Vs Amaria

Dream

In the next episode, in addition to the fight with Titania, there is a certain likelihood of dealing with Amaria. Thinking about the conditions of the battle I am a bit scared: the Water Surface has properties that greatly facilitate the clash for the gym leader.
Activation of Swift Swim and the speed drop of not Water type or not airborne Pokemon make Kingdra (which we have already seen in Amaria's team) and Swampert (probably mega in my opinion) unstoppable machines. Both have a 95 special attack, with access to a Surf stab, enhanced as a single move and from the natural effect of the field on the Water moves, so the basic power of the move reaches 90 × 1.5 × 1.5 × 1.5 = 303, and if Amaria places the rain without the field being eliminated we come to a power of 455. In addition, in this episode, z moves will be introduced, and if they receive the same multiplier of the basic move (but this is only one of my hypotheses) Kingdra surf-based Hydro Vortex would come up to a power of 175 × 1.5 × 1.5 × 1.5 = 590, and would reach 885 in case of rain.
If the fight is double (plausible in my opinion), the perfect companion for Kingdra and Swampert would be Lapras (the other Amaria's Pokemon seen so far), an excellent Wall with access to many useful moves, with the ability Water Absorb, that allow it to cure 25% of ps instead of taking surf damage (double target on us). Add to this the possibility that Lapras have Leftovers and the cure provided at the end of the turn from Water Absorb, here is a mountain almost unbeatable.
Similar speech can be made with Vaporeon and Lanturn, who have acces to Water Absorb and Aqua Ring, that in the Water Surface cure of 1/8 ps instead of 1/16. Vaporeon then has a special attack of 110, nevertheless the presence of other Pokemon that already play a similar role could exclude Vaporeon from the team.
Lanturn, on the other hand, would be the perfect companion for Swampert, who with his Earth type is immune to Discharge, which instead to us can do quite badly: it passes from a base power of 80 to one of 120. Double target. Lanturn could also have Volt Absorb, so it can be a perfect switch on our electric moves. In my case, too, since I often use Ampharos Electric Terrein to get rid of uncomfortable fields, Lanturn could become quite annoying.
Mega Swampert would then be an insurmountable physical sweeper, with a 150 base attack and Dive (one turn in the Water Surface) with a power of 80 × 1.5 × 1.5 × 1.5 = 270 that can reach 405 under rain.
Dive will be Amaria's weapon to change the field from the Water Surface to the Underwater Field (where Lanturn Discharge multiplier ranges from 1.5 to 2 and the speed of the opponents is reduced to one quarter instead of being halved) or vice versa. Of course Amaria would lose rain advantage in this case, but it certainly would not be a harm to her, even considering that our Water Pokemon would lose resistance to her type. And if by chance your tactics understand somehow the use of Pokemon weak at Water for this clash, I remind you that in the Underwater Field these will receive damage every turn.
Of course talks about rain are not random: my opinion is that Amaria might have a Politoed to set rain, not only to boost her pokemon, but to provide them with a minimum of protection if we could get rid of her field.
If Vaporeon is actually excluded from Amaria's team remains a free place.
To occupy it could be a Dragon slayer, especially against Goodra that with Hydration could give her some trouble.
I obviously think of Primarina, which seems to me very much in line with Amaria's character and that have Torrent, always active in the mentioned fields, or at Azumaril, who with Huge Power would hit Goodra in its weakness, that is defense.
There remains a move that in the mentioned fields becomes extremely dangerous: Whirlpool. With a base power of 35 × 1.5 × 1.5 × 1.5 = 118, which becomes 177 under Rain, a damage per turn ranging from 1/8 to 1/6 and certainty of confusion, this move is likely to become another nightmare.

Sems to me that I have considered all the most important variables, so there is a spontaneous question: how do you think to beat Amaria?

You have quite a solid point, that's scary. Id say straight up changing the terrain is your best shot at beating her. Blizzard/Glaciate transforms the field into an icy terrain, which CAN be a double edged sword since Amaria is packing Lapras which has a terrain boosted ice beam, and all ice moves have a double chance to freeze, but its better than being hit with a base 885 power attack, lmao. Depending on your team, that could be a pretty solid solution.

