Restrict trades till later in the game?

GuillerXD

I don't know if anyone have already created a topic on the subject here in the forum, if it has already been created please ignore this topic.

I was thinking here, but would it be interesting to lock trades and wonder trade until, say, get a certain badger or even after finishing the episode? one of Reborn's differentials is having to use inferior pokemons to overcome the challenges of the game, I believe that having access to the option of using better pokemons through trades means that it ruins part of the experience. I think it would be interesting if this online feature were only available late in the game, and after they were unlocked, they would be available forever in the save, even if the player decides to start a new game ( I don't know if it's possible to program something like this).

well, I know it's always possible just to not use the online functions before finishing the game but you know how it is, we have our moments of weakness lol. 
This is just something I thought recently, don't take it too seriously xD, well, what do you guys think about it?

• Global Mods

Sure, it can easily destroy the careful balance if its used, but it's very much someones own choice to use it. It's also good to have for anyone wanting to do some type of challenge run and needing special pokemon at the start of the game. Maybe a warning message about the balance when first creating an online account, but other than that I don't think it's necessary to restrict it at all. after all, this is a predominantly singleplayer game, so if somebody wants to play it in a certain way, why not?

Definitely though I don't know how this sort of things work.I usually just prefer to not use the online feature until late game.

Because the problem will be is that people won't be able to do challenged run early game.For example,let's just say someone wanted to do a ghost mono run.But I can't remember any ghost type pokemon early game.

Honestly,I don't like online feature at all.Since I have seen people ask a little bit too much.

I think this should just be a case of player choice.  While this can be used for early game advantage (and filling up WT with garbage), trading is also a good way to get one or two mons for a mono run without having to rely on someone editing your save file.  

If you come to regret getting a good mon this way, either put it into WT so someone else can use it or store it in the PC for later.

Edited by seki108

Yes, I understand that this is a player choice above all, is just that, sometimes this saddens me, I see some people in their first runs using broken pokemons that spoil the real experience of the game, often i see these first players using pokemons that aren't even available in the game.
I think @DreamblitzX proposal would be the most plausible in this case, a warning that trades can ruin the actual reborn experience.

Edited by ~ Guiller ~

There's also the fact that Wonder Trade is a risk-reward situation. Sure, you might get a perfect shiny Feebas (true story), but most of the time you can end up with like a bidoof, a rattata, a yungoose and all that stuff.

1 hour ago, Yagami said:

Definitely though I don't know how this sort of things work.I usually just prefer to not use the online feature until late game.

Because the problem will be is that people won't be able to do challenged run early game.For example,let's just say someone wanted to do a ghost mono run.But I can't remember any ghost type pokemon early game.

Honestly,I don't like online feature at all.Since I have seen people ask a little bit too much.

I agree with you. I mean, clearly, if REBORN is supposed to be a challenging game, then why not take the challenge using the mons that we get early in the game? Plus, I don't see the point of trading pokemons for evolution if you already have this "LINKSTONE". 

2 hours ago, Yagami said:

Hmm... good point. Yeah, i did that too in the past, but now that i know the pain of a breeder, i'm only ask for mons occasionally.

And even some new players asked for pseudos, especially dragon pseudos which is makes me sad :( . I mean c'mon, you can choose torchic, the most broken starter ever that will make your gameplay smooth as butter. And it won't take long before you'll start to get access to other broken mons as well :( .

But on the other hand, i agree with @GS BALL. If you're doing a monotype run, as long as you won't do anything that's "cheating", it'll be fun for you, as you'll need your brains to fight some of the gym leaders that have your team weakness' mons.

Edited by Ainz Ooal Gown

I didn't know that online feature was there until I had finished my run of E16 :P and than it was really useful for completing my dex,

creating new runs to get the correct mystery egg would have been such a pain :o and also I think it contributes towards this great community :D 
Also I know someone who got a shiny legendary through WT but legendaries are all unavailable in E16 right?? (it is most likely 100% hacked) 

13 minutes ago, Millianne157 said:

I didn't know that online feature was there until I had finished my run of E16 :P and than it was really useful for completing my dex,

creating new runs to get the correct mystery egg would have been such a pain :o and also I think it contributes towards this great community :D 
Also I know someone who got a shiny legendary through WT but legendaries are all unavailable in E16 right?? (it is most likely 100% hacked) 

that's from Sandbox or Debug mode for sure.