[Epilogue] Chronicles of the Onyx Arcade Mafia [Town Win]

Daniel Blackworth

Chronicles of the Onyx Arcade Mafia

A pleasant day to you! I am Myrmidon Divergent, one of your dynamic hosts, and I thank you for opening this thread. To the people who’ve played mafia here, it has been nearly six months since we’ve started this continuous flow of mafia games. 

We’ve been challenged at times – searching for answers in worlds where clues may be hard to find. We’ve been through different kinds of experiences, and we’ve been through both happy and sad times, not only in the mafia games we played in, but also in the interactions we had. 

I’m grateful to be a part of the community we’ve built together, and in commemoration of nearly 6 months together and the end of the 1st Season of Mafia, I’ll be hosting the Chronicles of the Onyx Arcade Mafia – a game where a new level of mafia is shown.

Obviously, all players who may or may not have played before are welcome here. If you’re inexperienced, don’t worry – you may ask me via PM or Discord or visit the Reborn Mafia Discord Chat at https://discord.gg/qNfjbar for tips and entertaining discussion.

I. WHAT IS MAFIA AND HOW IS IT PLAYED? [AN OVERVIEW]

Mafia is a social deduction game which requires analyzing, cooperation, and looking through lies. There are two main factions in a mafia game: the Uninformed Majority [Town], who have to find others of their kind while hunting for the mafia, and the Informed Minority [Mafia], who have a private chat and plan there on how they should trick the town and whom they should kill. There may also be Third Party or Independent roles, which have different agendas and win conditions.

At the beginning of the game, players receive a PM or a DM (in some cases) with their role and alignment.

There are two major phases in a Mafia game:

(1) The Day Phase – Typically lasting 48 hours, players use this opportunity to discuss about several things, which may include the outcome of the previous phases, behavior of players, and flow of the game; the ultimate goal in the day phase is for the Town players to find the Mafia slowly while Mafia players have to blend in carefully. Before the day ends, players must vote for a player whom they want to be eliminated on grounds of suspicion and the player receiving the most votes will be eliminated.

(2) The Night Phase – Typically lasting 24 hours, the thread is considered “locked” at this point and players may not comment at all. Instead, players with night actions, special abilities related to their role, may use these to aid their faction. The Mafia also discusses in the private chat on whom to dispose of.

The game continues until one of the major factions attains their win condition or unless it is no longer possible.

What makes this different from a normal game of Mafia?

(1) This is a semi-closed setup – roles to be used are unspecified (although there is a list of potential roles).

(2) Players may have the liberty to choose the character they want to play as; though, they may also let RNG decide. (read the section on roles to find out how this works)

(3) Roles and alignment will be revealed when someone dies, along with the official Role PM.

II. OPENING NARRATIVE

[The narrative is a work of fiction – none of the characters, events, and other related inputs are in any way canon to the plot of Pokemon Reborn]

It’s the 21st Century – an age of technology, advancement, and progress!

In the Reborn Region, peace was challenged again and again by the enormous threat of Team Meteor, which continued to ravage the land. But all was settled after a band of heroes from a distant land came and changed the region entirely.

75 years passed after the restoration began and the region became unlike no other in the world of Pokemon.

Reborn City, which had once been an apocalyptic site, had been restored to a great metropolis, rivalling large cities like Lumiose and Castelia. Peace and Order – values the city have always wanted to have, have been attained, but as history had always shown, good things never last for a long time.

Mysterious disappearances have occurred in the city. Suspicious people have been seen roaming the empty streets at night. Secret deals were made in the darkness of the side alley. A strange omen was arising – and it wasn’t just coming from one source.

Several innocents have noted that Team Valiant, an underground organization, have been responsible for some of the recent disappearances and suspicious movement in the city. They say the organization is led by a man, whose intentions are unclear...?

Some reliable sources have also stated that the Lumina Association, one of the powerful humanitarian aid organizations, is making moves and secret deals somewhere. Who knows what they’re up to?

