5th time i go through reborn but first time i cant beat corey

Linkz

So this is the my 5th reborn playthrough and this is the first time i cant beat corey does anyone have any advide.
My team is

Sylevon(got eve on wondertrade) - lvl35
Combusken(starter) - lvl 34
Grimer(caught) - lvl 29
Shiny noibat(wondertrade) - 28 

Edited by Linkz

First of all, did you evolve your torchic or are you just saying you had torchic as your starter and it's actually a combusken? Also, I guess you should try to get a psychic type or a ground type (Although I don't think you actually have access to many ground types yet). I'm no pro, but I suggest getting that espurr in Peridot Ward or, on a rainy day, I think you can get a numel (also in Peridot Ward), but I'm not sure. Now that I think about it, you can catch a bunnelby just outside the gym and get a gothita for going back to the library and doing a sidequest.

2 minutes ago, Jk_Garchomp said:

First of all, did you evolve your torchic or are you just saying you had torchic as your starter and it's actually a combusken? Also, I guess you should try to get a psychic type or a ground type (Although I don't think you actually have access to many ground types yet). I'm no pro, but I suggest getting that espurr in Peridot Ward or, on a rainy day, I think you can get a numel (also in Peridot Ward), but I'm not sure. Now that I think about it, you can catch a bunnelby just outside the gym and get a gothita for going back to the library and doing a sidequest.

I had forgot of gothita thanks for reminding me.

40 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

swoobat really is a safe bet. and if possible getting a mon with Flame Burst can help KO a set mon if you Correy uses the Corrosive mist

Preferably that Skuntank. This thing is too tanky.

Other than what the others have already mentioned, Nidoking and Klink are excellent picks. Both don't get poisoned, both don't care about Poison attacks, and both can tank everything Crobat throws at them, especially if the corrosive mist is up and Crobat's Flying moves get an additional Poison typing.

• Developers
5 hours ago, Jk_Garchomp said:

Isn't Gothita only available after Corey? I wanted to use it against him once in the past but the sidequest was not available until after I defeated him... It might have been changed in some later episode though.

9 hours ago, baldr said:

Isn't Gothita only available after Corey? I wanted to use it against him once in the past but the sidequest was not available until after I defeated him... It might have been changed in some later episode though.

Hmm... well, I remember it being post Beryl Pulse Tangrowth, but suddenly, you're making me doubt myself...

• Developers
On 11. 11. 2017 at 5:49 AM, Jk_Garchomp said:

Hmm... well, I remember it being post Beryl Pulse Tangrowth, but suddenly, you're making me doubt myself...

I checked in RMXP. Gothitelle only appears if the flag "Third Gym Done" is set. And this flag is switched on only after Corey is beaten.

Too bad. I feel like using Gothorita against Corey would be the only reason I'd ever try training her. Getting her just after Corey is pointless.

Corey was definitely one of the hardest gyms I fought against, mostly because I kinda messed up and had to fight in the poison mist.

Became easier though when I decide to make a pokemon commit kamikaze and remove the mist (and itself).

Edited by Noctelis