Where you found Reborn from

BanananaK

I've always been curious on where people found Reborn from, so I figured I should make a topic asking for curiosity's sake.

To kick start the topic, I'll say where I found Reborn from.

Where I ended up finding Reborn and all of it's fellow fan games from was a channel called PKMN Rob. He's one of the funniest guys on youtube IMO (Although on youtube is not a way I'd really describe him since he stopped doing Pokemon entirely and set up his own successful and very entertaining show and website but that's not super relevant). He did a 30ish episode series on Reborn and shortly after, since it looked so fun, I decided to try and play it. It took me several months IIRC because my old computer was pretty trash and I needed to get a new one for a while so I had to get one and then remember that I was going to play Reborn (the second one was probably what took more time) 

Now I'm also very curious if anyone else found Reborn off of Rob after writing this topic :P

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it in a post on Tumblr I think... I remember thinking the screenshots were super flashy, looking in awe at all those field effects ("OMG the environment is going to be finally useful") and maybe the fact that every starter was available... And here I am (?

Technically, I found it two separate times.  

The first was last September/October, I believe, where I randomly found it.  I was searching for pokemon romhacks or fangames that had mega-evolution.  I read about it on an off-site download first, but I wanted to get it from the main site, since I was more skeptical of downloads at that time.  Unfortunately, the main site (which I now know as the forums) were down due to maintenance.  I'm not sure if this was the transition to the new server, but I think it fits the timing.  While, I was waiting for the site to come back up, I completely forgot about Reborn once I found Pokemon Gaia.

The second time was when a Poketuber I followed announced that Episode 16 was being released and him continuing his Let's Play of it in a few weeks.  This was former Youtuber (now Twitch Streamer, I believe), Ultimaalmighty.   That was when I remembered the game/site from a few months back and came to the site.  It was the community release, so I made an account to download it.  I didn't start using the forums until I had a question back in January........and the rest is history.

Edited by seki108

I once saw my brother play it and at first I was like "dude why are you playing a pokémon game, that's really chilidish" (Boy was I wrong). So after a while I was bored and looked it up and started playing it, he told me it was pretty hard and I love me a challenge. I quickly noticed that this wasn't your average Pokémon game and got hooked on the story. I've Been playing ever since and love the community here.

A random 9gag post, in the summer of 2016, with a screenshot of Reborn (specifically, the starter room). And in true 9gag fashion, game wasn't mentioned in title, it just said something like "A great Pokemon game, and it's made by fans" or something along those lines. But thankfully plenty of comments and people mentioning that it is "Pokemon Reborn"

Let's see... I was watching Cowsep's League of Legends stream on Twitch.tv, then he played some Pokemon Zeta between the LoL games, while waiting in queue. Then, someone in chat also suggested Pokemon Reborn. I played Pokemon Zeta first, then Reborn, about a year later. I'm glad I did it this way, or I would've probably given up if I faced Reborn's difficulty straight away. Bear in mind that I hadn't played any Pokemon since Pokemon Red/Blue versions.

Edited by Jess

Back in 2013, a YouTuber called UnlawfulExile (still active btw) played it. He didn't finish it but after I watched every episode he made on it, I decided to download it and ever since then, I've been a Pokémon Reborn fan. I never made an account here til last year and never posted anything til like the beginning of the year but yea. That's my story. Haha.

Played the game per recommendation from my last ex. I originally wasn't terribly interested in it, since I was wary of how edgy it seemed, but after some days of hearing about various struggles with tough battles I decided to give it a go and see if I could do better.

Ended up actually liking the game, much to my surprise. Didn't intend to join the forums, but my ex lost interest in the game soon after finishing it, and I wanted to have someone to talk to about it. Wouldn't have predicted that I'd stay, though.

Hmm... I think I just saw an add or a link for "Pokemon fangames you haven't played, but should" or something like that. My reactions was, "Pokemon fangames are a thing???" So I followed the link and Reborn was one of the games it talked about. I thought it sounded the best, so I downloaded it, and I loved it. 

• Global Mods

I recommended Insurgence to a friend a couple years ago, he happened to download reborn at the same time while looking for it, I saw it on his computer and inquired, he said it looked kind of interesting but he hadn't even gotten to the first gym, and he didn't end up playing any more. A while later I got bored, remembered seeing that so I downloaded it, fell in love and played the shit out of it (E15) and then told my friend to forget about Insurgence and go back and play Reborn. He still hasn't played Insurgence and we're both very hyped for E17.

