Amphibi

What new or improved Pokemon are you looking forward to using the most in E17?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What new or improved Pokemon are you looking forward to using the most in E17?

• Decidueye
    • Incineroar
    • Primarina
    • Gigalith
    • Pelipper
    • Alolan Muk
    • Alolan Ninetales
    • Torkoal
    • Salazzle
    • Araquanid
    • Toxapex
    • Garchomp
    • Gyarados
    • Aegislash
    • Ferrothorn
    • Mimikyu
    • Flygon
    • Phione
    • Something else

Hey, I've been playing reborn since E15, best Pokemon game I've ever played. Period. Very excited for E17 did I delay it by saying it? and I figured that instead of lurking on these forums like I have been for the past year or so I'd actually introduce myself and become an active forum user goes back to lurking. While waiting for E17 I've been playing lots of UU on showdown, checking dev notes way too often and watching RWBY. I live in Canada and am currently going to college after they had a five week strike. Anyways, that's enough about me. I want to know more about you. To make this topic interesting I put a poll on it, because polls are fun, right? 

Heya Amphibi, welcome to Reborn~

Wanna know more about us folks, uh? Well, you consider Reborn the best pokémon game ever and you like RWBY; that's already 2 things we have in common ;)

I'm French, just like ol' Zarc above ^

Other than that, I'm just one of the ordinary members who hang around here pretty much everyday. If you have questions about anything, feel free to ask.

Good idea to have made that poll! I voted A-Muk because its typing is awesome and it finally has a movepool that matches its stats, so I'm pretty eager to use it over regular Muk in Reborn.

What new or improved Pokemon are you looking forward to using the most in E17?  

Spoiler

tumblr_p00zjdGCdd1vt418do1_540.gif

actual image of me

Welcome to the non-lurker life, I guess \o

If you're worried that you're not gonna be very active on here even though you want to, you could try joining us on our discord server (if you haven't already). It has a channel for discussing the game as well, so if you're interested in the kinda small talk you wouldn't wanna start a thread for, that's ideal ^^

11 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

sup. welcome to reborn

whoever voted Toxapex I just lost respect for you

Hide contents

This is a joke. though I do hate toxapex with a burning passion

Haha! That's me. I love it's Killer Combo. But i see why you hate it ( or maybe not ).

18 minutes ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

Haha! That's me. I love it's Killer Combo. But i see why you hate it ( or maybe not ).

the worst part about toxapex is that it actually has a cool ability in Merciless. which is COMPLETELY WASTED ON IT. Like, give it to another poison type that actually does damage, or make it a compensator for said poison type not having venoshock. but OF COURSE the poison type that will never use it get's it.

4 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

the worst part about toxapex is that it actually has a cool ability in Merciless. which is COMPLETELY WASTED ON IT. Like, give it to another poison type that actually does damage, or make it a compensator for said poison type not having venoshock. but OF COURSE the poison type that will never use it get's it.

Depends, i'll definitely gonna use it's Baneful Bunker + Sludge Wave :D. Maybe it'll be useful to destroy some trainers.

Although i wish my Bulbasaur have that ability :( .

Edited by Ainz Ooal Gown

2 minutes ago, Ainz Ooal Gown said:

Depends, i'll definitely gonna use it's Baneful Bunker + Sludge Wave :D. Maybe it'll be useful to destroy some trainers.

Although i wish my Bulbasaur have that ability :( .

and there's also that, WHY GIVE THAT BULKY BITCH BOTH A SIGNATURE MOVE THAT WILL POISON ANYTHING THAT TOUCHES IT, A SIGNATURE ABILITY IT WILL NEVER USE AND REGENERATOR? Like, there's no reason at all. Like, most of the things with that bitch I can deal with, but gamefreak though that it was a great idea to give a stall mon that literally outstalls all other stall mons REGENERATOR. the only good thing is that they didn't think it was a genius idea to give it corrosion and Salazzle Merciless (although it would make more sense, seeing as salazzle will just try to hit hard over trying to stall you out)

1 minute ago, Wolfox said:

and there's also that, WHY GIVE THAT BULKY BITCH BOTH A SIGNATURE MOVE THAT WILL POISON ANYTHING THAT TOUCHES IT, A SIGNATURE ABILITY IT WILL NEVER USE AND REGENERATOR? Like, there's no reason at all. Like, most of the things with that bitch I can deal with, but gamefreak though that it was a great idea to give a stall mon that literally outstalls all other stall mons REGENERATOR. the only good thing is that they didn't think it was a genius idea to give it corrosion and Salazzle Merciless (although it would make more sense, seeing as salazzle will just try to hit hard over trying to stall you out)

Whoa, calm down bruh, calm down

Hmm how'd I miss this one? Howdy Amphibi! A most sincere welcome to the forums of Reborn! Do enjoy your stay!

I'd love to add Alolan Ninetails or Mimikyu to my team. Gen VII has some good fairys. Although you didn't add the 2 bug 'mon I want to use: Ribombee and Golisopod.

@Wolfox Yes! Let us rejoice in our hatred for another Water/Poison remake! I feel like giving it Merciless as an ability was just GameFreak saying f u to anyone who uses it.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome :) I actually have one question, anyone know the exact size of the cover photo in profile (The big, long one at the top of the page, not the avatar)?

@Wolfox I dislike Toxapex as well. Basically anything with Regenerator is annoying if it has a bit of bulk but Toxapex seems to have everything a stall mon needs. High defenses, scald, tspikes, recovery outside of regenerator, haze and not like it even needs it: a bloated protect move. Merciless could've gone to something that actually hits something. With toxic spikes and venoshock I really wanted Toxapex to be that Pokemon but nope, it's just a stall mon. There's one Pokemon I dislike more though, luckily it hasn't been released for E17 but I'm sure it'll come in E18

Hi there Amphibi! Welcome to Reborn!

First off, I'm not entirely sure of the answer to your question about cover photos, as I've never got around to using that feature myself and therefore don't know how big the image is supposed to be. 

If you're interested in RWBY and stuff like that, we have an anime subforum where I'm sure you'll be able to find some people to discuss your passion with. Similarly if you want to talk about competitive pokemon battles, the victory road subforum is the place for you. 

While you're here, it would be great if you could quickly check out the Community Rules so we don't have any problems. If you have any questions about any of them or the website, feel free to ask as I'm always happy to help. 

Enjoy your stay!