Need help vs Bennett(2)

Dev.One

Hey forum,

For now I'm posting my question because I'm super stuck and I really do want to continue playing Reborn (Episode 16 or 17?). Yet I have never played pokemon this competetive. Before Luna's gym I need to face Bennett in Dark Crystal Cavern. (It's his second combat) Sadly enough I find quite a vulnerability in my team as I am completely obliterated by him and his collection of bug and whatnot pokemon. What can I do?

My main team is

Houndoom 58 

Meowstic 61

Serperior 61

Pangoro 62

Gravelar 58

Ninjask 62

Half of them are vulnerable to bug and versus the other half he has grass/fire moves. Bugs with fire moves, who comes up with this stuff?

I'm now training

Magneton 45 (To replace Pangoro or Houndoom)

Noivern 57 (To replace Gravelar)

So the questions are:

- Do you think my replacements are good?

- Where can I best train my Magneton?

(For that sake, where do you train your B-team anyway?)

- Would you advice other pokemon?

Or train an Aron ( if you have it ). It have nice resistance against bug, plus it's rock moves are nice.

And i agree with @HongaarseBeer's advice, and i also suggest to bring some more steel and fight types to smooth your fight against Luna after you defeat Bennett ( so you don't need to go back and forth too much )

Edited by Ainz Ooal Gown

Your team is fine. You don't need to add anyone to defet Bennett. Just, as @HongaarseBeer said, evolve your Graveler to Golem, use an Earthquake to destroy the field (which will make the Signal Beams hit much less hard), and set up Stealth Rocks. Golem will take easily 2 hits from a Larvesta. 

You can also set up Light Screen with your Meowstic, and proceed to OHKO everything with Houndoom. Stealth Rocks will get everyone down to half HP anyways, except for Venomoth, which will go down to 3/4.

50 minutes ago, Jess said:

Your team is fine. You don't need to add anyone to defet Bennett. Just, as @HongaarseBeer said, evolve your Graveler to Golem, use an Earthquake to destroy the field (which will make the Signal Beams hit much less hard), and set up Stealth Rocks. Golem will take easily 2 hits from a Larvesta. 

You can also set up Light Screen with your Meowstic, and proceed to OHKO everything with Houndoom. Stealth Rocks will get everyone down to half HP anyways, except for Venomoth, which will go down to 3/4.

Actually once you change the field with earthquake,stealth rocks damage is boosted.All bug type pokemon will lose 1/2 HP and pokemon with 4x weakness will be OHKOed.

So OP as hell.I don't think this was nerfed.

Just now, Yagami said:

Actually once you change the field with earthquake,stealth rocks damage is boosted.All bug type pokemon will lose 1/2 HP and pokemon with 4x weakness will be OHKOed.

So OP as hell.I don't think this was nerfed.

Oh, DAMN! I didn't know that. Well, RIP Bennett!

Stealth rock worked so embarassingly well that I switched to my lvl 46 magneton and while the stealthrock OHKO'ed everything, it gained experience. Thanks everyone!

edit with question: How do I close this thread?

Edited by Dev.One

35 minutes ago, Dev.One said:

Stealth rock worked so embarassingly well that I switched to my lvl 46 magneton and while the stealthrock OHKO'ed everything, it gained experience. Thanks everyone!

edit with question: How do I close this thread?

Well,good job.

I think only a mod can close the thread.So you don't have to worry about it.