The furthest Ive ever gotten.....Aya

Kaizon

Alright guys, I'm up to Aya.

This is the furthest I've ever gotten in a previous play before my hard drive got wiped and i do remember dealing with the wasteland and constantly losing.

Here's the team:

Magneton - Level 45 - Mirror Shot, Charge Beam, Discharge, Flash Cannon

Noctowl: - Level 43 - Zen Headbutt, Uproar, Reflect, Air Slash

Dusclops - Level 45 - Shadow Sneak, Pursuit, Shadow Punch, Shadow Ball

Growlithe - Level 45 - Flare Blitz, Flamethrower, Heat Wave, Close Combat

Kricketune - Level 43 - X-Scissor, Slash, Night Slash, Cut

Golem - Level 45 - Rock Blast, Smack Down, Earthquake, Rock Smash

Keep using magneton , and if possible catch another steel pokemon such as klink ( on the railnet ).

Also keep dusclops , golem ( even if the field is hard for him but he will tank some hits ) and noctowl with his zen headbutt.

Kricketune isn't really usefull here , same as growlithe if he hasn't evolved yet. 

I know there are not common , but try to find an inkay on byxbysion , malamar should be great here.

Edited by Zarc

In addition to what @Zarc said, buy a male Nidoran (with Hustle ability, soft reset for this, as it turns to Sheer Force when it becomes a Nidoking) from the Game centre. Wait till it learns Poison Jab at 43 as Nidorino to have something to hit Venusaur too, then Moon Stone it into Nidoking. He will learn Earth Power, which is Special and doesn't get weakened by the Field like physical Ground type attacks (like Earthquake) do.

EV train him at Speed and Sp. Attack fully.

Have fun sweeping Aya.

IF you dont want to catch other mons:

Get kricketune to the max lvl, it needs to have technician and relearn it fury cutter. I don't think the poison types are extremely fast which aya's using, but i can be wrong (maybe you need to speed IV it but that might take time). Anyways, if kricketune could potentially defeat 1 or 2 of aya's mon and waste 1 ultra potion of aya. (perhaps start with noctowl reflect and switch in kricketune when noctowl is ded)

(IMO this is the only way kricketune is a bit viable, especially against poison)

Also look at the field, it will weaken your golems earthquake. I dont know the name of the field but look it up and see or you can destroy it.

Growithe might be good against a few but not great (don't evolve him untill he learns his last moves)

IF you want to catch other mons:

As other ppl suggested, steel pokemons should do the trick, maybe aron is available for you at this point ?

Noctowl could be changed for other psychic or flying, i dont like noctowl as a flying type and he doesnt have STAB moves for psychic... so you could replace it.

Technician: Moves with a base power of 60 or less are boosted in power by 50%

Fury Cutter bug.gif physical.png 40 95 20 --
The target is slashed with scythes or claws. Its power increases if it hits in succession.

Can't emphasize enough how good Sheer Force Nidoking is, with Earth Power and the Sludge Wave TM you'll get from Aya. It'll also be vastly helpful against Fern, Cain, Noel and potentially others. Definitely worth raising one.

Growlithe doesn't learn anything by level up after level 45, so definitely evolve it into arcanine. I'm pretty sure a fire stone is available to the player at that point in the game. iirc, there's one in the bottom floor of the apophyll volcano, I think by the heatmor event? And if not, you can soft-reset until you get one by mining. Other than that, everyone has given good advice here. Not sure if you're dead set on using kricketune for the entire game, but by Aya it has probably already seen its best use and just won't be as powerful as other options. But that isn't a reason not to use it, of course! Good luck with the rest of your run!

18 hours ago, Octavius said:

Growlithe doesn't learn anything by level up after level 45, so definitely evolve it into arcanine. I'm pretty sure a fire stone is available to the player at that point in the game. iirc, there's one in the bottom floor of the apophyll volcano, I think by the heatmor event? And if not, you can soft-reset until you get one by mining. Other than that, everyone has given good advice here. Not sure if you're dead set on using kricketune for the entire game, but by Aya it has probably already seen its best use and just won't be as powerful as other options. But that isn't a reason not to use it, of course! Good luck with the rest of your run!

I'm not dead set on using Kricketune, i have now aquired the Medicham and am training it up