Best pokemon starter?

jamesw0102

Speed boost bulk up Blaziken

Nothing beats this guy.You can use this pokemon in any gym battle you want.I have sweeped Noel,Luna,Serra,the weird bug kid in

Reborn and Reborn Hardcore,I have sweeped Angie in Rejuvenation with this pokemon and almost sweeped other gym leaders.

Basically the most reliable pokemon you can ask in any fan game.Let it hold wide lens,use bulk up and then just take out half of your opponent's pokemon with HJK,blaze kick and shadow claw or brave bird.

You don't need to worry about any other TM or egg moves.

It learns bulk up and blaze kick by level up,hJK by relearner and shadow claw/brave bird is basically a filler move.

Edited by Yagami

Man you should try other's broken mons, well they arent that broken but some x itens and you are all set to go, i sugest for a slow but steady run a torterra,
shell armor, earthquake, woodhammer crunch, and last just curse like a drunken sailor, preety good.

I've played with many starters in many games, and I find that:

- Emboar - Heat Crash was so damn broken in my W2 and B2 runs, I really loved it

- Blaziken - as everyone sayed "SPEED BOOST"

- Charizard - Not the best starter, but my favorite Mon :)

- Sceptile - This buddy broke the rules in my Rejuvenation run, it's damn fast and with Overgrow in my opinion one of the best grass type Mons!!!

- Greninja - Yeah it hasn't the best movepool, but Protean is such a good thing IMO

are the best starters!!!

Edited by HellBoyOnEarth

blaziken is an obvious one.

I will actually be the one to say that Delpox is good in reborn, due to the rival all being weak to it before they break their monotype mold (Cain being the odd one here)

greninja is there

mudkip / swampart is Always an allround solid pick, Waterfall and earthquake are great STAB-moves and stealth rock + toxic (available later in the game) make him a good opener in any fight (downside is that he won't learn stealthrock till after ep16). typing is solid, only grass moves completely recks him obviously.

but yea, tbh all starters with 2 typings have an edge over the monotypes

Edited by dotahkin01

The others have already said numerous times which one is objectively the best, so I'll just throw in my 2 cents about some of the others.

Serperior is widely considered as one of the most powerful starters out there due to Contrary + Leaf Storm, and while it's true that once it gets going, few can stop it, let's not forget a couple things. First, it learns the aforementioned move pretty late, meaning that until then, it's not particularly impressive. Second, its coverage options are extremely shallow, especially without TMs and/or move tutors. Third, its Grass typing is bad defensively, so it can have more trouble setting up than you'd like.

All in all, Serperior isn't bad at all, but maybe not as busted as people think.

Same goes for Protean Greninja. Its ability is interesting and grants it STAB across the board, not to mention its speed allows it to strike first, but it is also very frail and sometimes just doesn't pack enough of a punch to bust through your foes. It's an excellent mon if you use it well, but not nearly as broken as the mighty KFC.

Now, some others that aren't cited as much but still worth mentioning imo: Charizard because it gets Dragon Rage early (allowing it to 2HKO almost everything until the 30's), Sheer Force Feraligatr, Swampert because of its typing, Infernape because of its stats distribution, offensive typing and Iron Fist, Primarina because of its typing, Venusaur thanks to its utility moves.

All of them can be very good and worth using.

Edited by Alistair

Basically, Contrary Serperior and Speed Boost Blaziken, like everyone said. But I would replace Protean Greninja in that trio with Dragon Dance + Sheer Force + Life Orb Feraligatr. This thing is VERY scary if it's allowed to set up (and considering Feraigatr's good bulk, it most likely will). Greninja is great, but if you are using a special movepool (which most people do) it doesn't have a lot of options, its offensive stats aren't that great, and it doesn't have any way to naturally boost its stats. Infernape, Primarina, Delphox and Swampert are also pretty good. Also, if we're counting Mega Evolutions, either one of Charizard's are great.

Feraligator dragon dance is only through eggmoves and i'm not sure or 1. it works in all version of pokemon (and reborn) and 2. i believe only dratini line can breed and give feraligator the dragon dance move (which is not available), though that might be wrong ofcourse.

Anyways, i wouldnt say view dragondance feraligator a 'starter' pokemon in this context

@dotahkin01 It does work (I have a DD Feraligatr in Reborn), and the Feraligatr line also gets it by breeding with the Axew line (that learns DD by lv 32) and the Horsea line. Also, I think it counts, considering Serperior is being listed as one os the best starters, but it's only dangerous if it knows Leaf Storm, which it only gets at lv 62

Feraligator dragon dance is only through eggmoves and i'm not sure or 1. it works in all version of pokemon (and reborn) and 2. i believe only dratini line can breed and give feraligator the dragon dance move (which is not available), though that might be wrong ofcourse.

Anyways, i wouldnt say view dragondance feraligator v

Feraligator dragon dance is only through eggmoves, but you can get it from horsea. However since it is not possible to breed for a while after reaching the horsea location, Feraligator dragon dance becomes available at the start of ep 16 content. So indead not a 'starter' pokemon in that contex.

It's still very strong without dragon dance though.

Just trade with yourself for another starter, that's what I did lol.

I went through Reborn with Protean Greninja, Speed Boost Blaziken, and Contrary Serperior. 

I finally have a Choice Scarf for my Serperior too so it's amazing to use for grinding money haha.