Randomizing the PLAYER'S TEAM? - Is it possible?

MetrololAce

The Pokemon fan game community has been something I have been in love with for quite a while now and its always fun to play through the games that come from it. Especially with a game like Reborn, I find myself playing through it dozens of times over the years. 

One thing I always like to do is try to make the playthrough interesting for both myself to play but also potential onlookers, and the thing that currently intrigues me is randomization. I've been toying around with randomizers on the main series games and am also aware that it is possible with RPGmaker and rom hacks, but something I've always wanted to try was something that allowed me to randomly select which Pokemon I WOULD USE. 

Randomizing wild pokemon is nice because it forces me to catch and use ones that I usually wouldn't play with, but after a few badges I find myself using the same 6-10 members as I would have anyway, minus the odd legendary. 

Ideally, what I would be after is something that will clearly and randomly decide my team for me that I can utilize at my will to add for a more random situation. Here are the ways I am seeing it play out in my head:

1. A script or event in RPGmaker that does it for me. It can take 6 Pokemon from my Box and put them into my party every time I chose to run it. Or it can simply suggest six by placing them in a separate box or in some way indicating them, perhaps through text or images popping up on the screen. Would likely work best for single Pokemon at a time if possible.

OR

2. an outside tool or modification that allows me to randomly select team members instead of RPGmaker. My ideas in the past have been to number each slot of the box then use a random number generator to select slots OR to add every single Pokemon to my box using the script from the Reborn Sandbox then use the Random Pokemon generator websites out there to make the choice for me.

The problem with the first option is its not very obvious which slots are which and it confuses people (and my self some times) because I have to make artificial rules to make it logical. 

The problem with the second one is I have to heavily cheat in the game and that's not really that fun either. 

In the end, all I want is the Pokemon I'VE collected organically to be randomly chosen by something other than me to assure true randomness. 

Is this possible? Do you have any ideas that can make this a reality? I know there are a lot of talented and creative individuals here so I am hoping to hear something that can help me make this type of playthrough a reality. 

My idea for it would be to do a run were any time a Pokemon died I would roll the randomizer to pick a new one out of my box for me and have to use that, sort of like a Nuzlocke but with less limitations. 

I've also considered randomizing a new team of six for every time I complete a major section of the game, like a battle with a gym leader or an evil team admin etc. 

Anyway, thanks for any advice you guys can give!

This sounds like a pretty interesting concept. I think in order for it to work with the pokemon you've caught and put into your PC boxes, it would have to only choose a certain box, otherwise you're forced to keep every pokemon trained so you don't get handed something massively under-leveled. 

What I think would be cool is a game where you play the whole game with pokemon issued in the factory rental mons style. Maybe with a few restrictions on what mons you could trade for after a win to keep massively over-leveled bosses out of the player's hands. 

Ya that aligns with how I would do it. Like 20 some pokemon as spool to choose from. 

I like your idea there too. A good addition to the plan.

But the stitch is how to do it. Any ideas on how to either find a way to make essentials do it for me, or some logical alternative that won't feel too gamey?

Edited by MetrololAce