Choose my Team: Desolation Edition

Filthy Casual

What starter should I choose?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What starter should I choose?

This poll is closed to new votes

That's right! I got bored and decided to do another playthrough! This time, however, I'm going to be playing a randomizer run of Desolation! However, unlike the last few runs, I'm not going to be using Temere this time!

There are a few rules I have to this run. First, I'm only allowed to use Pokemon you suggest to me. This means I must nickname them with the corresponding name. Finally, all actions I decide within the game are decided by you, the player. You must tell me whether or not I should max out affinity, do certain side quests, etc. As such here are the first few questions:

1) Who should we be kind to?

2) What should our character be named? How about the gender?

3) What should our starter Pokemon be, including the nickname?

It's up to you!

Edited by Filthy Casual
Randomizer run on Desolation, NOT Rejuvenation, LOL

Let everyone be alive at the end of the beta.

Have a Ralts in your team named Graceful. Any other starter.

Try to have positive reputation with all characters.

• 4 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, HellBoyOnEarth said:

@Filthy Casual Did you already started the project?^^

Can't find the topic :o

I've made a decision to wait a bit for this to start. Working on Pokemon Empire has been a blast, but it's taken a fair amount of my time. Also, I'm currently doing a playthrough of Omega Ruby, and I realized that when I would have started this run, the next episode would soon be released. As such, I'm going to wait until then. Still, it looks like when we start, Sandile's going to be the one we choose! 

Having said all of that, I realize that it was irresponsible of me to not update all of you on the status of this. I would like to apologize to everyone for that. I'll ensure next time to keep lines of communication more clear so this doesn't happen again.

Edited by Filthy Casual

• 2 months later...

Chapter 1: A New Hero Emerges

Man, I'm excited to get into this one. Desolation is my personal favorite of the field-effect games, and I can't wait to share my experience with each and every one of you! As we began our quest, we were greeted to an introduction video by none other than Rosetta, the fairy gym leader!

NZcHOgB.png

Rosetta proceeded to tell us that there were 16 gyms in this new region, and she would look forward to facing us. We decided that we would put in our name...

Spoiler

Boitano!

DlS42WW.png

There were a lot of awesome names suggested, but given that we are currently experiencing the Winter Olympics, I thought this name was quite fitting.

After registering our name, we decided to enjoy a brief lunch with our friends, Scarlett and grass leader Ava. On the way up, however, we heard a scream. While running to check, we saw that Ava was having some slight difficulty with her Pansage. However, she had the situation under control. This prompted her to ask us this:

XWM0JJZ.png

This is what I think really separates this game from others. Desolation operates on a relationship system that alters the game. Because we didn't want to worry Ava, we decided to tell her that we were worried, prompting her to tell us this:

SIOhnXs.png

Knowing that she was safe, we decided to celebrate this journey with a lunch. However, as we were enjoying our meals, we happened to overhear a conversation...

4sKIUab.png

mLMNe9o.png

This greatly concerned Ava and Scarlett. The duo decided to report this incident to the captain. However, as we were entering his office, we ran into a rather rude individual.

rV4SmnN.png

This boy decided to send us on a mission to find anything "suspicious". As we were looking, however, we stumbled into the red headed woman once more.

MrSqJXM.png

As she saw us, however, she rightfully accused us of being rude. I mean, you can't just watch people close doors at your leisure. What next, are you going to enter the room?

qAYgeK8.png

...okay, so maybe it's strange that her room is a storage room, but who knows? Maybe her luggage is in that box...

4JRROWj.png

...oh shit...

mg94Is5.png

OH SHIT!

Needless to say, the mysterious woman decided to rid of the boat, condemning a majority of the passengers to death. Luckily for us, we happened to wash ashore with the rude boy from before.

spIkhp7.png

With nothing else to do, the boy decided to officially introduce himself as Connor, the fire type gym leader. It's quite obvious that he's the character who is supposed to start off as unlikeable, but then form a bond (not necessarily a friendship) with the MC as time goes on. However, at the moment, he made it clear that he was not happy with his predicament. He even decided to abandon us in the morning! However, before he left, we happened to notice a Pokeball wash up on the beach. We decided to pick it up, revealing none other than...

Spoiler

...our first new team member, Croco the Sandile!

0Oe7g0B.png

Perhaps he can't take a hit, but my goodness, his speed is great!

With our new friend alongside us, next time, we'll be adventuring into the woods! Who should we add to the team? What should their names be? It's up to you!