Mafia: Halloween Event Game End Monsters Win

Lord Drakyle

Hello there Boys, Girls, Non Binary and Monsters of all ages, I have been tasked with telling you all a spooky story, about a Halloween where Monsters in a village were being hunted by Humans. But telling you the story is boring, so with my super spooky Halloween powers, I am going to be giving you front seats in that you will be living the story as those monsters and humans! Players new to Mafia based games and Experienced folks are welcome alike, any and all questions can be asked here or PM'd to me, I am your story teller and tour guide of sorts in this adventure, you can find the Reborn Mafia discord here: https://discord.gg/qNfjbar let's just clear a few things up then we can jump right in.

What is Mafia: Halloween Event? (How to Play the Game!)

Spoiler

Mafia: Halloween Event is a mafia game which will feature standard Mafia mechanics and some additional ones (at least i'm told there is additional ones). The game will feature 3 groups, The Monsters (Uninformed Majority), they know their own Species (role) but not everyone else's, they will have to convince each other of their innocence and work together using traits their species are best at in order to hunt down...The Humans (Informed Minority), every night the humans are discussing among themselves who they will kill of the Monsters, there is also a 3rd party who can also emerge the victor of this Halloween Mafia Game.

When the game begins, Players will be sent a PM by me with your Species and Alignment.

There are two phases during the progression of the game:

Day Phase: This is when it is ok to talk in this thread, this phase will go on for 48 hours and players will either be Monsters trying to make sense of the outcome of each night passed as well as what kind of monsters everyone else is, the Humans will be trying to blend in and convince the monsters that they are one of them. Players will vote in this thread who they believe should be lynched, if all players have cast their votes the Alpha monster may PM me to end the day phase early using my spooky powers. A lynch is decided when a player receives the majority +1 of votes for them to be eliminated, if when the Day Phase ends the town could not decide on who to lynch or a majority was not reached the Alpha's decision on if a lynch should occur and if so whom will decide the Lynch or No Lynch outcome.

Night Phase: The Night phase will last 24 hours, during this time no one may post in this thread, during the Night Phase, the majority of Species specific traits occur during the Night Phase. The Humans will also be discussing who to kill during the night.

How is this different from other Mafia Games?

1.) The 'roles' are modified to suit the theme of Halloween
2.) The 'role' (species) and their alignment is discovered when a player dies try to use this to your advantage.
3.) I forgot

Opening Narrative

Spoiler

Living in a quiet town Monsters are the villagers. The day is Halloween, a time of the year when Monsters shouldn't need to worry about being seen by Humans, the monsters every Halloween would go out and hunt humans trick or treating alone but this Halloween, the Humans have had enough, a small group of Humans, disguised as monsters who attacked their villagers, have infiltrated the monster village and this Halloween the hunters become the hunted! Will the monsters find and kill the humans before they are wiped out or will the humans have their revenge and what is that smell of rotting flesh?

Factions

Spoiler

Monsters (Uninformed Majority): The Monsters will be trying to figure out who in the town is trying to mislead and deceive them and who can be trusted, they win when threats to the Monsters in the town have been wiped out.

Humans (Informed Minority): The Humans will be trying to mislead the town, deception is key to their victory, they win when they outnumber or equal the other players.

Zombies (Cultist Type): The Zombies are roaming and they win when the Zombies outnumber both Monsters and Humans combined.

Species/Roles

Spoiler
Monsters:

(1) Slime - Once a game, the Slime visits a deceased player and takes up their role. They may not take up a human role due to a difference in properties.

(2) Witch - Every night, the Witch hexes a player. If a hexed player does a night action, it will be publicly revealed during the day that they used an action on someone, but not what specific action.

(3) Black Cat - Every night, the Black Cat roams around and visits a player. If anyone visits that player during the night, they die of misfortune. However, the Black Cat has been tamed by the Witch, thus, the Witch is not affected by the misfortune.

(4) Mr. Bones - Sturdy and durable, Mr. Bones survives one attempt on his life except lynches.

(5) Mummy - The Mummy lies in his tomb. Every night, he visits another player and seals them in the tomb, hindering them from doing any action, but they are also immune from any other actions towards them.

(6) Vampire - Being once a human, the Vampire knows the difference in the stench of humans and monsters. Every night, the Vampire may visit a player and determine their alignment.

(7) Werewolf - The Werewolf is the Alpha, the Leader of the Pack. He bears two votes as the Alpha. (when majority vote isn't met they get final say on who is lynched)

(8) Ghost - The Ghost lurks unnoticed. Every night, the Ghost may visit another player and know whom they have visited, but they are not informed of the specific action.