I don't know if we'll be fighting Titania and Amaria in e17, as far as I'm aware each episode lets you battle one gym leader, the reason we're approaching episode 17 and not 15 is that two of the gym leaders died and we didn't get their badges. If we do get two gym battles then that would mean e18 would be either the last episode or the last one with gym leaders before having a final episode just for the end of the meteor arc/ e4 and champion. But seeing as if it went by one gym leader, knowing no other gym leaders will be killed off, we'd have an even 20 episodes (again barring a special "final" episode), I feel it's more likely we won't fight Amaria (unless Ame just really wants to get this game finished fast so she can finally move on).

12 minutes ago, AsNKrysis said:

I'll defeat her just like I've done with Radomus and Serra.

By spamming a single move.

which? it would be convenient to know lol

9 minutes ago, ChefBoyFTW said:

You have quite a solid point, that's scary. Id say straight up changing the terrain is your best shot at beating her. Blizzard/Glaciate transforms the field into an icy terrain, which CAN be a double edged sword since Amaria is packing Lapras which has a terrain boosted ice beam, and all ice moves have a double chance to freeze, but its better than being hit with a base 885 power attack, lmao. Depending on your team, that could be a pretty solid solution.

I had thought about it but it might be a bit complicated considering I could not have time: any of her Pokemon with Swift Swim could drop down my pokemon before it could act, and if I did, I would have to waste a turn using a move not very effective to do so. Also, as you say, Lapras would become a nightmare.

18 minutes ago, Filthy Casual said:

I'd be more scared of Amaria if I didn't have Magnezone or Leavanny on my team to help clutch things out. Having said that, her Lapras will be SCARY

I understand what you mean, but consider that Mega Swampert can overcome them both in speed and hit them with supereffective moves like earthquake and ice punch

I can't really say much about how I'd deal with her, since I'd probably change or conceive tactics after I got a feel of her team, but Magnezone is most likely a great 

mitigator to some of her difficulty and mine is being trained sporadically just in case. Another option is trying to change the field to your favor, A-Ninetales can be a sweet team mate too, since it gets blizzard as vulpix, nasty plot by relearner and freeze dry by breeding, if we get Aurora Veil, it's very likely to be a huge help.

One thing I can say for sure, however, is that op's post made me hype even harder about Amaria's battle, which is the match I've been anticipating the most 

after Sapphira's, since monowater rain teams can be hell to beat, even more with those busted field effects.

13 minutes ago, pokemastercj1 said:

I don't know if we'll be fighting Titania and Amaria in e17, as far as I'm aware each episode lets you battle one gym leader, the reason we're approaching episode 17 and not 15 is that two of the gym leaders died and we didn't get their badges. If we do get two gym battles then that would mean e18 would be either the last episode or the last one with gym leaders before having a final episode just for the end of the meteor arc/ e4 and champion. But seeing as if it went by one gym leader, knowing no other gym leaders will be killed off, we'd have an even 20 episodes (again barring a special "final" episode), I feel it's more likely we won't fight Amaria (unless Ame just really wants to get this game finished fast so she can finally move on).

there is actually a reason behind my idea: knowing that episodes should be 19 we could have two gym leader per episode in the 17th and 18th, and have league and post game in 19th

7 minutes ago, Gh0stStark said:

I can't really say much about how I'd deal with her, since I'd probably change or conceive tactics after I got a feel of her team, but Magnezone is most likely a great 

mitigator to some of her difficulty and mine is being trained sporadically just in case. Another option is trying to change the field to your favor, A-Ninetales can be a sweet team mate too, since it gets blizzard as vulpix, nasty plot by relearner and freeze dry by breeding, if we get Aurora Veil, it's very likely to be a huge help.

One thing I can say for sure, however, is that op's post made me hype even harder about Amaria's battle, which is the match I've been anticipating the most 

after Sapphira's, since monowater rain teams can be hell to beat, even more with those busted field effects.

as i have already written Magnezone is a possibility but if the team will be what i think Amaria will have a perfect weapon to stop it. About A Ninetales I think Kingdra will almost certainly have Flash Cannon to protect himself from Fairy, and A Ninetales is doubly weak

I don't know if you all know this but during season 2 of the league, Amaria was the reigning champion so it's very possible that she's the last leader we'd even face before going to the E4 which does make sense because she is the wild card. Hardy also oddly enough did hit champion block, but this was after the main overall storyline was planned for Reborn.

