Daycare Change in Sun/Moon for Reborn

Via

• Global Mods

I would hope not, that doesn't sound like a great change (I mean I guess for learning moves it could be annoying, but you could instead change it so they attempt to learn all the moves they would've when you withdraw them.)

If the leveling was removed, having the withdraw cost always be 100 feels a bit silly so I guess that should probably be removed too. is that how it works in Su/Mo?

For sm it works well because if you want your mons to be left somewhere to level up you can use the pelago.

If we don't have pelago in reborn then there is no where to leave your pokemon to level up. 

Though personally I wouldn't mind the new way because I don't like when it chooses new moves for me

4 hours ago, GS BALL said:

Please bring that on... While breeding excessively, you run the risk of egg moves being replaced by normal ones... I lost my beloved event Cacturne's Low Kick for example and good TMs are found much later (focus blast isn't available even, yet)!

two things

1) for a breeder it's better, but for someone who just places a mon there for leveling off team, it would be a bad thing. so it's a double-edged sword.

2) Focus miss is your idea of a good TM? who harmed you?

22 minutes ago, CMV said:

Well if it wasn't a good TM, it would be available in-game by this point, duh

there's a reason it's called focus miss. the times you actually need it to hit. it WILL miss. it's the move you run because the second best thing is HP fighting.

• Global Mods
2 hours ago, Wolfox said:

there's a reason it's called focus miss. the times you actually need it to hit. it WILL miss. it's the move you run because the second best thing is HP fighting.

I swear that move only hits 1 time in 5. oh if only Aura Sphere was more widespread...

I also think changing movesets it's not cool for that very breeding reason :/

Also, maybe a bit offtopic but still on the same direction, will Exp. Share be also updated to the activation key item? It could be a bad thing for farming, in regards to level caps and all :/

This is easily avoided by checking the level up moves of the pokemon you deposit. See up to which level it's safe to let it in the day-care without losing precious moves, level it some yourself, and put it back there again. 

When you have the rebattlable trainers in the Grand Hall giving you both experience and money to spend in the daycare, it's silly to be annoyed by the 100$ the old couple asks. It's less than a Pokeball. 

Move Relearner is a thing, although I don't know if they provide the egg moves you let your pokemon lose. 

18 minutes ago, NickCrash said:

This is easily avoided by checking the level up moves of the pokemon you deposit. See up to which level it's safe to let it in the day-care without losing precious moves, level it some yourself, and put it back there again. 

When you have the rebattlable trainers in the Grand Hall giving you both experience and money to spend in the daycare, it's silly to be annoyed by the 100$ the old couple asks. It's less than a Pokeball. 

Move Relearner is a thing, although I don't know if they provide the egg moves you let your pokemon lose. 

Well, imo it's kinda annoying that you have to buy plenty of common candies ( to prevent overleveled problem )  and mining heart scales just to restore a mon to it's pre-day care :/

Edited by Ainz Ooal Gown

Don't get me wrong, I know. That's why I suggest that we check their level-up learnset before depositing them into the day-care, to avoid such problems. That's what I do.

Usually you let something stay quite a while, before picking it up, since the trainers in the Grand Hall are a much faster way to get experience than running around. That of course is up to each player's preference. As Ame suggested before, at the very worst, make them have an egg with the moves the pokemon had upon entry.

Heart Scales can be "found" by Pickup or in luvdisc, so it's not that bad. But maybe breeding chains could go bad if a mon forgets their own egg move in the Daycare (Since that doesn't appear at the relearner)

Full eugenics breeding in its current state is a pain. You have to jump through hoops (and many mod their game or use speed up methods) to hasten the process of getting that sweet, sweet 5 IV mon. The process needs an update, even more than the one they did in gen 7. And don't get me wrong, splitting the two day care roles (breeding and training) into two different things is a good start. But there's so much more you could do. Why not have multiple day cares (so you can be breeding multiple things at once), or perhaps an egg hatcher or two as well? That way you can be hatching more eggs than you could normally carry. Oh, and definitely more efficient ways of maxing out pokemon IVs. So like a new item that helps breeding better IVs or a buff to the destiny knot, etc. Or we could revamp the system completely and have items that grant flat IVs or convert EVs into IVs. So many options to explore, but we're stuck with this annoying, inefficient system.

3 hours ago, Octavius said:

Full eugenics breeding in its current state is a pain. You have to jump through hoops (and many mod their game or use speed up methods) to hasten the process of getting that sweet, sweet 5 IV mon. The process needs an update, even more than the one they did in gen 7. And don't get me wrong, splitting the two day care roles (breeding and training) into two different things is a good start. But there's so much more you could do. Why not have multiple day cares (so you can be breeding multiple things at once), or perhaps an egg hatcher or two as well? That way you can be hatching more eggs than you could normally carry. Oh, and definitely more efficient ways of maxing out pokemon IVs. So like a new item that helps breeding better IVs or a buff to the destiny knot, etc. Or we could revamp the system completely and have items that grant flat IVs or convert EVs into IVs. So many options to explore, but we're stuck with this annoying, inefficient system.

You could always just spawn the 'mon with full IVs from the beginning if you want to sped up the process. Imho things that are overly easy doen't present a challenge and can end up boring people. I also think the only-breeding Daycare would be a good thing, but let's be honest: Those things are overly simple, and Reborn was never meant to be that.

I don't really see what Reborn specifically has to do things being overly-simplistic. Reborn has pretty strictly followed the mechanics of the canon games, and the canon games in gen 7 separated the level-up aspect of the day care from the breeding aspect of the day care into two separate facilities. So the only reason Reborn won't change that in the next update would be as a result of coding issues or unwillingness to update because of the extra work. 

As for over-simplicity, I feel like a quality of life improvement is much different than taking the challenge out of something. For example, a day care quality of life improvement would be the day care lady not automatically teaching your pokemon the new moves it learns by level up and overwriting your pokemon's much more valuable moves (especially egg moves). It'd be a nice improvement if, when you take your pokemon out of daycare, you would have the option to go through the list of level up moves it learned yourself and decide which it learns and which it doesn't. A day care over-simplification would be making a widely and easily accessible item(s) that just grants your pokemon free IVs, thus effectively making the breeding process obsolete. 

I'm okay with the "not replacing movements" part and the "only breeding, not leveling" (Honestly I only used the leveling part as a "let's forget this mon here and come back later for laughs") but I just think some ideas (multiple breeding centers, external hatchers, easying maxing IVs) would make an aspect of the games that needs an effort to be perfected, easier. Good IVs are a great help in core Reborn, and while I get they're almost needed in competitive, there's no need to do breeding at all for that. But that's my way of playing and thinking about pokémon games ^_^