Despite these shady businesses, the Keepers of the Onyx Arcade, a vigilante group of concerned citizens, have started organizing their forces in the hopes of preserving the peace in the city.

What will happen to Reborn City in the end? Play and find out!

III. FACTIONS

Keepers of the Onyx Arcade– They are the Uninformed Minority or the Town. They find meaning in looking for the scum in society and aim to build trust among them. Their goal is to eliminate all threats to the town.

Team Valiant – The first of the Mafia factions, headed by a man – their plan is to blend in with the town, ready to betray in time. They have a factional kill every night. Their goal is to equal or outnumber all other players combined.

Lumina Association – The second of the Mafia factions, headed by a woman – their plan is to build the trust of the town, while bearing hidden malicious intent. They have a factional kill every night. Their goal is to equal or outnumber all other players combined.

Third Party – They are mysterious people, who work independently to achieve certain specific goals.

IV. ROLES

This game, like the introduction had told you, is a semi-closed setup, signifying that roles will not be explicitly given, but instead, you, as players, will have to find out what each character can do from the hint word (from the Role PM) that will be given.

Also, like Pokemon: Choose your Own Character Mafia, you can choose the character you play as by PMing me your choice or you can PM me with “random” if you want RNG to decide. Due to likely overlaps, you must PM me with 5 choices in order of preference to avoid such.

Example PM: (1) Divergent, (2) Megagun, (3) Alistair… and so on

Do not share your choices with anyone. Your chosen character will reflect your role – choose wisely!

Here are your choices: (theme is, of course, Mafia Players of then and now)

1. Alistair
2. Megagun
3. LykosHand
4. Paul25
5. Purplecicada

6. Venus
7. Anti_Hero
8. Eviora
9. Digital Amber
10. EndearingCharacterTrait

11. Lord Drakyle
12. Jace Stormkirk
13. Sailboat
14. HUEnd
15.  Refty365

16. Roswell
17. Shadowsusanoo
18. Alphagar
19. HongaarseBeer
20. Cataline

21. Dark Rogue
22. Quinnox
23. Hooligan
24. Snowy Amine
25. Nagisa Hideyoshi

26. Divergent
27. Seal
28. Corso
29. Yinyang9705
30. Sosobean

All roles are taken from here, so you may use it as a reference to infer what role someone has or alternatively, as mafia, you may use it for fakeclaims and the like: https://epicmafia.com/role

V. RULES

(1) The Reborn Forum rules apply here.

(2) All Player Discussion must be kept in the thread; mandated special private chats may also be utilized. Other forms of contact outside of these such as Private Chats without the Host’s permission, IRL contact, and other methods are not allowed.

(3) Day Phase lasts for 48 hours. Players must make at least 2 posts and vote per day phase. Failure to meet this requirement for two day phases (even non consecutive) will result in replacement or mod intervention.

(4) Voting is done in the format: [Eliminate] Player Name or in similar formats. Changing of votes may be done in this format: [Unvote] Player Name. All votes must be placed in bold or they are not counted. In the case of a tie in votes, a no lynch will ensue.

(5) Night Phase lasts for 24 hours. Players are not allowed to comment in the thread. Violation of this rule will result in warning (1st offence) and disqualification (2nd offence).

(6) Sharing of Role PMs – through screenshots, verbatim copying, or other forms – to other players is illegal. Consequences will be given to violators.

(7) If you are eliminated in any way, you may have a final post, that will not reflect critical game information such as night actions and the like.

(8) Actions – day or night – should be sent to me via PM (Forums) or DM (Discord).

(9) Editing of posts is discouraged. If you have minor corrections, you may do so, but if you wish to have additions, you must make a new post or quote your previous post if you wish to highlight the addition.

(10) Respect the host and other players! Have fun!

Special thanks to the Reborn Mafia Community for the support they have given and for making this possible!

