My Team After Beating Adrienn

Rowigrath

As the title says, I just beat Adrienn, and I thought I'd show off my current team and Pokemon in rotation. Because I'll be honest, I'm surprised I made it this far. Reborn is really difficult, as many of you know, and my team is a typical in-game team for a typical Pokemon game: how I actually managed to get 14 badges in without tearing out my hair is beyond me!

Anyways, here's my team (and the rotation Pokemon as well). Oh, and all of them have gotten Pokerus~

=Main Team=

Lv. 78 Magnezone

Modest

Ability: Analytic

Stats: HP: 218; Atk: 130; Def: 199; Sp. Atk: 270; Sp. Def: 157; Speed: 136

Item: Metal Coat

Moves: Magnet Rise, Metal Sound, Discharge, Flash Cannon

This Pokemon has been one of the two anchors for my team for... like 85% of my playthrough (though it was a Magnemite and Magneton for pretty much all of that barring the 14th gym). It's saved my team from being defeated more times than I can count, and even though it's not a perfectly bred Magnezone, I'm more than happy with how it's performed!

Lv. 77 Kingler (Female)

Adamant

Ability: Sheer Force

Stats: HP: 199; Atk: 273; Def: 216; Sp. Atk: 115; Sp. Def: 101; Speed: 150

Item: Scope Lens

Moves: Stomp, Crabhammer, Brick Break, Knock Off

My other anchor, Kingler has done just as much work for my team as my Magnezone, if not a bit more! I don't have a lot of moves currently that work great with Sheer Force (barring Stomp), but despite that, it's been a powerhouse that cannot be denied.

Lv. 73 Delphox (Male)

Timid

Ability: Magician

Stats: HP: 220; Atk: 135; Def: 140; Sp. Atk: 193; Sp. Def: 176; Speed: 206

Item: Light Clay

Moves: Psychic, Flamethrower, Light Screen, Mystical Fire

My starter. Let me just say, Light Screen and Mystical Fire can make a very dangerous combo. In a single battle, it can effectively cripple a Sp. Attacker, and allow me to heal my other Pokemon like the scrub I am~ It's not as great of a combo in double battles, but Light Screen by itself does the job just fine. Delphox is basically the reason my Kingler and Rhydon can survive special attacks. Speaking of Rhydon...

Lv. 75 Rhydon (Female)

Adamant

Ability: Rock Head

Stats: HP: 275; Atk: 246; Def: 223; Sp. Atk: 101; Sp. Def: 106; Speed: 107

Item: Wide Lens

Moves: Mega Horn, Stone Edge, Hammer Arm, Earthquake

My physical tank, and personal favorite Pokemon. Also the one Pokemon that's almost perfect in IVs (31 in everything but Attack). I wanted it to effectively hit the opponent and actually be useful, so I gave it a Wide Lens to increase accuracy. It's helped quite a bit. It wasn't super useful at first, but after awhile, it became a solid addition that I could rely on solidly.

Lv. 69 Walrein (Female) (And it's Shiny~)

Relaxed

Ability: Thick Fat

Stats: HP: 254; Atk: 139; Def: 177; Sp. Atk: 161; Sp. Def: 137; Speed: 96

Item: NeverMeltIce

Moves: Surf, Hail, Blizzard, Iron Tail

The Dragon Killer, and a mixed tank. I found it in the wild as a shiny Spheal, and I decided to keep it. It actually looks pretty dang cool~ 

Lv. 73 Lilligant (Female) (And it's Shiny~)

Timid

Ability: Own Tempo

Stats: HP: 219; Atk: 114; Def: 142; Sp. Atk: 184; Sp. Def: 137; Speed: 183

Item: None

Moves: Giga Drain, Aromatherapy, Petal Dance, Energy Ball

One of my favorite Pokemon ever, and the first Pokemon I ever got to be Shiny in an official game. Not this particular Lilligant, of course. A different one. Anyways, I've always loved this Pokemon, and so I asked to get a shiny one, and some gracious person gave me one. I believe it was Purple here in the forums... Anyways, this has been a very nice Pokemon for a long time, and I couldn't be happier with the shiny form. It's awesome!

I'll put the Pokemon in rotation in the next post~

=Rotation Pokemon=

Lv 57 Cofagrigus (Female) (It's a Shiny~)

Quiet

Ability: Mummy

Stats: HP: 141; Atk: 72; Def: 174; Sp. Atk: 143; Sp. Def: 125; Speed: 41

Moves: Destiny Bond, Shadow Ball, Trick Room, Mean Look

It's basically been a trapping, suicide 'mon for me. And it's honestly saved my bacon more than once. Not to mention the Shiny form looks amazing~ When I level it up properly, I bet it'll be a very solid contender for a spot on the main team for Episode 17! For now, it's in rotation, since I'm doing some breeding rather than leveling.

Lv. 58 Swanna (Female)

Quiet

Ability: Big Pecks

Stats: HP: 170; Atk: 122; Def: 93; Sp. Atk: 138; Sp. Def: 90; Speed: 120

Moves: Bubble Beam, Hurricane, Rain Dance, Tailwind

This Pokemon originally was only going to be used for dealing with Charlotte's field effects. And it did beautifully, despite being REALLY underleveled. So I kept it around, and I decided to put it in my rotation team. It's not perfect, but it's been solid so far, and I'm sure I'll need a Flying-type eventually~

Lv. 49 Vanilluxe (Male)

Rash

Ability: Ice Body

Stats: HP: 138; Atk: 123; Def: 97; Sp. Atk: 146; Sp. Def: 102; Speed: 87

Moves: Ice Beam, Hail, Mirror Shot, Mirror Coat

Honestly, I forgot why I have this Pokemon... But it's been useful for sure. I just have the worst memory ever, so I totally forgot when I used it. But seriously, it's a good Pokemon, and when I level it up quite a bit more, I'm sure it will do quite well against a certain Dragon-type leader~

