Is Reborn Hardcore really HARDCORE?

Arnab Fouzder

I kinda like how the party system and everything else goes on in Reborn Hardcore, especially the fact that most trainers are using evolved pokemon in the game, such as facing Haxorus in 7th street where we had to face an axew in the normal version. However, this "Alternate" team is something that I'm not getting. Firstly, I like the Mega Evolution part, but I don't get which team is actually powerful. for instance, I honestly wanted a challenge against Radomus and Serra, but their singles team in hardcore was a pushover. In the normal version, I lost to them at least 6 to 7 times. Then again, I destroyed Shelly in the normal version, but it took me like, 3 to 4 times to beat Shelly in hardcore. I cant honestly understand the difference.

First, thank you for playing the mod. Secondly, the issue with the term hardcore is that I took over the project with a different vision in which I actually debated changing the name to Veteran mode but simply kept the name to avoid confusion. As for the bosses themselves, they are always a work in progress because rarely do I hit the difficulty just right on first attempts. It also can be based on your team as I've actually had every single gym leader range from one of the hardest to one of the easiest except for Serra and Luna. Each release I tend to focus on a leader to try and buff and/or change them to improve them.

I do appreciate the feedback, but I can't promise every fight will be super hard or intense for every, but I do try my best. With the new systems in place though, evening out the difficulty won't be as much of a problem as it was on top of the fact I decided to break some rules. There's something I could say in addition but that would be an E17 spoiler.

Tis a shame Hardcore is being discontinued though...

Makes you wonder why I still acknowledge and take feedback...

I guess I'm just a really nice guy ^_^

3 minutes ago, Commander said:

First, thank you for playing the mod. Secondly, the issue with the term hardcore is that I took over the project with a different vision in which I actually debated changing the name to Veteran mode but simply kept the name to avoid confusion. As for the bosses themselves, they are always a work in progress because rarely do I hit the difficulty just right on first attempts. It also can be based on your team as I've actually had every single gym leader range from one of the hardest to one of the easiest except for Serra and Luna. Each release I tend to focus on a leader to try and buff and/or change them to improve them.

I do appreciate the feedback, but I can't promise every fight will be super hard or intense for every, but I do try my best. With the new systems in place though, evening out the difficulty won't be as much of a problem as it was on top of the fact I decided to break some rules. There's something I could say in addition but that would be an E17 spoiler.

Tis a shame Hardcore is being discontinued though...

Makes you wonder why I still acknowledge and take feedback...

I guess I'm just a really nice guy ^_^

Ah. I see how it worked there. But it saddens me to know that hardcore is being discontinued. Great development. 

Yeah , very great development. I'm a bit worried cause it's my main game now ( where i keep everything to breed/trade etc ) and once ep 17 will came... no more Zarc i guess :/ ( please remember me )

I entirely respect your choice , choice i regret of course :) but i cannot go against your wishes

Concerning the post , just play it ( as you said it's a wonderfull mod )  but i can assure you one thing : you're going to rage a lot :D , cause yeah , really challenging imo.

Edited by Zarc

1 minute ago, Zarc said:

Yeah , very great development. I'm a bit worried cause it's my main game now ( where i keep everything to breed/trade etc ) and once ep 17 will came... 

I entirely respect your choice , choice i regret of course :) but i cannot 

Concerning the post , just play it but i can assure you one thing : you're going to rage a lot :D 

Well that doesn't sound satisfying, but what the heck, the best prize in this game might turn out to be a surprise for a change! :D 

@Zarc I think I was a little too subtle there which makes me laugh due to one of your responses. I know there's the whole Pokemon Extreme mode but I doubt it could replace Hardcore due to being a different idea in design. I mean once the final episode hits around (and yes I'll still be around), I'd at least port everything over to the final version so that people can still play with everything so you don't have to worry about that.

@Zarc when trade will be accessed, a pop up might come saying, " U have got unreleased pokemon ", but trading will be possible. thanks to the Randomizer, I got an Aegislash. its a valid pokemon in Hardcore, but it gives me that pop up when I have it in my party in the normal version after I transferred it from hardcore version. 

Edited by Arnab Fouzder

@Arnab Fouzder Hardcore runs on the Reborn Trade System so you could trade to ANY reborn user which is why the ban list is the same despite something being available. Think of it as a safety to prevent an unfair advantage. The thing is that it has to be the latest version to work (which only the CoM version is) otherwise it'd get an error.

1 minute ago, Zarc said:

@Arnab Fouzder well , with the sandbox mode everyone is now able to have everything including legendaries and megas so i don't see the problem.

oooo......so  that's the sandbox mod. Well, either way, I see no problem in trading, just as @Commander said.

1 minute ago, seki108 said:

I thought you could.......at least you could when it first came out.  Haven't followed or used it since downloading, so I'm a little out of the loop.

As long as he didn't disable it you should be able to. Anything Reborn related is connected to one online server and trade service. My only worry was that changing the name could cause an error but it didn't which is why I didn't disable it. Though I did ask Ame about the party system with online compatibility as it does change your overall appearance online. During the beta testing, I had the other person report what they were seeing and they stated they saw Shelly's sprite. Trainer titles however did not appear properly interesting enough and always said Pokemon Trainer. I actually debated making a mod purely so that you could use a different sprite appearing online. It'd be very, very tedious but a really nice mod.

1 minute ago, Commander said:

As long as he didn't disable it you should be able to. Anything Reborn related is connected to one online server and trade service. My only worry was that changing the name could cause an error but it didn't which is why I didn't disable it. Though I did ask Ame about the party system with online compatibility as it does change your overall appearance online. During the beta testing, I had the other person report what they were seeing and they stated they saw Shelly's sprite. Trainer titles however did not appear properly interesting enough and always said Pokemon Trainer. I actually debated making a mod purely so that you could use a different sprite appearing online. It'd be very, very tedious but a really nice mod.

I agree on that mod idea. custom avatar sprites would be amazing. it would make others unique. And not to worry @Zarc, u helped out a lot out there, including me. as long as ur are giving away obtainable pokemon, everything is OKAZAY! cuz I'm preety sure even Deino will be available in the wild or through events ( I know about dark materials), so don't feel guilty, yeah?

Things I am going to miss in Hardcore so much while playing normal reborn:

1.The alternate gym battle:No playthrough will be same.Wait til you meet Ciel or Terra.I didn't even want to try their alternate once I knew what was going to happen.

2.TM breeding: This was a new thing for me because I never breed pokemon but hardcore was so fun that I literally wanted to do this.My shiny sheer force nidoking with  sludge wave,ice beam,earth power and shadow ball basically wreaked hell.

3.Party System : They have some items and it's fun playing as Fern.

4.The level limiter: This is literally the best thing I can think of about Hardcore.

5.The HCHQ story: I basically had to go to Hardcore office everytime I defeated a gym.This was awesome.But I won't know what will happen next.Why,Commander? I had defeated Henry after so many failed times.