeah. but how can a straight person be attracted to a male. if so then you're probably not straight. maybe bi. 

I think because sexuality is, as ame said, not a case of black and white.

• Administrators

*looks at forum title
looks at zarc*
oh. um. hi.

@ sceptile, like I explained, sexuality is never cut and dry. if a person is attracted to 99 females and 1 male in their life that doesn't mean they're not straight... and no matter what numbers we choose there it's nobody's place but the individual themselves to say what they identify as. this is especially true when we recognize that genders themselves are not cut and dry. even then, i would probably not be alone if i were to argue that a guy liking female machamp, to reuse my earlier counterpoint, is "less gay" that a guy liking male gardevoir, since machamp is very  masculine and gardevoir is very feminine.

in the end, there's no right answer. so as a tenet of respect, i ask you to not tell anybody else what they can or cannot identify as.

that said, this kind of discussion is not the purpose of this topic and if you wish to continue it, i invite you to message me or make a new topic in the appropriate forum.

Spoiler

And to me it would. A relationship with gardevoir is a huge commitment, all things considering. You are havinga relation with a pokemon after all. So not only do you have to deal with social stigma but also comminication barriers as well. Gardevoir doesn't speak human language not even telepathically (based on dex entries).  Gardevoir is however good at reading emotions so what you have is a huge communication problem. So as the human in this relationship you need to spend a lot of time trying to learn to understand your partner at a basic level. On top of that a relationship with a pokemon is completely different to a relatonship with a human and needs to be explored slowly. I feel that perverted quickly could easily ruin this relationship quickly. So marrying a male is maybe better because you keep that out of your relationship (for a while). You could argue that you can keep it out with willpower but Gardevoir will know (reading emotions) and we all know Gardevoir is very devoted. That doesn't mean there isn't room for intimicity. It is the embrace pokemon after all and I feel a hug/embrace is an easier step to set.

So would I do it? The mind right now says yes, having a devoted partner for life which looks physically pleasing is certainly not a bad deal for a blind marriage. Unfortuantely real life is not that easy.

"not interested" is "not interested." No matter how much you give me, I'll still not be interested in a relationship between me and a male Gardevoir.

In hindsight you could coerce me to do so if you are horrible enough, so there's that I guess?