7 minutes ago, Dream said:

there is actually a reason behind my idea: knowing that episodes should be 19 we could have two gym leader per episode in the 17th and 18th, and have league and post game in 19th

as i have already written Magnezone is a possibility but if the team will be what i think Amaria will have a perfect weapon to stop it. About A Ninetales I think Kingdra will almost certainly have Flash Cannon to protect himself from Fairy, and A Ninetales is doubly weak

Those two scenarios are more than likely to happen, but with prediction, we could always play around them, like thunder waving Kingdra first, taking away it's swift swim and ensuring ninetales better chances at dealing with it. Freeze dry is the deadliest bane to two of the most fearsome mons she can have: Swampert and Kingdra. 

Freezing the water surface really seems like it will be a very effective aid towards her defeat.

Just use a Lapras with Freeze-Dry, Water Absorb, max EVs in HP and Special Attack (or one of its defenses), and give it either Leftovers or Assault Vest. Done. It may not be able to beat her entire team, but it can probably severely cripple her. You could also try Ferrothorn (yes, she can run something with Flamethrower like Slowbro or Octillery, but her Field Effect mitigates Fire attacks, so there's that).

41 minutes ago, Gh0stStark said:

Those two scenarios are more than likely to happen, but with prediction, we could always play around them, like thunder waving Kingdra first, taking away it's swift swim and ensuring ninetales better chances at dealing with it. Freeze dry is the deadliest bane to two of the most fearsome mons she can have: Swampert and Kingdra. 

Freezing the water surface really seems like it will be a very effective aid towards her defeat.

the problem is that paralyzing becomes useless if the speed of my pokemon is

already halved or worse reduced to a quarter. but freeze dry seems to be a great solution, just have to figure out how to play it

1 hour ago, Commander said:

I don't know if you all know this but during season 2 of the league, Amaria was the reigning champion so it's very possible that she's the last leader we'd even face before going to the E4 which does make sense because she is the wild card. Hardy also oddly enough did hit champion block, but this was after the main overall storyline was planned for Reborn.

I did not know, but I always thought about Saphira as the last gym leader.

I do not know why, it's a feeling I've stayed

35 minutes ago, AsNKrysis said:

I'll probably spam Leaf Storm from a Contrary Serperior with Modest and Choice Scarf. That should do the trick.

there is a risk that with the halved speed Serperior can not attack more than once, but if you can the only remaning problem is Lapras

38 minutes ago, Sceptilespy said:

Amaria is probably the last leader we face before Saphira. Even when she had amnesia, she still 6-0d an interviewer without her field. Honestly, with her fields, just about anything could make her scary.

I hope no, the alternative would be Hardy but I'm not really excited about the fight with him

36 minutes ago, iDunno said:

Just use a Lapras with Freeze-Dry, Water Absorb, max EVs in HP and Special Attack (or one of its defenses), and give it either Leftovers or Assault Vest. Done. It may not be able to beat her entire team, but it can probably severely cripple her. You could also try Ferrothorn (yes, she can run something with Flamethrower like Slowbro or Octillery, but her Field Effect mitigates Fire attacks, so there's that).

It seems a good idea, apart from the fact that both suffer a lot from Swampert Hammer Harm

ezpz. breed 6 aggrons with sturdy and metal burst. just let them hit you to one and then reflect it right back at 'em. I mean thats just one way. the glory of being this far into the game is that we have a LOT of tools in our belt, and so she might be a pain but if push comes to shove you have access to ALMOST every non legendary along with 

the daycare and IV breeding items. We will be fine ;)

Well my defensive team isn't as hindred and will rely on gastrodon mostly it will not stop freeze-dry but by then I should have +3 in defenses. If it is doubles then gastrodon will be supported by loppuny and delphox.

My offensive team however is crippled. The plan is to use choice specs greninja to soften the team. With protean greninja will keep its speed and still deal super effective damage for one turn. It will be a hit and run tactic. Still it just serves to pave the road for gardevoir. Trace into water absorb and calm mind to victory.

Choice Scarf will help with Serperior greatly. It's already speedy enough as it is so I don't expect any of her Pokemon to outspeed it (unless she has Greninja or Floatzel which are the only 2 Pokemon with a faster base speed than Seperior). Plus, Serperior should have high enough special attack to one-shot Lapras by the time it comes out since Contrary Leaf Storm raises it's Special Attack by 2 stages every single time. Unless it comes out right after I take out her 1st Pokemon, then I'd have to probably switch to my Lucario.

