Animal Crossing Pocket Camp [Topic/Friend IDs]

Commander

So with the new Animal Crossing Mobile app just released, I figured it wouldn't hurt to make a topic about it. Anyways, I can't say I'm super impressed by it but it's a pretty fun little game to pass the time (Probably will spend more time on Tales of the Rays and FE Heroes still) but if anyone wants to join in the fun or have people added, I can add you to the list here though I'll probably only update this weekly.

Friend IDs:
Commander 8071 1002 946

Yeah, I got it and tried it out yesterday. It's a barely passable little time waster, tbh.

The main core of the game is picking fruit, catching bugs and fish and talking to villagers. Which is kinda fun at first. Simple touch screen controls and waiting to start tapping the screen at the right time while still following the basic animal crossing formula for those activities.

But you can't sell that stuff (except to other players who would rather just catch their own stuff), all you can do is collect it and wander around to find animals who just happen to need it. They give you a hundred or so bells for each little fetch quest and some amount of materials. The good thing is you don't have to talk to 'em to initiate it or even see what they want, they'll have a convenient little bubble over their head of what they want, how much of it they want, and how much you have.

As a campsite manager, you're supposed to make friends with the animals by talking to them and doing their fetch quests and then invite them to your campsite. But they won't just come hang out even if you have a high enough friendship level with them (which isn't high at all), you have to own and set up specific pieces of furniture for them to be able to come by and visit it. As far as setting it up goes, the game will give you the option to set up their furniture automatically- if you do that, the animal will automatically show up to visit. Right after which, it will give you the option to keep the auto set-up. If you don't save it, it will revert back to that sweet layout that you spent time setting up. That animal will now be able to hang out at your campsite, even if you put away and sell all the furniture you needed to invite him or her in the first place (cuz you know they probably had bad taste anyways)

Why do you want to do any of that stuff? So you can meet more animals and be able to make more furniture. As you befriend animals and your overall level goes up, the game will allow you to be able to craft more and more furniture, and the number of animals you can run into and eventually invite to hang out increases. At the start, there are only the 5 starter animals wandering around for you to meet, but of course early friendship levels and overall levels are pretty quick and easy to gain at the beginning. Also, beginning furniture literally only takes a minute to craft. Eventually shit takes longer and you can spent tickets to speed up the process, but of course those are limited items the game gives you and you'll eventually run out and the game will want you to buy them with real money.

And that's kinda it. That's the whole point of the game, to eventually get to the point where you have tons of animals friends and decorate your campsite with whatever you want.

Not really exciting or compelling in my book.

Other Limitations

you can only do so many quests or talk to animals to increase friendship before you aren't allowed to do more. You're kinda capped after a few quests and one or two pure dialogue options unless you spend request tickets to make them give you quests so you can farm and be friends more. yeah, forced friendship baby. Those are limited too and i'm pretty sure they're purchasable with real money. However, every 3 hours the animals will move around and appear at different places on the map. That's basically the quest reset time and you can talk to and do quests for animals again.

There are a few fruit trees scattered about and you can harvest them every 3 hours as well. You can't plant more or do anything with them except turn them in during quests.

bug and fish pool is severely limited, which isn't unexpected. And I don't think there is anything special associated with having caught all the bugs or all the fish or anything like that either. All the quests ask you for specific bugs, fruit, and fish.... and that's pretty much it. Again, you can't just sell fish to nook or any other npc for precious bells. If you're lucky, you can sell it to other players. You set it in your personal store thing and set the price for it (the game actually limits individually how much you can charge for it, but you can charge less if you wanna feel market competitive or whatever). The thing is, once you set it in there, you'll never get that item or fish back, even if you don't sell it. It will not allow you to take it back if it sits there, hasn't been sold, and you need that one fish back to finish an animal's current quest. You just have to hope some player runs into your avatar and shop somewhere and chooses to buy whatever you've put up instead of catch or make it themselves. Pretty sure the most you can do is just get rid of the item so you can sell something else in that slot instead. Piss poor system really.

Oh and you can spend way too many bells repainting your pedo van or making it bigger inside. Don't know why though. I guess you can decorate the inside but there's no reason to venture inside your own van, much less anyone else's.

Idk, just feel that the game content is just very, very shallow when it comes to gameplay and rewarding you for playing the game.

What it DOES do well is bring the funny, quirky personalities and conversations from the handheld and console games. That is still quite enjoyable and entertaining.

I guess you could say that the good thing about this game losing its fun and luster so quickly is that you'll never be tempted to buy tickets with real money.

Rating: 2/10

It will get stale for most players very quickly but until the true extent of the repetitive and limited nature of the game really hits the player, it's actually pretty good, classic AC collecting fun. And then you'll feel the urge to go back to New Leaf and finish your collections from who knows how long ago.

I'll give it a try for a while :) Feel free to add me~

Candy 4356 7877 313

Ok after trying it for an hour, I think it's a pretty neat game. I think once they get the updates rolling, it'll be more fun to play. Learning from pokemon, they should def incorporate the bug and fish dexes. I loved gardening in New Leaf, and if they are planning to make the camp site size upgradable like the houses were in the console games, it'd be a major plus. All in all, better than Pokémon Go lol

Edited by Candy

1 hour ago, Maelstrom said:

Yeah, I got it and tried it out yesterday. It's a barely passable little time waster, tbh.

