Titania's Mega

HakuryuYukio

So with E17 right around the corner, and it's Name, i think it's save to say that we are going to battle Titania. Which Mega do you think, she will use ?

It probably won't be Mega-Mawile because Adrienn already used it.

Mega-Steelix and Mega-Aggron at this Stage would be to easy to handle (or maybe not ?)

Mega-Scizor for me is out of the question, because of the 4x Fire Weakness.

My guess, she will either use Mega-Lucario or Mega-Metagross.

What do you guys think ?

16 minutes ago, HakuryuYukio said:

Mega-Scizor for me is out of the question, because of the 4x Fire Weakness.

I'll play devil's advocate here and say that her mega (as well as her ace) is Mega Scizor. The reason for this is because that was her ace during the online league. In addition, my prediction is that the field will become another fairy tale field. This means that fire type attacks would become dragon type, negating that crippling weakness.

3 minutes ago, Filthy Casual said:

I'll play devil's advocate here and say that her mega (as well as her ace) is Mega Scizor. The reason for this is because that was her ace during the online league. In addition, my prediction is that the field will become another fairy tale field. This means that fire type attacks would become dragon type, negating that crippling weakness.

Didn't think about that. Maybe a Prankster Klefki with Misty Terrain ?

7 minutes ago, Sceptilespy said:

How do I find out about the leaders in the online league, since it seems reborn was based off of them.

While I don't know where you can find about all of the leaders in particular, there's a thread where they go into a bit of detail (including Sigmund's real life horrific acts). You can find it here:

Edited by Filthy Casual

It is 99.9% going to be Mega Scizor.

1) It was her ace in the original Reborn League.

2) The field doubles Swords Dance gains and Steel damage. What this means is that, after a single Swords Dance, you have to deal with effectively +5 Attack Bullet Punches (The extra +1 is due to the field boosting Steel by 1.5x)

3) Fire gets Dragon typing, which Steel resists. Thus, it's lone 4x Fire weakness is nerfed to a 2x Fire weakness which, combined with Mega Scizor's already high bulk...yeah.

I will legitimately and genuinely be surprised if her Mega turns out to not be Mega Scizor.

I'm 100% sure It's scizor, and here's why:

The points Anstane named

14 minutes ago, Anstane said:

It is 99.9% going to be Mega Scizor.

1) It was her ace in the original Reborn League.

2) The field doubles Swords Dance gains and Steel damage. What this means is that, after a single Swords Dance, you have to deal with effectively +5 Attack Bullet Punches (The extra +1 is due to the field boosting Steel by 1.5x)

3) Fire gets Dragon typing, which Steel resists. Thus, it's lone 4x Fire weakness is nerfed to a 2x Fire weakness which, combined with Mega Scizor's already high bulk...yeah.

I will legitimately and genuinely be surprised if her Mega turns out to not be Mega Scizor.

And to that I will add that, even when mega Metagross was legal, steel type mono's used Mega Scizor about 90% of the time. It's the best fairy hunter in the game, BULLET PUNCH, Uturn, sd, roost, bug bite. the list of shit that thing can do on its own is enough to justify me being sure it's gonna be Scizor. Plus the fact that of all Steel type mega's Scizor is the one that's the most offense based, and Titania doesn't seem like a defense player

To add to the Mega Scizor argument: Titania has Mega Scizor's colors and its knight-like looks fits her sprite a lot (she has armor on her left arm). My only question is if it's gonna be her Ace, or is it gonna be Aegislash?

4 hours ago, Wolfox said:

I'm 100% sure It's scizor, and here's why:

The points Anstane named

And to that I will add that, even when mega Metagross was legal, steel type mono's used Mega Scizor about 90% of the time. It's the best fairy hunter in the game, BULLET PUNCH, Uturn, sd, roost, bug bite. the list of shit that thing can do on its own is enough to justify me being sure it's gonna be Scizor. Plus the fact that of all Steel type mega's Scizor is the one that's the most offense based, and Titania doesn't seem like a defense player

100% sure mega scizor isn't more offensive then mega metagross. Besides, steel doesn't need to hunt fairy. Mega metagross actually covers steels weaknesses. Scizor just adds on to it. Besides, let's not act like Scizor's 4x weakness to fire turning into a 2x weakness makes it that much better. It's still super effective, and it still might die. 

44 minutes ago, Sceptilespy said:

Besides, let's not act like Scizor's 4x weakness to fire turning into a 2x weakness makes it that much better. It's still super effective, and it still might die.

Considering that Scizor's only weakness is now only a 2x weakness, I'd personally consider that a good buff. Add in an awesome 140 defense and respectable enough 100 special defense, and you have quite the fearsome foe on your hands.

Edited by Filthy Casual

3 hours ago, Filthy Casual said:

Considering that Scizor's only weakness is now only a 2x weakness, I'd personally consider that a good buff. Add in an awesome 140 defense and respectable enough 100 special defense, and you have quite the fearsome foe on your hands.

The only real effect that has is letting non stab fire attacks not kill it. Which would be good if everyone in their right mind didn't have a reflex fire type for scizor.