42 minutes ago, FairFamily said:

Well my defensive team isn't as hindred and will rely on gastrodon mostly it will not stop freeze-dry but by then I should have +3 in defenses. If it is doubles then gastrodon will be supported by loppuny and delphox.

Just pointing out that if the field goes underwater, Gastrodon will be weak to water, so be sure to have Storm Drain on it or try to keep it from going underwater. I also think this is an interesting point for her Swampert, if she has one. If it uses Dive, as has been suggested, it will be setting itself up for some hurt from water attacks.

41 minutes ago, Whitelight said:

ezpz. breed 6 aggrons with sturdy and metal burst. just let them hit you to one and then reflect it right back at 'em. I mean thats just one way. the glory of being this far into the game is that we have a LOT of tools in our belt, and so she might be a pain but if push comes to shove you have access to ALMOST every non legendary along with 

the daycare and IV breeding items. We will be fine ;)

I do not like the idea of playing a team made of a single Pokémon, although I imagine it would be very effective

32 minutes ago, FairFamily said:

My offensive team however is crippled. The plan is to use choice specs greninja to soften the team. With protean greninja will keep its speed and still deal super effective damage for one turn. It will be a hit and run tactic. Still it just serves to pave the road for gardevoir. Trace into water absorb and calm mind to victory.

I really like the Gardevoir idea: eliminated Kingdra and Mega Swampert no one should be able to stop her, but be careful to bring Delphox, could be swallowed in the Underwater Field ;)

33 minutes ago, AsNKrysis said:

Choice Scarf will help with Serperior greatly. It's already speedy enough as it is so I don't expect any of her Pokemon to outspeed it (unless she has Greninja or Floatzel which are the only 2 Pokemon with a faster base speed than Seperior). Plus, Serperior should have high enough special attack to one-shot Lapras by the time it comes out since Contrary Leaf Storm raises it's Special Attack by 2 stages every single time. Unless it comes out right after I take out her 1st Pokemon, then I'd have to probably switch to my Lucario.

under normal circumstances it would be so, but if you do not first remove the field, unless I am wrong with calculations, Serperior should always be second to attack even with the Choise Scarf if the opponents have Swift Swim

22 minutes ago, GS BALL said:

Not long ago, Amethyst wrote a daily message in dev blog about episodes being 19. Also, first thing i asked when i got here, was the number of episodes. Old timers round these parts, said exactly the same thing, back then. It is safe to assume we get two leaders per episode remaining... Next episode Scyther and Pseudos, final legends mythicals ultras and final content. I hope, at least. Amethyst was a prankster once or twice, before...

Ame like Klefki :')

seriously, now I am a little frightened at the idea that episodes might increase

• Veterans

You can probably 6-0 Amaria with Excadrill. Sludge Wave Cradily/Gastrodon to turn the field into Murkwater and then clean sweep. Water moves turn part poison and guess who's immune and can set up swords dances for easy sweeps.

11 minutes ago, Azeria said:

You can probably 6-0 Amaria with Excadrill. Sludge Wave Cradily/Gastrodon to turn the field into Murkwater and then clean sweep. Water moves turn part poison and guess who's immune and can set up swords dances for easy sweeps.

can you not

• Veterans
1 minute ago, gkhmpg said:

can you not

?_?

It's a strategy that seems to work incredibly well on paper, considering both the AI and the capabilities of those Pokemon, hence the probably. I don't know if it'll actually work seeing as the AI got updated a lot in E17 from my experience, nor might it even occur this episode seeing as Amaria might not even be in this one, considering as Commander said, she was S2's champion.

3 minutes ago, Azeria said:

?_?

It's a strategy that seems to work incredibly well on paper, considering both the AI and the capabilities of those Pokemon, hence the probably. I don't know if it'll actually work seeing as the AI got updated a lot in E17 from my experience, nor might it even occur this episode seeing as Amaria might not even be in this one, considering as Commander said, she was S2's champion.

Sorry. Because I didn't know a wee bit about the Murkwater stuff until you said it, and was about to calm mind Musharna for the 1124th time. Now I have the urge to try out that strategy you said

Edited by gkhmpg