The main core of the game is picking fruit, catching bugs and fish and talking to villagers. Which is kinda fun at first. Simple touch screen controls and waiting to start tapping the screen at the right time while still following the basic animal crossing formula for those activities.

But you can't sell that stuff (except to other players who would rather just catch their own stuff), all you can do is collect it and wander around to find animals who just happen to need it. They give you a hundred or so bells for each little fetch quest and some amount of materials. The good thing is you don't have to talk to 'em to initiate it or even see what they want, they'll have a convenient little bubble over their head of what they want, how much of it they want, and how much you have.

As a campsite manager, you're supposed to make friends with the animals by talking to them and doing their fetch quests and then invite them to your campsite. But they won't just come hang out even if you have a high enough friendship level with them (which isn't high at all), you have to own and set up specific pieces of furniture for them to be able to come by and visit it. As far as setting it up goes, the game will give you the option to set up their furniture automatically- if you do that, the animal will automatically show up to visit. Right after which, it will give you the option to keep the auto set-up. If you don't save it, it will revert back to that sweet layout that you spent time setting up. That animal will now be able to hang out at your campsite, even if you put away and sell all the furniture you needed to invite him or her in the first place (cuz you know they probably had bad taste anyways)

Why do you want to do any of that stuff? So you can meet more animals and be able to make more furniture. As you befriend animals and your overall level goes up, the game will allow you to be able to craft more and more furniture, and the number of animals you can run into and eventually invite to hang out increases. At the start, there are only the 5 starter animals wandering around for you to meet, but of course early friendship levels and overall levels are pretty quick and easy to gain at the beginning. Also, beginning furniture literally only takes a minute to craft. Eventually shit takes longer and you can spent tickets to speed up the process, but of course those are limited items the game gives you and you'll eventually run out and the game will want you to buy them with real money.

And that's kinda it. That's the whole point of the game, to eventually get to the point where you have tons of animals friends and decorate your campsite with whatever you want.

Not really exciting or compelling in my book.

Other Limitations

you can only do so many quests or talk to animals to increase friendship before you aren't allowed to do more. You're kinda capped after a few quests and one or two pure dialogue options unless you spend request tickets to make them give you quests so you can farm and be friends more. yeah, forced friendship baby. Those are limited too and i'm pretty sure they're purchasable with real money. However, every 3 hours the animals will move around and appear at different places on the map. That's basically the quest reset time and you can talk to and do quests for animals again.

There are a few fruit trees scattered about and you can harvest them every 3 hours as well. You can't plant more or do anything with them except turn them in during quests.

bug and fish pool is severely limited, which isn't unexpected. And I don't think there is anything special associated with having caught all the bugs or all the fish or anything like that either. All the quests ask you for specific bugs, fruit, and fish.... and that's pretty much it. Again, you can't just sell fish to nook or any other npc for precious bells. If you're lucky, you can sell it to other players. You set it in your personal store thing and set the price for it (the game actually limits individually how much you can charge for it, but you can charge less if you wanna feel market competitive or whatever). The thing is, once you set it in there, you'll never get that item or fish back, even if you don't sell it. It will not allow you to take it back if it sits there, hasn't been sold, and you need that one fish back to finish an animal's current quest. You just have to hope some player runs into your avatar and shop somewhere and chooses to buy whatever you've put up instead of catch or make it themselves. Pretty sure the most you can do is just get rid of the item so you can sell something else in that slot instead. Piss poor system really.

Oh and you can spend way too many bells repainting your pedo van or making it bigger inside. Don't know why though. I guess you can decorate the inside but there's no reason to venture inside your own van, much less anyone else's.

Idk, just feel that the game content is just very, very shallow when it comes to gameplay and rewarding you for playing the game.

What it DOES do well is bring the funny, quirky personalities and conversations from the handheld and console games. That is still quite enjoyable and entertaining.

I guess you could say that the good thing about this game losing its fun and luster so quickly is that you'll never be tempted to buy tickets with real money.

Rating: 2/10

It will get stale for most players very quickly but until the true extent of the repetitive and limited nature of the game really hits the player, it's actually pretty good, classic AC collecting fun. And then you'll feel the urge to go back to New Leaf and finish your collections from who knows how long ago.

Yeah that's pretty much how I feel.

Before Pocket Camp's launch I was playing Seabeard a ton and it feels vastly superior gameplay wise aside from being a little more stingy when it comes to premium currency.

I guess that's the biggest advantage Pocket Camp has over most mobile Animal Crossing ripspin-offs is Nintendo's generosity when it comes to IAPs. We've seen this with Fire Emblem: Heroes.

But since all my friends are playing this I may as well stick around for a bit. Here's my ID: 7255 9511 742

Yeah, for what it is, it's pretty fun, but I just don't see it holding people's attention for too long.

oh, and I forgot to mention this detail- the quest cap is per animal. So you go talk to Apollo and do quests for him until he's got nothing left for you, then you can go talk to a different character and do the same thing for them.