Please comment below if you will be participating. Submit the PM with your choice of characters as soon as possible!

Edited by Myrmidon Divergent

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm game for playing some meta-Mafia. Fair warning that I may not be as active on weekends as weekdays, since I'm doing Redemption. Should still be safely within the post requirement, but just in case.

For reference though, can I just DM you my wanted roles? It's noted as being OK for the role actions, but not for submitting, and I'm just wanting to be sure.

Chronicles of the Onyx Arcade Mafia

Chapter One [Day]

The streets of Onyx Ward were relatively quiet and empty in the early parts of the Day. Even though the arcade in the area ran for 24 hours in a day, the place was still characteristically quiet during dawn. This day was different, however - two people wearing robes which had hoods to cover most of their face were walking around towards someplace in the covers of the early morning.

"Are you sure that there's a report of a mangled body in Obsidia Ward?" One of the hooded figures asked his partner.

"Yes," His partner answered. "Divergent told me about it and asked me to check it with you, so that we can have a good degree of security, in case those suspicious characters pounced on us as well."

"Alright. I think we're getting close."

They reached the back alley of the part, where apparently this man named Divergent led them to in the hopes of gaining information on the mysterious organization called Team Valiant, who seemed to be interested in targetting certain individuals of society while they hid in the shadows.

"This foul smell...!" The first hooded figure said.

True enough, when the two approached the alley, they noticed a reeking corpse which seemed to have been strangled and stabbed repeatedly. Their had seemed to be signs of struggle.

"It seems it is true that they exist. We must inform Divergent." The two said as they left the vicinity and started to walk back to the Onyx Arcade Headquarters.

As the two walked back, they noticed strange disturbances. Someone or some people seemed to be on their trail, but they couldn't seem to locate where these people were. They walked faster in the hopes of losing these people who might be on pursuit, but the footsteps were getting more richer in sound, and they decided to take off running, but as they ran, the shadows behind them seemed to grow larger and they surprisingly found themselves cornered in a dead end.

"Look what we have here," A voice was heard from the misty parts of the opening of the dead end. "Looks like they're part of that vigilante group called the Keepers of the Onyx Arcade."

"Who are you...?" The first hooded figure asked.

"You don't know me?" A woman appeared from the shadows. "Your leader, Divergent, seemed to have some dirt on me, regarding my exploits in the Lumina Association. I can't let him ruin my career. You'll have to pay. Agents, dispose of them."

"Lumina Association...? That's the organization Venus warned us to steer clear off!" The first hooded man murmured in fear.

"We won't tell anything. Please, I beg of you; leave us alone," The second hooded man uttered in pity as he noticed the gravity of their plight.

"It's alright. You won't be talking when you're dead," The woman chuckled as she looked at her agents approach the two Keepers of the Onyx Arcade.

Just then, another hooded man jumped and leapt at the two agents who were nearly reaching the two keepers.

"Venus!!!" The woman from Lumina Association exclaimed. "Agents, dispose of him as well."

The agents tried to approach him, but he knocked them down with a roundhouse kick. He then looked back and tried to see where the woman was, but it appeared she was had escaped, probably in fear of getting caught in his attacks.

"We better head to HQ now." Venus told the two. "Those two organizations we have to keep in check."

》》》》》☆《《《《《

Chapter One has started. You have 48 hours to discuss about different topics which may involve possible roles for certain individuals, hunting for members of the mafia groups, and the most important point would be to vote out someone for this day. You may not abstain from voting.

》》》》》☆《《《《《

Chronicles of the Onyx Arcade Characters:

Myrmidon Divergent as your Storyteller

1. Roswell as ???
2. Jace Stormkirk as ???
3. Lord Drakyle as ???
4. LykosHand as ???
5. Anti_Hero as ???
6. Hongaarse Beer as ???
7. Alistair as ???
8. Seal as ???
9. Paul25 as ???