Closing Chapters

Tringus

The Future  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do?

• Keep making playthroughs
    • Only write Reborn and Rejuvenation's Playthroughs, just enjoy the original games for what they are!

Now calm down, I am not leaving Reborn, that would be ludicrous.  Simply madness if I did that!  I want to point out that I am NOT leaving.  This discussion is for a different thought on my mind, one that has been making me think as of late.

Did I grab your attention though?  If so, good!  Let's get started.

Now, with Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon looming right around the corner, I have been hit with a major reality bomb that I have NOT gotten my Moon playthrough done.  In addition, I have not gotten done with the post stories for any of my games since Black 2.  I feel like ever since Black 2, I have lost the time to do playthroughs.  One thing that makes it hard to finish Pokemon Moon's is the fact that there are too many cutscenes.  And with Ultra Moon when I get that, well... RIP.  On the other hand, I feel absolutely compelled to finish Moon's playthrough and write Ultra Moon as well, because Ultra Moon is an alternate story that is more in depth.

What am I talking about?  I am talking about my playthroughs, of course.  Some or even most of you might know me as Trevore, the man who writes out his playthroughs in detail, rather than go mainstream and upload playthroughs on Youtube like all the cool kids.  Now, why would I write out my playthroughs in the first place?  Well for one, my computer is not built to make videos.  Loud fan, no mic, and honestly, it has been a HOT minute since I have last made a Youtube video!  Besides, video playthroughs are overrated.  At the time, I thought "Why not do something different?"  After reading a fellow Rebornian's Black 2 written playthrough, I was inspired.  I wanted to do these too, but flesh them out, give them detail, and bring LIFE!  And I did.

Eventually, I decided "Hmm, there is a fangame?  Reborn, is it?  I think I will actually do a playthrough for this game!"  And so, I did that too.  Of course, I was still learning the ropes at how I could possibly make it look great, but sure enough, it got the official SEEL of approval from Amethyst, and I decided I would keep going.

Some of you might have heard me talk about this subject before, but I am actually thinking of just giving up on written playthroughs, and just playing the games the way they were meant to be played, much like how I played them when I was younger.  For the heart and fun of it.  That would not, however, stop me from at least showing you all my teams under my signature, because if I really want to, I can do that.  I want to experience the story again, but taking hours and hours to write out each chapter gets tedious sometimes, especially when each day, I lose more and more time to reality.  Both school and work have been kicking my ass, and it has been very hard to get back to what I loved to do when at the end of both school and work, I either want to play a different game, or just go to sleep.  Like I said, very hard to keep up.

If there is at least one or two games I still want to continue, however, it is Reborn and Rejuvenation.  Reborn was what really kicked me off in those written playthroughs, and may be my longest playthrough yet, and honestly, it is my personal favorite.  Reborn was what inspired me to do these playthroughs, honestly, rather than Black 2.  I was so inspired back then, and it really showed.  Hell, I might have been one of the first people that actually made one for Reborn and kicked it off for everyone else to make their own as well (To this day, it is probably still one of my most important and relevant playthroughs out there anyways).  Yes, there is much more story to it than Moon, but I am absolutely willing to keep going with Reborn, I CANNOT just let that one go.  Especially with Episode XVII coming out, and the fact I still have yet to catch up.  That is honestly why I want to beat Moon as fast as possible at this point.  As for Rejuvenation, it also has a spot in my heart, and I would be willing to even reset my file just so I can play it through again, just to see all the new stuff.  As for Insurgence for those of you asking, I had honestly just played the game for what it is.  I will show my team, yeah, but for me, it was more fun to experience Insurgence myself.  Of course, it will take time for me to continue with both Reborn and Rejuvenation, but at this point, time is what I am trying to grasp for other games as well.

In a way, this would also give me time to actually build competitive teams, and complete the post stories for the previous games I have already completed in terms of story.  In addition, I had also acquired more Pokemon games, such as Red, Yellow (VC), Gold (VC), Emerald, Diamond (I think I have that one, I do not remember), Platinum (That, I definitely do have), Black (I got another copy, but I am not even sure if I would play THAT one again), and X (VC).  I would finally have a little bit of time to actually play those games as well.

Which puts me at a dilemma.  Should I keep on writing my playthroughs, or should I just play the games for as they are and just keep writing Reborn and Rejuvenation's playthroughs?  Let me know what you think, and what I should do with these.

Current Team Status:

Yup, of course I would put this at the end.  Wanted to have a LITTLE bit of fun with this topic, even though it is a little sirius.

?

Name: ???

Level: ???

Moves: ???

?

?

?

?

?

I think I have enough votes to determine what I should do.  With a majority of the votes, I should...

Spoiler

...Just enjoy the original games, and still work play through Reborn and Rejuvenation!

I just know I can NEVER pass up doing a playthrough for Reborn, so that stays.  Rejuvenation, like I said, also has a special place in my heart.  And if Shofu was able to get back to it, so can I!  But the original games?  I think I'll just enjoy them, because well, they're the official games.  I don't have the time anymore to make playthroughs of every single game I play, and lord knows I'd be INSANE if I ever did a playthrough of an open world game like Skyrim or Breath of the Wild.  I just have way too many Pokemon games now to even count, and with that said, I can continue playing Moon at my own pace.  Thank you so much to everyone who voted!  Reborn and Rejuvenation will be back, whenever I get the chance for them.  I might need to find a balance between original and fangames, but until then, I'll also be honing my battling skills in both aspects.  Keep on dazzling and gleaming, everyone!