• Gumshoos/Raticate
    • Araquanid
    • Marowak
    • Lurantis
    • Togedemaru
    • Mimikyu
    • Kommo-o
    • Ribombee

I'll give you my thoughts. Keep in mind this is only through my own experience, and it's purely my own opinion...

Spoiler

At the point I fought it, my team was Dartrix, Ledian, Salandit, Arbok, Hawlucha, and Magnemite. As such, fuck that Alolawak. It's support Pokemon is Salazzle, which is also a huge offensive threat at this point. Marowak also has Cursed Body as it's ability, potentially crippling your strategy. However...

Spoiler

And this is HUGE story spoilers...

Spoiler

If you mean Totem Pokemon through technicality, then the hardest is easily...

Spoiler

The Totem Ultra Necrozma you fight close to the end of the main story

Edited by Filthy Casual

Haven't faced them all yet, but so far I'll have to say the return of the Lurantis. That bish was still hard as f*ck. Props to alolan wak for trying, but when you have a Brione it kinda isn;t that hard

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

Haven't faced them all yet, but so far I'll have to say the return of the Lurantis. That bish was still hard as f*ck. Props to alolan wak for trying, but when you have a Brione it kinda isn;t that hard

That's a fair point. At the end of the day, a huge portion of the difficulty comes down to team composition. For example, for me, Lurantis was actually one of the easiest. I had a Salandit on my team with Dragon Rage, meaning the partner Pokemon's support moves didn't work. It was a matter of stalling out Synthesis and Solar Blade, which isn't too hard when you have a quad resistance. Still wasn't as easy for me as something like Totem Raticate, who got one shot by Brick Break Makuhita, but it wasn't a challenge for me. I'd say it was more annoying than hard.

Edited by Filthy Casual

now that I've reached Kommo-o, I'm gonna give thay big guy my vote.

Spoiler

between the fairy resist berry, the summoning scizor, thunder punch, drain punch and poison jab, it's a hard nut to crack

• Global Mods

Now that I've defeated all of them, I can vote. In order from most difficult to least difficult:

1. Lurantis. I had a hard time with it in the originals, and a hard time with it here too. 

2. Raticate (playing Ultra Moon). Teamwork was essential to defeating it. The main part of the difficulty here was my team still being in early stages. 

3. Togedemaru. Teamwork was also important here, but it didn't hit me as hard as Raticate did. 

4. Kommo-o. It was the easiest in SM for me, but it received an upgrade here with the Roseli Berry. 

5. Araquanid. Not necessarily difficult, but the battle lasted a long time because I wanted to make sure it wasn't. I remember seeing a few people saying they weren't prepared for it. I spent a lot of time lowering its speed and attack, and then took advantage of the rain by fighting water with water. 

6. Mimikyu. In SM it was the most difficult, but I had a lot less trouble in USUM. I'm not really sure why since I don't believe it was nerfed in any way and my team is mostly the same.

7. Marowak. The only reason it lasted more than a turn is because I didn't want to use Hydro Vortex just to have it use Detect. 

8. Ribombee. OHKO'd with Splintered Stormshards.

Real talk: SCREW. THE. TOTEM. TOGEDEMARU. I've been doing a Blind Nuzlocke of Ultra Sun, and if they has kept it as a Totem Vikavolt, I may not have lost a Pokemon to it. Like, the moves of Zing Zap, Spiky Shield, Bounce, and Iron Head is a bit over kill for this point in the game. The only was I was able to kill it was by having my Salandit ((which some how survived)) use Toxic, and just waste time until it died by Toxic. If they had made it more fair, then I would be having this issue, now would I?