Starting fresh in Reborn / Anthropology theme!

etherzebra

Hello good folks! With the coming arrival of episode 17 I've decided to start Reborn again. Last I played was episode 9 I think, back when field effects weren't really a thing and you could get two fire types and a drought vulpix before the second gym and light everybody up. What are the new tactics / great pokemon? I hear moves like nature power make good use of fields, but what are the important moves to have to transition fields to your advantage? Also, are there any miss-able quests I should keep an eye on?

I'm also going to do an anthropology themed playthrough, restricting myself to pokemon that look vaguely human [Roserade, Gardevoir, Ludicolo, all the fighting types]. If you have any stand out recommendations in that category I'd like to hear them!

Based on the designs, some pokemon from other egg groups may also fit your rule

Monster

Feraligatr

Sceptile

Water1

Poliwrath

Greninja

Bug

Ledian

Scizor

Heracross

Mineral

Golurk

Amorphous

Gardevoir

Banette

Gallade

Field

Primeape (if not that one then what)

Ursaring

Blaziken

Slaking

Chesnaught

Delphox

Incineroar

Lucanroc-Midnight

Bewear

Oranguru

Passimian

Grass

Tsareena

Breloom

Cacturne

Dragon

Kommo-o

Edit : Nvm, after enough research, it appears that i'm the stupid one here Xd

Hmm.... There's tons of human-like mons out there, like Ralts family, Zorua, Baziken, Rowlett ( i forgot the last form's name ). You can check the rest at @NickCrash's post

Edited by Ainz Ooal Gown

Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely consult Nick Crash's list as I go! I checked out the human-like egg group a while ago but it is fairly conservative. What's the point of a list without a ludicolo? I didn't know topsy turvy affected fields, I'll check that out. Part of my interest in Roserade, Ludicolo, and Florges comes from their learned field moves. Those seem useful. I've also heard that Simipour, the only pokemon to learn scald by level up, cooks the fire gym. I'll check smoochum out too, seems cool.

I've also noticed that the grass type has more human like pokemon than any other except fighting. I think that's because pokemon like vileplume, cacturne, tsareena, roserade, and lilligant don't have animal inspirations and are instead just anthropomorphized plants.

I suggest Rhyperior, if you like. You're sure to find a Protector in the gameplay to evolve Rhydon, and it has great defense and attack. Aggron works good, too. I use neither, since I have a Steelix.

Good luck and have fun in your journey :)