Do you wish Dragonite looked more like Dragonair?

Octavius

I was curious about the community's opinion on this: Do you love the way Dragonite looks, or do you wish it retained more of the slender beauty of Dragonair? I came across this image recently https://www.deviantart.com/art/Dragonite-V2-411629213 and thought it was a really great illustration of what could have been. I personally love Dragonair and wish it evolved into something that wasn't so drastically different, but that's just me. What would you prefer?

Dragonite V2 by griffsnuff

30 minutes ago, Octavius said:

I was curious about the community's opinion on this: Do you love the way Dragonite looks, or do you wish it retained more of the slender beauty of Dragonair? I came across this image recently https://www.deviantart.com/art/Dragonite-V2-411629213 and thought it was a really great illustration of what could have been. I personally love Dragonair and wish it evolved into something that wasn't so drastically different, but that's just me. What would you prefer?

Dragonite V2 by griffsnuff

O_O

That design looks so awesome :D

I wonder if Reborn's gonna use this sprite ( if it'll exist ) someday in the future.

Edited by Ainz Ooal Gown

No. Dragonite is perfect.

....In all honesty, I think a more slender and elegant looking dragon might work if Game Freak wanted to make Dragonite a depiction of the raw power and elegance of dragons, but I feel that the chubby and somewhat derpy looking dragon that Dragonite is fits the pokedex entries for it perfectly.

Pokemon Stadium: Has intelligence on par with people. This "sea guardian" is said to be capable of flying around the globe in about 16 hours.

Pokemon Stadium 2: It is said that this Pokémon constantly flies over the immense seas and rescues drowning people.

Pokemon Emerald: It can circle the globe in just 16 hours. It is a kindhearted Pokémon that leads lost and foundering ships in a storm to the safety of land.

Pokemon Moon: Incur the wrath of this normally calm Pokémon at your peril, because it will smash everything to smithereens before it's satisfied.

I love Emerald's dex entry (I even have it memorized) but Moon's dex entry is the best.

I also feel the drastic change in apperance from Dragonair to Dragonite really depicts that Dragonite is truely a force to be reckoned with. Kinda like how the big bad usually has some weird character trait like being short or something to through you off (except Dragonite is the epitome of kindness).

EDIT: @Ainz Ooal Gown That might actually be a really cool idea to use that sprite for a corrupted Dragonite or something (PULSE Dragonite maybe?)

But otherwise Dragonite is perfect and a beautiful pokemon that should never change.

Edited by Dragoknight

simple question: Why would I? Why would I ask or demand a pokémon to be redesigned when Game Freak knows what they're doing. A slender more Asian inspired dragon would be cool, but not as Dragonite. Dragonite is the dragon that you wanna give a bear hug.

I view Dragonite as an evolution is Dragonair's adaption for harsher environment hence Multiscale as Hidden Ability. I love beautiful and slender dragon as Dragonair's evolution, not as Dragonite but as branch evolution or regional variant~

Yes please. Dragonair is elegant, mystical and powerful looking. Dragonite is cute, like a kindergarten Barney guardian. 

This would be optional.

dragonite_by_memokkeen-d5yvcup.jpg

But if they are so keen on keeping the Barney cute-gentle element, they could go for something like this.

mega_dragonite_by_pgdelirio-d8oil38.png

Yes, so much yes. I don't really dislike Dragonite, but it looks a bit too goofy for my taste. Dragonair is one of my favorite mons from a strictly aesthetic point of view, and I would have greatly appreciated a final evo that looks even remotely like it.

Yo, where's the poll?

I still remember my reaction when I was first looking at that line. Dratini. lil sea serpent dragon. cool. Dragonaire, elegant sky dragon. awesome. Dragonite. where the hell did this come from? What the hell happened? Who thought this was  good idea?!

haha, gamefreak. you pranked us. good one. now where's the real one? To this day, I have been waiting for that answer.