I don't really watch shofu, but when I was way younger I saw the start of his LP randomly on youtube, so I checked the game out. This was back when the game had I think 3 gyms. I was really bad at the game so I quit after the pulse tangrowth (good thing because I don't think I was the right age demo yet). Flash forward to last February and I got sick one day and stayed home from school. I was looking for a new pokemon fan game/rom hack to play (I had already played Glazed, Uranium, and vega to completion at this point, even completing the pokedex in Vega and Uranium), that,s when I remembered Reborn. I looked it up, ended up on these forums, and have loved it ever since (Oh and no, I didn't beat the whole thing in a sick day, this was still my senior year in high school so I usually only played for about 2 hours a day so many days of play time were dedicated solely to grinding and overall it took me about 3 weeks to get to the end of episode 16)

13 minutes ago, DreamblitzX said:

I recommended Insurgence to a friend a couple years ago, he happened to download reborn at the same time while looking for it, I saw it on his computer and inquired, he said it looked kind of interesting but he hadn't even gotten to the first gym, and he didn't end up playing any more. A while later I got bored, remembered seeing that so I downloaded it, fell in love and played the shit out of it (E15) and then told my friend to forget about Insurgence and go back and play Reborn. He still hasn't played Insurgence and we're both very hyped for E17.

Not saying to abandon reborn, but insurgence is complete now and It's really fun, some battles even have difficulty comparable to, if not harder than Reborn (that I can attest).

1 minute ago, pokemastercj1 said:

Not saying to abandon reborn, but insurgence is complete now and It's really fun, some battles even have difficulty comparable to, if not harder than Reborn (that I can attest).

Two thing's:   1) "Complete".....Ha.     2) "Harder than Reborn".......Ha.

2 minutes ago, seki108 said:

Two thing's:   1) "Complete".....Ha.     2) "Harder than Reborn".......Ha.

Two things: 1) What do you mean Ha to complete? The whole story, every gym, the elite four and champion, a second smaller region, and a ton of new megas and over 200 delta species, I don't understand how that isn't complete. 2) Audrey, second fight.

For me, when i got bored with main pokemon games and started to google around for pokemon games, and i saw Reborn's one of the best fangame. Then i downloaded it, played it and already destroyed by Julia XP, ( my first Ep is E15, few months before E16's out ), because of that, i learned much more about type and damage advantage, and also learned about field effects in E16. For me, Reborn's is a really good game with not-your-average-main-pokemon story ( I love the edginess of the story because i predicted that this is 100% accurate about what happens if Pokemon exists in the RL. ) 

Edited by Ainz Ooal Gown

2 hours ago, Sardines said:

A random 9gag post, in the summer of 2016, with a screenshot of Reborn (specifically, the starter room). And in true 9gag fashion, game wasn't mentioned in title, it just said something like "A great Pokemon game, and it's made by fans" or something along those lines. But thankfully plenty of comments and people mentioning that it is "Pokemon Reborn"

Exactly the same story here.

Hmmmm

I forget where exactly....

I think I was looking up Nuzlocke forums for reasons I now forget, and I found Derogatory Trainer's playthrough of them game and loved it

So I found the game and downloaded it

And beat it

And now abuse it's 1% shiny rate

28 minutes ago, pokemastercj1 said:

1) What do you mean Ha to complete? The whole story, every gym, the elite four and champion, a second smaller region, and a ton of new megas and over 200 delta species, I don't understand how that isn't complete

Numerous game-breaking bugs and glitches that haven't been fixed for months.  Numerous TM's simply forgotten about.  Two mega evolutions being completely inaccessable.  It's 'complete' but certainly not finished.

28 minutes ago, pokemastercj1 said:

2) Audrey, second fight

Challenging, but nowhere near the Hell of Reborn's fire leader......even Shelly gave me a harder time.      Both E4 champions were definitely hard, though I can't compare them to Reborn's E4 for obvious reasons.  Not to mention the Pokemon and item distributions throw any game balance out the window early.

Outside of major fights, the A.I. fights like a drunk toddler and I don't think Suze even bothered putting good moves on any random trainers (ei.  A Lucario that didn't know a single attacking move).

Anyway, that's enough ripping on Insurgence.  I don't want to be the one to lead the thread off topic.

Edited by seki108

• Global Mods
19 minutes ago, pokemastercj1 said:

Yea I've played through Insurgence 1.1 and 1.2, and it was enjoyable enough, it certainly didn't hold a candle to reborn/rejuv for me. Some battles may have been kind of hard, but they didn't have the well crafted complexity feeling. felt like a lazy difficulty. as I said though, still reasonably fun, and my friend will probably finally get around to playing it this break too.