Lv 57 Gardevoir (Female)

Calm

Ability: Trace

Stats: HP: 168; Atk: 96; Def: 104; Sp. Atk: 172; Sp. Def: 172; Speed: 119

Moves: Psychic, Calm Mind, Future Sight, Draining Kiss

I spent some time leveling this 'mon up for future battles, and to deal with Samson. My only other Fairy-type that was semi-usable was my Slurpuff and... well, I just prefer Gardevoir for a game like this one (though I happily use Slurpuff for Hackmons in Pokemon Showdown~). It's done some work, and it's pretty bulky in Special Defense as well~

Lv. 52 Ninetales (Female)

Hasty

Ability: Flash Fire

Stats: HP: 145; Atk: 109; Def: 92; Sp. Atk: 92; Sp. Def: 128; Speed: 139

Moves: Flamethrower, Extrasensory, Will-O-Wisp, Hex

I'm sure many of you can tell why I've put this 'mon in rotation rather than my main team: that special attack is actually garbage. However, for a Fire-type, it's got some good HP and Sp. Def. Here's why: other than the Special Attack, all of the stats' IVs are 31. The special attack's IVs? ...3. Anyways, I'll just have to change its nature with a Heart Scale later and level it up a bit. Then it should be much better. Also, the moveset for this Ninetales ain't too bad, so I plan on keeping it for the sake of additional coverage~

Anyways, thanks y'all for sticking around my team descriptions for so long! Let me know what you think, and what 'mons could be good replacements for Episode 17! Have a lovely day, and happy training

I think you have some nice pokemon and of course its personal preference.

If I would play with your team I would use an ability capsule on ninetails (drought gives you a boost on your fire attacks and weakens water, so its perfect)

Vanilux next episode will get snow warning, this can be good or bad for your team, specially with walrein. Blizard hax :3 so you can change hail with some other attack

My own lilligant has sleep powder and quiver dance as suport moves, this means if you outspeed your oponent and with a little luck you can get a nice boost, do it a few times and its unstopable. For recovery gigadrain.

The rest of your pokemon seem nice

I would hunt for A-ninetails, its the perfect dragon killer and its just beautifull. You should train something that can kill fighting types, since your team is a bit weak for them (thats why training a bit gardevoir or swanna would help)

Hope this helped, and I really like you using Lilligant

Alolan Ninetales is out? Oh goodness, where have I been? Oh yeah, I was battling Fern and Blaze for 3 hours straight... God that battle was such a DRAG.

Anyways, that's a very good suggestion. And yes, I do need more Pokemon to handle Fighting-types: honestly, Delphox can't do the job on his own, since it's main role is for support. And yeah, I can't believe I missed out of Quiver Dance Lilligant... I'll have to find out how to grab that and Sleep Powder ASAP. I need Sleep Powder anyways: I don't have reliable status infliction for capturing Pokemon, and I don't want my Magnezone to kill something like a Shiny by accident. And good point, I've got plenty of ability capsules so I can grab a Drought Ninetales really fast. Then I can have the Rainbow Field if I combine it with my Swanna's Rain Dance~

And Vanilluxe will be getting Snow Warning? Yes~ That'll stop those dang Dragons cold! Could have used that against the Garchomp on the mountain, but oh well. At least I can snag it now~ Thanks for the tips!

Ah, gotcha. Time to find some Luvdisc and take their Heart Scales! And I can probably find another Pokemon to use Sleep Powder with, someone a bit lower in level so I can reliably capture Pokemon. But thanks for the advice once again! I'll get to work on that right away~

Maybe give your Rhydon an Eviolite or evolve her? Missing a crucial Stone Edge or Megahorn is painful, but the Eviolite would provide a massive boost in bulk on both sides. If you choose to evolve her, Solid Rock is also a great ability for a tank, plus you can keep the Wide Lens on.

Also, I'd switch out Flamethrower on Delphox for Dazzling Gleam (more coverage), Will-O-Wisp (more support opportunities) or Fire Blast (more power; he's one level away from learning it). You can just reteach Flamethrower via TM should you dislike the change.

Edited by CMV
added stuff

Eviolite isn't out yet, I don't believe. I haven't found the Protector, but it might have to wait until the next Episode as well, if the only way to get one is in the Department Store on Floor 11. But yes, when I plan to do so, I will definitely evolve my Rhydon. As for the Delphox, if I can find the Will-O-Wisp TM (or if I can grab another Heart Scale for the move relearner) I'll probably switch out Flamethrower, since damage really isn't what Delphox needs to do. It's most about damage control before anything else~ Good advice all around, so thank you!

Eviolite and protector are both available. Protector is in Iolia Valley. Assuming you have all four crystal plugs, go to the upper right cave in the valley, and use the purple crystal to change the path towards where the sableye event is. It should be right outside the cave, right before the sableye event cave. Eviolite is in Azurine Lake. It's available via diving. If you haven't begun unlocking the various buildings/rooms down there, bring your itemfinder and get to work. Eviolite is in building F10, but you'll have to open a number of other buildings and get a bunch of other keys/items before you get there. And I'm sure there are youtube guides to help you figure out exactly where both of these items are. Good luck!

Edited by Octavius

Really? I had no idea. Well... looks like I know what I'm going to be looking for. And apparently I've got the weird glitch for one of the stickers: the one in the railnet where the guy doesn't show up where he's supposed to be. So I can't do that one yet, since I wanted to renovate the slums. In that case, I'm gonna go for Protector and just evolve my Rhydon into Rhyperior. Thanks for the heads-up on that!