(9) Gargoyle - The Gargoyle stands stiff in an area. Every night, the Gargoyle may stay at another player's space and watches if anyone else visits them.

(10) Scarecrow - The Scarecrow protects another player every night from harm.

(11) Basilisk - Stealthy and usually unnoticed, the Basilisk can, once a game, kill another player during the day phase without being revealed.

(12) Banshee - Loud, noisy, and annoying, the Banshee visits a player each night. When the Banshee dies through any method, the last person whom they visited will have their role and alignment revealed publicly.

(13+) Ghoul - Basic monsters with no special ability.

Humans:
(1) Con Artist - Every night, the Con Artist may visit another player and frames them. If that player is investigated that night, they will appear Human.

(2) Young, Innocent Child - Under the veil of innocence, the Young, Innocent Child deceives the monsters. The Young, Innocent Child appears innocent in investigations.

(3) Priest - Once per game, the Priest may exorcise a monster and convert them to their side (without ability). However, the toll on the body is heavy and the Priest loses his life in exchange.

(4) Spiritualist - An odd occult lover hired by the Monster Hunters, every night, the Spiritualist may visit and curse a player, forbidding them from saying a specific 4+ letter word. If that cursed player says that word, the player dies.

Third Party:

(1) Zombie - Once a human who has turned into a mindless monster, the Zombie converts a player every night into a Zombified Monster or Zombified Human, taking away their individual abilities and alignment. They share a private chat and if the zombie leader dies, all other zombies perish, as well. They win if they outnumber all living players.

Rules

Spoiler

- The Reborn Forum rules apply here.
- Any player discussion regarding the game, must be done here, private PMs and other methods of discussion such as Discord, IRL, Etc. are not allowed. Only exceptions are the mandated private chat groups are allowed to discuss the game amongst themselves.

- When voting to lynch someone, it must be done in the following manner: [Eliminate] *Name Here* in bold. Until Day 4, you are not required to vote however it does help if you do! If for any reason during Day 4 or later you will be unable to cast a vote or post in the thread, please PM me to let me know at the earliest opportunity.

- Players are required to post at minimum, 2 times during the Day Phase, during the Night Phase no one may post in this thread, failure to follow this rule will first result in a warning, if this happens again you will be eliminated from the game.

- Sharing PMs from me with others is strictly forbidden, if I find out you did there will be consequences....as soon as I remember what they were....but you won't like them so don't ruin the game!

- When a player dies, they may make one final post as long as it does not reveal information critical to the game, they may not like or react to other posts either once eliminated.

- When using your roles actions, you should send the details required in the same PM from me that was used to inform you of your role alternatively you can PM me on discord, you will be provided my discord name in the PM of your role just in case.

- Please don't edit your posts, if you must edit them, keep the original content followed by the changes or additions.

- Please be respectful to The Host which is me, or other players. Personal attacks on other players WILL have their own repercussions.

Big thanks to @Quinnox whose original version of the opening narrative for this game was what inspired me to create the one being used in this game and @Myrmidon Divergent who allowed me to use the design their mafia games use in order to create this first post for the thread.

If you want to sign up, simply comment below in a clear way to say you want to take part, have fun participants and Happy Halloween!

Player Roster:

1.) Greninja

2.) Venus

3.) Myrmidon Divergent

4.) Anti_Hero

5.) LykosHand

6.) Alistair

7.) Paul25

8.) Corso

9.) Shadowsusanoo

10.) DigitalAmber

11.) EndearingCharacterTrait

12.) purplecicada

13.) Megagun

14.) Alphagar

15.) Jace Stormkirk

16.) YinYang9705

17.) Seal

EDIT: Sign Ups will close 25/10/2017 at 12pm GMT+0, the game will begin at Night 0 shortly after that (or at least around that time when I wake up, 12pm is the earliest)

@Greninja, @Venus, @Myrmidon Divergent, @Anti_Hero, @LykosHand, @Alistair, @Paul25, @Corso, @Shadowsusanoo, @DigitalAmber, @EndearingCharacterTrait, @purplecicada, @Megagun, @Alphagar, @Jace Stormkirk, @YinYang9705, @Seal

Edited by Lord Drakyle
Adding players to the roster

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the Star Wars game end before this one starts or will I have to follow two games simultaneously and hit myself in confusion? There's only one way to find out: ask Lord Drakyle. I'm in.

Let's try and invite as many people as we can who might like to play, ill edit this post once I take a list of people noted that I can nudge.

@purplecicada @Megagun @Eviora @Refty365 @Nagisa_Hideyoshi @Jace Stormkirk @DigitalAmber @EndearingCharacterTrait

Edited by Lord Drakyle
nammmmmmeeeeees