Z ring and the Mega ring

Maqqy

I think the thing that I'm probably the most excited about in reborn is the mega ring and to finally use mega evolution. Although I might be over my head by thinking this will be implemented in E17. I am however betting that we will get it before Elite four. Maybe we will get z crystals early same with the Z ring? Considering how far we are into the game and the level gap is steadily getting closer to 100. Nevertheless, super excited on how the event for both will play out. 

Edited by Maqqy

• Global Mods

I think we'll get both eventually, and I think either one could possibly be gotten in this episode, though I doubt the Z-ring will be early if we do get it within current progression.

What I'm wondering is after what point gym leaders and significant trainers will start packing Z-moves (I.E Mega's start from Ceil onward.)

I actually think now would be a good moment for Ame to implement the Mega Ring, as we've already face gym leaders with Mega Evolution. Also, it was in Ame's mind to add it in ep 16, but that went like "No. Yes? Maybe.... *slaps herself on the cheek* NO!", so maybe we're lucky

36 minutes ago, BRS swag said:

I believe Z-moves will start from E17 itself coz it's a part of the new Gen 7 battle mechanics. Starting from Titania.

It may be earlier in the games, such after Luna or even at the beginning of the games. And if we continue from E16, we will automatically get it from Adrienn's room like how we got the Field Effect dex in E16, hopefully.

48 minutes ago, DongDenny said:

It may be earlier in the games, such after Luna or even at the beginning of the games. And if we continue from E16, we will automatically get it from Adrienn's room like how we got the Field Effect dex in E16, hopefully.

yeah... no. Z-move will be late midgame or late game as it's earliest. we all know Ame, and we know how she wouldn't let Z-moves make the game easier by handing those moves out early

I hope that by the time trainers using z moves are implemented we either have the mega ring, the z ring or that the trainers do not use both mega pokemon and z moves in the same battle because otherwise it would be an example of fake difficulty. Reborn should be hard but fair.

If at least some of the Z-Crystals are obtainable before the city restoration in the new version, I'm pretty curious about how that is gonna work for people who just update their version to E17 and start from there as opposed to people who will do a new run of the game. Will it work like the PULSE Dex and the Field Notes, which were added automatically for people who updated from E15 to E16, or are they gonna be available in side quests regardless of the city restoration?

I don't really know about Z-moves, but about Mega-evolutions i try not to get hyped.

I really want to ue mega-charizard Y and Mega-lucario but i'm afraid that, at best, i will get them just before E-4.

We may get megaring this episode, although i doubt it, but in this case we won't have the mega-evolution stones soon ( i mean the most powerful ones)

I'd say the chances of getting the Mega Ring on this episode are pretty high, considering Ame thought about handing it on E16, but I don't think we'll get the Z-Ring too solely because it's just too versatile, so 'balacing' it would make the game development a lot harder than it currently is.

• 2 weeks later...