Question about breeding

Razkar

Hey!

First, sorry if this is the wrong section of the forum, but as the breeding here is in Team Showcase I picked this section up to ask my question

So, this is first time I am doing IV breeding, so this might be obvious for you, but some points were not clear for me after reading the guides.

So I'am trying to breed a perfect IV Chimchar, here is my situation:

I have a chimchar with 3 perfect IV (attack, def, HP) and a ditto The game won't give me a female chimchar ><). The way i understand things, if i give a destiny knot to my chimchar 5 of the 6 IV should be passed to babies, so they should have at leat 2 perfect IV. But i guess i understand something wrong cause i'm getting baby with only 1 perfect IV.

Can someone help me out and explain to me where is my mistake ?

Edited by Razkar

Yeah I think it's 5 IVs from the parents combined, not just the parent holding the destiny knot, therefore I would recommend giving the chimchar  power item for one of the perfect IVs and giving the destiny knot to the other pokemon, if that pokemon doesn't have any perfect IVs

Not completely sure but has seemed to work fine with the little IV breeding I've done in reborn

So it's not 5 out 6, it's 5 out of the 12 IVs both parents have. So it'll still take awhile. Also, I think Chimchar only has a 12.5% of it being female. So you're gonna have to be patient on this one.

-- Edit: Dang, I was beat to the punch :D 

Edited by Dante52

Oh, ty :)

Ok another question:

Now i have my female, so i have two chimchar with both 3 perfect IV, one holding destiny knot.

I just have to wait for luck to have a chimchar with 4 perfect IV right ?

Same way once i have 2 chimchar with 5 perfect IV - holding destiny knot - i just have to wait for the 6 perfect IV ?

So i, moreover, i want a shiny i have to spend hours with this, there is nothing tthat can be done to be sure to have a perfect IV pokemon ?

1 minute ago, Razkar said:

Oh, ty :)

Ok another question:

Now i have my female, so i have two chimchar with both 3 perfect IV, one holding destiny knot.

I just have to wait for luck to have a chimchar with 4 perfect IV right ?

Same way once i have 2 chimchar with 5 perfect IV - holding destiny knot - i just have to wait for the 6 perfect IV ?

So i, moreover, i want a shiny i have to spend hours with this, there is nothing tthat can be done to be sure to have a perfect IV pokemon ?

Basically, but you can give a power item to guarantuee an iv to be passed down. The iv that will be passed down is the iv matching the power item of the hoitem. It doe use up one of the 5 iv passed down from parents so in that case 4 iv will be chosen from the parent.

do they have perfect IVs in identical stats? if so, then i would recommend either seeing if you have any other pokemon that are within the same egg group and have perfect IVs in some other stats 

Or just give them both power items (for example in attack and HP ) and hope that you get lucky and get the three hereditary perfect IVs + some extras

21 minutes ago, Razkar said:

Well, almost, one has spe attack, the other has def, the other 2 are the same, and yep i have pokemons of the same egg group with 31 in the 2 stats left.

Ok, so i think i understand how IV breeding works, ty all guys for the help :)

No problem, happy to help. Have fun breeding for those 6 IV mons then. 

Also, it's easier to get 6IV mons if you have two 5IV parents (optimally one 6IV parent), so if you want you can take a look at the Reborn breeders' threads to see if they might have a useful base to work with :P