Anyone doing a second run through Reborn for E17?

uberle

When Rejuvenation was updated with Gen 7 mons I made a second save file and played through it all over again.

I'm thinking of doing the same with Reborn, but there's one small problem with that.

Being that Reborn is a ridiculously long game.

Rejuvenation isn't short, but so much was redone I wanted to redo everything.

I will do a second run of Reborn when E17 drops, even though it will take me a month or two.

Probably gonna post it here as well.

Is anyone else gonna do this?

And if so, what Gen 7 mons are you going to add?

The two I want are Litten and Mimikyu (Was upset the latter wasn't in Rejuv)

Maybe an Alolan Dugtrio for an Alolan form

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably not my main game, but heavily considering redoing my bird-themed run. I just got back from a long hiatus and feel refreshed enough to redo it from scratch. There's things I'd like to do differently, especially my starting team, which would most likely include a Rowlet and Pikipek in there, because yes.

I'm probably gonna do a new run with Sandbox Mode (so I don't have to go to the trouble of training new Pokemon from scratch), just to see what has changed. Not gonna abandon my Main Game savefile though, I'm too attached to it.

Not likely, I've already done like 5 playthroughs of the game.  One Nuzlocke, one Speedrun beating episode 15 in 12 hours, and one Fairy Monotype.  My most recent was when I got a new laptop and I had to do everything all over again.

Edited by Slicster

I might do another full run once Reborn is complete, but not now  (especially with how slowly I do a playthrough).  I still have my Hardcore playthrough on hold (after beating the second gym), though now I have all the time in the world to do that one (since it's discontinued at ep 16).

I'm mostly considering doing a bug monorun if not just because we'd be getting so many good bug types from gen 7 like Araquanid, Vikavolt, and Golisopod, which when combined with some of the already available bug types (Volcarona, Armaldo, Leavanny, Scolipede, Heracross, and Yanmega come to mind) makes for a viable team that mostly fits my type of playstyle, so I'm getting pretty hyped for that.

Bonus points if Ame decides to finally give us Scyther/Scizor this episode

Yes, my plan is to finish my 3rd current save(I got some powerful pokemons in this) in episode 17.Then after a few weeks, start my first ever fire type mono run in the game.I have never played a challenged run before.But I have read so many monotype run in Team Showcase that I am really interested in doing so and since fire types are my favorite pokemon,I want to start with that.

2 hours ago, Endstrom said:

I'm mostly considering doing a bug monorun if not just because we'd be getting so many good bug types from gen 7 like Araquanid, Vikavolt, and Golisopod, which when combined with some of the already available bug types (Volcarona, Armaldo, Leavanny, Scolipede, Heracross, and Yanmega come to mind) makes for a viable team that mostly fits my type of playstyle, so I'm getting pretty hyped for that.

Bonus points if Ame decides to finally give us Scyther/Scizor this episode

Join the club! ;) It is super-fun, I'm telling you!

Also, yes, I will play Reborn from scratch, but only after continuing my original run, shiny run, Bug and Poison monotypes.

Then, I have a couple themed runs I'd like to do as well, so a lot of exploration is going to happen!

I used to have an older save file of Reborn EP16, but somehow I deleted it from my computer like a dumbfuck. So some time ago I started the game from scratch and finished it in like 10 days since I have no life had a little bit more free time recently and even trained more mons than enough. Now waiting for the EP17, probably will ruin my game with my ridiculously IV-EV trained mons by making it too easy, though.

im going to do a new one. Ame is prolly going to change all the gym/rival/meteor/whatever battles along with Pokemon spawn locations. so im sure there will be enough change to make things more interesting than it already is (especially since i haven't played any of the new games since b1/w1.)  but in all seriousness who doesnt already have a 2nd run? i have a dragon, steel, and 2 whatever works play throughs.