Retiring EXP, Ace, and introducing...

Amethyst

13 minutes ago, Yonomori Benio said:

Key question. What exactly will happen to the ace forum itself? There's a lot of stuff in there that I doubt people want public but there's also content that I'm sure people would miss were it simply deleted.

I'm going to have to second asking this question. If someone dug stuff up, they could probably find a post or two about me that ain't pretty, but compared to a lot of people, those are very, very tame. But knowing what the night club is, I don't think deleting it entirely is a good idea either.

• Global Mods

I think retiring EXP is a good plan, as I haven't seen anyone get more that 15-20% of the way to the requirement for Ace. also means beta hijinks are back on the table (kind of) so yay! 

Clubs seem like they'll be a good idea, especially for things like RPs and Redemption League if they'll work anything like I think they will

Edited by DreamblitzX

I’ll third all the folks worried about what happens to the content currently within the Nightclub, as there are things that I’ve posted in there that I don’t want the general public to know 

48 minutes ago, Hooligan said:

I imagine that the player with 100 Reputation Points will be an Ace Member, won't it? If that happens, it means I need between 6 to 9 months to get Ace Member rank, according to the amount of points I've got in one month.

Rep points won't be replacing Exp for Ace benefits: Ace membership just won't be a thing at all. 

Though I don't get how Reputation was tied to EXP at all (given Ame's statement on lifting the rep giving per day)?  Can anyone fill me in.

It seems like an interesting alternative, to say the least.  Aside from the features of editing status updates (which regular members got access to a few days ago), closing your own threads, and entering the Ace sub-forums, I never looked into Ace Member benefits; I guess I'll see what comes our way.

Edited by seki108

41 minutes ago, Yonomori Benio said:

Key question. What exactly will happen to the ace forum itself? There's a lot of stuff in there that I doubt people want public but there's also content that I'm sure people would miss were it simply deleted.

I think the solution to this based on the club system is to move the ace forum content into it's own private club that only the old aces have access to. However, without knowing how data transfer works between forums and clubs I'm not sure how feasible it is to retain all of the information on the ace forum.

• Global Mods
5 minutes ago, seki108 said:

Rep points won't be replacing Exp for Ace benefits: Ace membership just won't be a thing at all. 

Though I don't get how Reputation was tied to EXP at all (given Ame's statement on lifting the rep giving per day)?  Can anyone fill me in.

It seems like an interesting alternative, to say the least.  Aside from the features of editing status updates (which regular members got access to a few days ago), closing your own threads, and entering the Ace sub-forums, I never looked into Ace Member benefits; I guess I'll see what comes our way.

I think you got exp for getting 100 rep or something?

2 hours ago, DreamblitzX said:

I think you got exp for getting 100 rep or something?

Nope. At least , not in my case. I earned the exp with advices , trading , participate on discussion etc :) 

For the main discussion , i think i will enjoy this clubs system !

Edited by Zarc

11 minutes ago, Zarc said:

Nope. At least , not in my case. I earned the exp with advices , trading , participate on discussion etc :) 

He was meaning that was an additional way to earn it, (especially with how infrequently exp was given for the other things).....I think anyway

Edited by seki108

• Administrators

Sorry, I should've mentioned about the topics in the first place. I'm aware that a lot of people have posted things in confidence there, so all nightclub topics will be quarantined in a hidden forum. If people want to get specific posts or content out of there then the content authors can PM staff to arrange it. Alternatively, whatever needs to be done can be done until the time this takes effect.

Ok, so what about showdown custom sprites? This was original an option everyone could have with paying rupees (the old currency of the forum). Then it became an ace member perk only and now getting ace can't be acomplished anymore. Will everyone can get a custom sprite if they want? Maybe some, and who? And what about those who paid with the old currency and lost their custom sprite (or never got it cause in the last period of the said system the sprites were broken)? Same thing applies for voice on PS too

good call, id say. the title of 'ace member' had become pretty redundant by the time the site updated anyway.

got mixed feelings about clubs. all I hope is that it wont end up splitting the userbase too much. guess we will see.

edit: @pyrromanis I doubt youre gonna see much more of showdown perks in the near future. place is dead outside of league hours.

4 minutes ago, Bibs said:

got mixed feelings about clubs. all I hope is that it wont end up splitting the userbase too much. guess we will see.

I imagine users will be able to have joint membership across any number of clubs. Division will exist anyway, but that's usually manifested in sub-communities that have already branched off from Reborn.

Clubs seem pretty versatile by how they're described so far.

@Bibs hunger games club when

Can't lie, I'm glad as all hell to see exp die. It was a broken system and I was long wondering if you'd ever agree on anything to finally deliver the promise of tying showdown and discord participation into it at all.

But yeah I'm actually excited for the possibilities of clubs. Interested to see how things will turn out.